Guts thread

Didn't see one, so let's post our internals.

Pic related was just buttoned up for a client.

And this is my current computer. Might upgrade next year.

I reckon the new BitFenix machine deserves some better pictures..

My grandpa's arse is more impressive than that box of junk.

post it, sounds comfy

That case looks comfy as fuck what model is it?

ProdigyM in the obnoxious orange. But he played football for a college with orange and blue as their colors, so this is what he wanted.

That's a pretty sick build, user. What CPU cooler is that?

Custom.

Thank you user I will definitely have to look into that, I'm off to uni this fall and I need a smaller case. Again many thanks.

It's apparently good for LAN parties and such, if that's still a thing.
Beware the plastic bottom pieces. The case rocks if it's too top heavy. I'd support it with something solid and keep it off the thematic, thin, plastic "feet"

I know its a shit picture but it is the best I have at the moment.

Looks like your case is too big for your build. Kinda weird two-toned thing going on.

Nice case

Its an m-atx case with an m-atx board and yes it is quite larger than most m-atx cases like my friends Corsair r-88. Also the red is from the GPU fans PNY gtx 1070 i just got for cheap.

>BMO
!!!
Otherwise, I guess with the optical drive, I have more places to hide cables, eh? Still, seems like you could've been more creative, if that's your thing.

old rig inc, still not gotten round to pimping my zen rig

>ODD
>Dat plastic looking case

Quite snug though, 8/10 comfy

that XSPC res is shit, noisy as fuck. monsoon do much better bay res's with vibration mounts. what pump do you have? Did you stitch you cables?

>fucking gpu stand
My sides
is that a 2.5" hdd?
sleeve your cables and get better gaymin led's for optimal cooling

>cx psu
>cable spaghetti
clean you case user

>ODD
Guy is a self proclaimed DJ, so he insisted on a LiteScribe. /shrug

>xspc
If you'd have shown me a better reservoir pump combo with a black brushed metal front that fit perfectly into that case and theme, with the good reviews that reservoir had, for the same low price, I'd have considered it.
It didn't come with a pump, I put a vfd D5 in. Forget the brand, but it's in the other image I posted.

It and all the fans run on their lowest settings, and I haven't had an issue in 4 years. Hard to complain.

Clean build, user. Red isn't my thing, but it's well done.

I can't wait for this petg tubing shit to die out.

i like the banana

Ubuntu micro-server for Plex, Radarr, and Sonarr.

Loving the color scheme

It was a nightmare buiding my first mini-itx build, how are the prodigies to build in? They look real clean

That orange bills took me two nights. Really easy if you're patient enough and plan ahead.

Routing fans cables behind the mobo, getting creative with your sata connections, and knowing what pieces are pleasant to look at make all the difference.

My friend group from university still does LAN parties a few times a year where we all ditch our girlfriends and various other balls and chains and drink beer and game together. It's sort of a winter replacement for going to the cottage.

That looks so badass. I love small builds. I love the all-black. If Darth Vader owned a pc, it would look like that.

Another tight little build. Love these small builds a lot. Love the smiling creature in there, too. Nice touch. And you are going to swap out the HDDs for SSDs eventually, right?

>pssst, hey, user, go full SSD

Yet another great looking little build. I really love these.

Love the server guts. I wish I could do more to my Mac mini server besides strapping on some industrial heat sinks.

>look at me
>i am the ryzen now

>inverted case
>rgb
>leds
/g gonna love it

Looks like you could use a intake fan or two. Why not throw one to pull from the bottom?

Awesome build. Such a shame that some dope at Noctua thought that color scheme would be a nice look for their fans. Brown and tan? Come on, Noctua. I think Noctua fans are hideous but I have two in my rig because they are great fans.

Wow, another tight build. Builders who go small seem to be proud of their rigs, and why not? They end up looking amazing when done right.

How do you like that case? I want to go ITX but I also have a 240 and 120 rad that I need to accommodate.

>/g gonna love it

Well, I love it. I'd design my room decor around that rig. Well done. But does it run cool and quiet and fast?

There are smaller ITX cases, but I like the styling, full size PSU compatibility, and build quality of mine. You could also fit a 240 and 120 rad in the Define Nano S if you wanted to go smaller.

Thanks user!

>But does it run cool and quiet and fast?
yes * 3

I was actually comparing the dimensions of that case to the Nano S. The Nano is only about an inch or less shorter and narrower. I've heard Phanteks cases are high quality and 100% metal though and I know from my Define S that the front panel is plastic.

