pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
amazon.com/Samsung-Q310-34G-13-3-Inch-Centrino-Processor/dp/B001I45TAI
windowscentral.com/you-do-not-need-activate-windows-10
asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/specifications/
asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z270-MARK-1/specifications/
opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I make use of OpenNIC?

I have dnscrypt-proxy installed and found a few IPs that support dnscrypt (and don't log shit).

Does Sup Forums trust the Chocolatey community repo these days?

I need a USB wifi antenna, my router supports up to "n". Any suggestions for one? I'm looking on Amazon and this "amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005SAKW9G/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490046071&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=wifi n usb asus&dpPl=1&dpID=319UN98uKGL&ref=plSrch" seems the best.

Can I use paypal without setting up a credit card? I mean if people send me money to my paypal can I use it or would I need a credit card linked to it first?

My phone screen is totally smashed. Because I'm an idiot, I did not back up my contacts. USB debugging is also not enabled. Is there a way for me to recover my contacts and text messages? If I brought the broken phone and my new phone in to the carrier, would they be able to do it?

How do I fuck up installing a M.2 SSD?
I've got it screwed in place but my computer can't detect it.

You used a plastic screw right?

I need a charger for ipod shuffle 2nd gen, aka usb to 3,5mm
If I cut up some headphones, and a normal USB cable, would it be possible to connect the wires to make a charging cable?

I used a screw from the motherboard.
I did drop it once or twice tho.

And no, not plastic.

What's a good file manager for Android with LAN support? I'm so fucking sick of ES's shit now.

Is any resolution over 1920x1080 on a laptop monitor (let's say from 13" to 18") isn't refresh rate more important?

Are asus routers a meme?
My arris modem fucking sucks.

HALP!

I have an old PC case that has a Windows 7 sticker on it with serial number. I don't have the mobo.

Can I use this serial number on a new PC and can I install Windows 7 on it without any licensing issues? How should I go about it?

Also, were can I get Win7 ISO that will work with this license?

I think so. My friend's asus router sucks more cocks than any OP on Sup Forums.

No. This is assuming you didn't buy that copy outright that number is basically married to that motherboard and can't be used for another machine.

Just find another way. Or better yet, ditch windows.

Just pirate a pre-activated version.

>No. This is assuming you didn't buy that copy outright that number is basically married to that motherboard and can't be used for another machine.
Fuck.

>Just pirate a pre-activated version.
Any suggestions on which cracked edition works the best? Never pirated Windows before...

>pre-activated
this is how you get malware

daz loader or mstoolkit is what you want, don't do per-activated

daz loader is all you need

Download a clean, unmodified ISO (check the hash) and proceed to crack it with Windows Loader by Daz (again, check the hash).

Has anyone else had a problem with Sup Forums X not being able to embed youtube links into posts? The post just reads as blank. If I disable greasemonkey the link appears as normal, but that is a huge pain in the ass.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

For windows 7, easiest solution is Daz's Windows Loader, look for the one with the checksum 323c0fd51071400b51eedb1be90a8188. This only works if you are using MBR partition tables/legacy bios. Not uefi/gpt.

A google search for that should find you the legit version, don't download it from a scam site, and check the checksum after you download.

Basic, but somewhat capable image editor for Mac that is NOT fucking Gimp?

Just switched to Mac a few weeks ago and I like it but I haven't found something to replace fucking MS Paint yet. For E.g. just quickly making a meme like pic related

Thank you! I love you guys... in a non-homo way.

thank you!

>only works if you are using MBR
Not true.

It is though. The executable warns you that you're on a UEFI partition and won't start the process.

My laptop fan is making a ton of noise and sometimes it feels it's almost stuck, barely running.

Temp is ok... as long as i don't do anything too heavy ressources wise, but sometimes if the graphic card is involved (same heat sink), it goes up and up (90+ °C, proc) until the fan randomly starts blowing faster, or until i quit what i'm doing.

Dust isn't the issue, i've openned my laptop and cleaned what was there (almost nothing), i assumed the issue was coming from the fan needing some lube and i used what is displayed on the picture (not the Lion).

Since then, temperature is more manageable although same problem happens, and it can be even noiser than it was before when it's running.

I was wondering if i should use silicon grease rather than WD-40 ? Should WD-40 be enough ?

Jesus, telling him to download from a google result is pretty much the worst thing you could do. Pretty much everything in the top 10 is malware. And UEFI hasn't been a problem in the last several version

? ok I thought that it did.

RE-asking

Simple, free image viewer for windows?