You're thinking of the large Enthoo Evolv ATX. This ITX case is plastic, though it is really sturdy.

Damn, that's disappointing.

My case sucks for cable management, but fuck it this rig runs great.

I see you and raise my own.

Fan set up is as follows: 2 on top, 1 on front, 1 on bottom, 1 on rear. 2 Noctua, 1 PSU. The rear fan exhausts, the Noctua feeds the rear. Everything else is intake.

>them loose cables
>fucking dust as far as the eye can see
>cables hanging over the bottom fan
>fans just sitting outside the case
jesus fuck man you're torturing the poor bastard

Ryzen upgrade soon

haf xb evo is goat

I'm just waiting on my GTX 1080 TI now.

You need to get some duster for that thing. Oh I would grab at least 3 cans, 1 to clean the system and 2 to huff while you do it. Shit gets you fucked up

I stand guilty. Don't worry though, I give it a periodic cleaning once a month, the house I am in is pure dust, as for the rest, its a heavily overclocked 8350 on a biostar w/ r9 380. The other components cycle in and out. I am going to try and push it till 2018. so far so good for an old rig.

And he's got the case directly on a shaggy rug. That pic belongs in a pc gore thread.

Three recommendations, user. First, blow all the dust out of that thing with a compressor or some canned air. Get yourself a nice bristle brush (a three inch paint brush will do), place the nozzle of a strong vacuum near the brush head, and brush that case and fans. Second, consider adding some fans to pull air into the case. At the very least, re-arrange the fans you have now so that there are more fans pulling in than pushing out. Third, get a slab of marble or some smooth and solid pavers or even a plank of wood. Make sure whatever material you choose is wider and longer than the bottom of your case. Put that slab under your case so that your case is not directly on the rug.

SSD placement on that case is 10/10.

>he bought a 1050
>not a 470
0/10

Am I the only one who thinks small form factor builds are sexy as fuck?

I think I see one fan in the front, but it will still suck in air and dust from every crack unless the ins outnumber the outs.

Lol those cases suck. The thumbscrews only go in their original holes even though they all look the same. No vibration dampers for the drive mounts. Metal edges aren't exactly sharp, but definitely not rounded over like you see from other case makers like corsair or in win. Also, there's no way to clean the dust filters on the front of the case - the two small side ones, not the big one that comes out.

Oh hey senpai

I should fix my cable management desu

>FX
the fuck is wrong with you

why did you get the pro vs the standard dark rock?

>upside down psu just blowing side intake right out the back
cable manage, put a filter on the side and the bottom and get that off the carpet. I had similar fan setup with 200 front, 1x120 side and rear 2x120 top. I had neg pressure and was sucking in from cracks so I just took the rear fan off.

front and side intake, top exh. temps and fan speeds were the same. switched to a 140mm in the side and the gpu got cooler. much cleaner now. My rec for that case
front, in: pwr fan or molex
side, in: gpu if possible, chassis if not
bottom, in: chassis
top, exh: chassis
rear, pwm, exh: cpu_fan

I wish I had a passable camera just for these threads.

6600k @ 4.7g 1.36v
16gb ddr4 3733 cl14 1.55v
gtx 1060 2ghz vcore 2.5g mem
asus maximus viii hero
phanteks p400

it's a high refresh pc built specifically for shit like WoW which you have to fight with to get to 120+

pIC Didnt upload

How to fix bluetooth

sell it and buy a tablet

But tablets are too square.

Ive thought about buying one for an anime machine though. This laptops been giving me a lot of issues lately

>y570
I thought that looked familiar. We've got the same laptop, user.
Replace the wifi/bluetooth card if it's not working.

Close, its a y510 actually. Howd you recognize it?

I probably will. Im tempted to buy a new laptop and keep this as a backup just because of all the issues its been giving me lately, some of it is my fault as ive been way to rough with it while moving/being drunk ect.

The adhesive foil bit on the HDD bay was the first clue. It didn't come off cleanly or reattach properly when I installed an SSD, but didn't seem to affect anything anyways. I always thought it was a retarded design because of that, so it stood out. As for getting closer than that, well, pic related.

Yeah had to mod the case a tiny bit to mount it there. It's not stock like that but I wanted to feature the SSD because it was the basis for the theme.

My first build desu
Hyper budget KabyLake Pentium G4600 + RX 460 on a refurbished B150 mobo.

I stopped being a neet and got a job, so will be upgrading in about a month to i5-6600K + GTX 1060

vroem vrooem

Hello fellow PC-Q25 owner.

Cable management isn't necessary desu. Aesthetics and ease of cleaning/removing parts are the only real benefits.

Jesus christ

my testing system, just assembled into this shinobi

I can't help but question your decision to go with a some-what expensive case and the intel stock cooler. The intel stock cooler is fine, the locked chips are a okay way to save money but if I were to use one I would get a nice understated no-window case. Maybe a fractal or no-window variant a super midi like s350, s440, phanteks shit, etc. The case IS gorgeous though, maybe clean it?
god yes. you managed to make poo fans match your build. why isnt there any power going to your motherboard? No GPU is cool but it would look nicer with one.
Strong 10/10 but it's just because you were willing to spend money on aesthetics. I picked parts that looked good together but refused to pick something more expensive just because it would look better. The matching of those sick cables, gpu, x62, and aer fans on white god it's just matched so well. I like it.
It's a computer!!!

you should do something with that cooler, having the cable hang out in the middle doesn't look very naisu desu.

No where else to mount it though. I could mount it the other way so the cables are on the top but I kind of like it the way it is because it camouflages the gpu's power cable. What if I bought some coils to go around the tubing?

yeah, maybe on top and try to tie them to the roof somehow.

You can probably find some other way to arrange the gpu power cable. You could pass it from below the gpu and then around to the connector

Hm alright thank you, I'll work on it tonight and post results in the next thread.

I can't get over how nice the p400 is for a $60 case. Every time I have to move it for whatever reason I'm blown away by how light and nice to the touch it is.

The rotated AIO logo is triggering

It looks like you spent time cleaning up the cables except for a few strays. What gives?

I don't know, I just didn't even consider it. Yeah it took a long time to put it together because I wanted it to be good even though it's like my 10th build.
Should I pick up some aers and a hue+? I already have 2 rgb strips but I only have a simple controller for them thats a part of my case, so the hue would let me do more with them.

oh yeah and there is no where for those strays to go. The two black ones up top are from the cooler and I can't mount the cooler on the top part of the case because the ram gets in the way.
the front panel cables are managed asa well asa they can be. and the cable in bottom left is the power for the rgb led strip, I suppose that can be taped down out of sight.

I know you said this guy's system only looks good because money but he actually mounted the water block correctly. There are a lot of little things that can make your build look so much better.

Fan extension cables for a couple bucks

>upgrading in the same generation
>skylake
>2017
you are pretty retarded

pretty retarded for buying an rx 460 instead of waiting a bit longer. The computer wasn't working correctly with the IGPU so I had to hecking buy something to see if it fixed it. I'm mostly upgrading early to help a poor friend build his own for cheap with my parts. Upgrading CPU wasn't in my plans but another friend's selling me his, which he hasn't ever used. My wallet's getting hit so hard I probably won't even consider an upgrade for the next decade.

Is there any real way i can cable manage this any better without shilling out for a modular sfx psu?

r8, i know i didn't clean or dust the case for posting

You guys probably seen this case before (Thermaltake P3) but i changed it up a bit, so instead of keeping it open case I 3D printer some brackets so I can close off the top and side.

I need to re-do the acrylic for the side as they are not the right measurements ( a bit of a gap)

Took that picture before I added the power supply back in. An ATX PSU blocks the entire view of the motherboard.

Thanks man. I was going for an industrial theme. Lots of brushed metal and dark tones. That random white was added out of necessity when painting the fan ring dark didn't turn out like I wanted, and in the end I think it's a nice splash.

SFF builds deserve more praise imo. Anybody can slap some stuff into a giant case and make it look neat. It takes real skill to pack a full computer's worth of components into a small case.

Yes yes well done user. Well done.
However.

>guts pic without PSU
0/10

the rainbow 24-pin ruins all these otherwise decent builds for me

no

It is the picture I had on hand. Don't care enough to dig out the server so I can take another pictures.

Lenovo laptops like to whitelist WLAN cards. One of the reasons I will never buy another Lenovo or HP (or any other laptop with a WLAN or WWAN whitelist).

>not being able to get around the whitelist
you don't deserve a lenovo anyways

Crossfire was a mistake