HoneyView

You'll have to replace the fan. Try silicon grease to extend the existing fan's life. Don't use WD-40. WD is meant to evaporate and when it does you'll be in an even worse situation.

Honeyview is a good one. I think the latest version is Honeyview 3.

Anyone know where to go to find data breach dumps, this info doesnt seem to be easily found on google

thanks familios

password-locked pak/zip file - is there any way to get into it?

A record - A mapping of a url to an ip address
DNS - A collection of records
Is this correct?

>You'll have to replace the fan.

Problem is that i'm using a Samsung Q310 :
amazon.com/Samsung-Q310-34G-13-3-Inch-Centrino-Processor/dp/B001I45TAI

Changing the fan would be silly even i could find a replacement.

I would buy a new laptop but i can't find something "good" below $1200 (in Europe), while i paid $800 for the samsung (which was quite good in 2008).

At the same time i'm looking to build a new ITX desktop config, but i'm considering Ryzen too and ITX board aren't out yet, and it that regard spending $1200 on a laptop would be stupid, it's the cost of a decent monitor these days.

So i'm a bit stuck, i probably am going to try the grease then, thanks for answer.

I try to use it when I can
But most of the time, I forgot I have this instilled

Do your own homework

>With the appropriate password.
The data itself is encrypted - that password is the key. It's not like you could jump in with a hex editor and clear a value in the file and have it work. The data's just garbage unless it's decrypted with the right key.

>make IG for fun
>haven't even had it for a full week
>random russian hacks it and changes the password
How do I actually report this? IG's website help is a useless pile of fucking filth with no actual contact details or methods of recovery.

Hey Sup Forums I'm learning c

why does *(start+i)='*' give me a segmentation fault?

it gives me it no matter what i is even if i is within bounds of the array

They don't care than someone guessed your shitty password

paintbrush for mac

I know. It's what I get for not taking it seriously and using a basic non case-sensitive alphanumeric password but I only had two photos and neither were related to me plus the random changed the name too so eh. No harm.

How can I trace a route on a map on Android, from a list of street names (which should be in the route)?

I'm kind of lost here since I've never done anything with maps before (or any serious Android development), I'm not even quite sure what to search for. I'm not looking for spoonfeeding, literally just giving me a link to the right API to use / relevant documentation for this would help immensely.

what phone is it?
iPhone or android: your contact are on your account
dumbphone: if you're lucky your contacts are stored in the SIMcard

I've just setted up a little LAMP webserver and I ran some tests to see if everything was working dandy before thinking in getting a domain name.

I can access it just fine from any computer at my workplace, local IP and external ipv6. which obviously is expected.

Then I tried to access it from elsewhere, but it couldn't find my server.

After that I tried one of those millions of ping/traceroute websites from other countries and surprisingly they all can connect.

What the fuck is going on? Why it doesn't work within my country but it does just fine from other countries?

DNS propagation dude. Try connecting to the ip directly instead of to the name. Names can take a while to spread through DNS.

I know there are community versions of Quickpic out there, or at least one. Is there one that adds the functionality of pic related?

It seems a gross waste to me that I have to click the three dots then "details" to view the file extension of an image when it could simply be there on image tap.

Can anyone recommend a browser-based SSH terminal

I'm doing just that. I don't have a name yet, so every test I did was directly with my explicit IP address.

What happens if my RAM isn't supported by my motherboard? Does it just run at a lower frequency than advertised or does it straight up not work? If it doesn't work can I send it back for a refund?

It works for me (as it should). Post the full code where you're getting the seg fault.

Android. I never connected it to a Google account.

Where can I get a free windows 10 home product key that hasn't been used already?

#include
char* four_star(char *start){
int i = 0;
while(i

Thumbnail looks like not lewd loli Miia. I feel disappointed.

This is the output if that helps

>giving presentation tomorrow for app ive been developing
>app has a "whitelist" where it shows what apps are on my phone
>have to mirror my phone to the presentation screen, so audience will see everything

what are the most suspicious looking/sounding apps i can download to make everyone think im a creep

>char *test = "Test";
You can't modify a string literal.
Change that line to char test[] = "Test";, which will make it stack allocated at modifiable.
>*(start+i)
Just use start[i]

>at
and*

You can pirate
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

you can pay a few bucks on kinguin, or you can go unregistered windowscentral.com/you-do-not-need-activate-windows-10

Shouldn't char* four_star return it's values instead of printing them? You're telling it to print the value of a function that doesn't return anything.

Currently 2nd year in my computer meme degree, why are the classes >70% of my classmates chads and staceys on macbooks or taking notes with an ipad?
The course work is pretty time consuming but every higher tier class has more and more normies. Is this no longer a robot field?

Sorry, friend. It's fairly chibi, so I found it cute.

Right now I'm just chilling unregistered with the 'Activate Windows' watermark in the bottom right. Only problem is when I want to record my screen it gets in the way.

yeah sorry that's supposed to be void

Thanks.

I know you would usually use start[i] but we aren't allowed to in the assignment in order to get used to the idea of pointers

Thanks for your help

char *test = "Test" is is the problem. Change it to char test[] = "Test" and your code will work as intended.

Explanation: Arrays are always modifiable. The second statement declares an array of chars called "test", and initializes its value to {'T', 'e', 's', 't', '\0'}. The first statement is not something you want to do: it gives you a pointer to char called "test", and makes it point to a string constant "Test", which is going to reside in the read-only memory of the program. Attempting to modify this string gives undefined behavior.

What is the simplest way to take a webm file on my computer, and get it to embed and play in Discord without uploading to YouTube?

The ability for it to embed the file natively when uploaded has been requested for so long and still hasn't been confirmed as even happening.

My java intro homework is asking for "a constructor that sets all fields using its parameters (the parameter for the selected package
should be first)".

What the fuck is it really asking for? This is a program for selling internet packages based on hour usage. Can anyone help?

It's saying that the constructor should allow you to pass in data that it will use to set every field in that class.

bump

whats a good Sup Forums android app

ive been using mimi but its fucking cancer now, so many bugs

you're screwed, you need to fix the phone if you want your contacts back

Clover by Floens

Constructor: The function that creates new instances of a class. (Public static void someThing which returns a new someThing)

Field: A variable that belongs to someThing

Should I get a thinkpad x220/t420 or a nvidia shield tablet? I'm gonna use a Bluetooth keyboard holder for the tablet for typing and other things.

depends, with a shield youre kind of stuck with what you got. if you just want a shield you should get the shield

laptops are a lot more customizable software-wise obviously. i have a t430 for the past 5 years and ive used it for basically everything while going through university as a CS major. tons of linux distros, IDES, movie watching, etc. its a laptop that will serve you a long time, but its a laptop so if you want a tablet get a tablet..

I'm done with Google Play Music's bullshit, give me a music player that is easy to sync with my computer and is hassle-free to install on my android.

What's the point of buying those really expensive motherboards when the features are mostly the same with the cheaper ones?

>when the features are mostly the same with the cheaper ones?

because they arent?

theres generally always a reason for them being more expensive, the features may just be more subtle than an average user. or LEDs. LEDs = more money

Yea that's where I'm stuck on. I'd like a tablet for reading books and comics as well as media. Android is pretty much Linux so the advantage really would be for reading comics.

Okay but look at these two boards:

asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/specifications/

asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z270-MARK-1/specifications/

Both are mostly the same with specifications yet the price difference is nearly $100

You could use a debit card. But yeah you need some card attached

>I have dnscrypt-proxy
All you need to do is edit your DNS settings. You don't need to install anything. You can even add those IPs in your router settings so the whole network connected will use it.
OpenNIC has a guide to editing your computer's DNS settings.

opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/

I'll remove dnscrypt-proxy then.

I have no access to the router here, but what I was really wondering was whether it would be better to follow their guide or to just put the IPs in my /etc/hosts file.

I had the wrong drive in my ultrabay caddy and didnt notice until after i formatted it with devuan's installer. How can i get my shit back?

The shield is a decent little emulation machine too. I've been looking at it for a portable media machine (but I have a toughbook from work that I can use for tasks that require more than 1 min of typing so that aspect of my computer usage is covered)

Unless you've had both, you wouldn't really understand. It's a lot of little bothersome things that cheap motherboards do that expensive ones don't. A big one for me after switching from a nice AM2 Gigabyte to a cheap as fuck AM4 Asus two weeks ago is the DAC. Both are realtek. Both do the same 5.1. The Asus is 7 or 8 years newer yet makes all my speakers pop at boot and the subwoofer crossover is pure shit. Pulse lets me configure that a little but in Windows using Realtek's drivers you may as well give up.

You used to be able to link one directly to your bank account.No idea if that's still the case since I switched to using it with a card years ago.

You only need a bank account attached.You dont need a debit/credit card attached at all.

Mine is linked to a checking account, and I leave debit/credit cards out of it.

>dnscrypt-proxy
you DO need it if you're going to run dnscrypt/dnssec.

can someone recommend me some good mp3 players, or alternatively, link me to a site that can?

Do I need to run dnscrypt in order to use a dns server?