What happened? Everyone hates us now

What happened? Everyone hates us now

Other urls found in this thread:

archwomen.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the "i'm better than everyone else" attitude happened.

Little babby dualbooting Arch Sup Forumsirgins break things and make abhorrent posts. Makes me wanna die.

I had to uninstall Arch because we're literally a joke now. Maybe it's because Sup Forums convinced every teenage autist on Reddit that it was for geniuses

Fuck you Sup Forums -- the community has been fucked thoroughly. At this point the Ubuntu people have a higher density of real engineers and devs in their community

you killed this distro Sup Forums

Because Manjaro is a thing now. Only faggots and edgy retards use arch now

>anime background
>hostname is literally autismbox
>realname as username
>1h39m uptime
>1089 packages (muh bloat)

huh... yeah okay fuck this i'm rolling Fedora

>le sekret Sup Forumsenius club distro was ruined

>implying we didn't always hate you

well we needed something else to make people waste their life after install gentoo became a well known meme

kek, just knew it would get something
I'm skimming through distros to see whats the comfiest

kubuntu number #1

Ubuntu mate and fedora are always comfy

you will be remembered for having better libvirtd/VFIO documentation than the actual distro I was using

the arch wiki is still better docs for ubuntu topics than the ubuntu wiki.

arch users however are loathe to admit they run the same linux as everybody else.

Nobody ever liked you

You guys are cancer

I tried arch and it broke within the first 5 minutes so I ditched it for a proper distro.

That's because Arch is a distro for pro users, you're just not smart enough to handle it.

Maybe if you guys did smart things like read and study and enjoy graphic novels instead of hitting each other with footballs and fighting you could run a productive, rolling release, operating system, that's enjoyed by some of the smartest people on Earth

Post pape

archwomen.org + systemd killed arch

I'm actually surprised Arch of all distros didn't fork the Kernel just for hipster cred.

>we're using AUR to keep our version of kernel compliant with The Information Security Management System.
>we call it AURTISM

Thanks for the keks.

samefag
but aren't you already working from redhat? you should use RHEL instead

this image not exist on booru?

>Arch embodiment

I think you meant KDE neon

What's wrong with using a first name as a username?

Literally nothing

the unspoken rule is that you must have your hacker alias as the username

depending on the thickness of the tinfoil, it could be used against you at a later point, assuming your CC and ISP account aren't because you steal wifi and you're deepweb tor custom browser vpn 7 proxy somehow fails.

technically bryce means valor/strength, so its hacker enough

>What happened?
>systemd

Really, it's the elephant in the room that happened.

shut the fuck up, Bryce

Bryce means gay. It's a fruity name. Now you're getting mocked on the internet.

Fuck you!!! My mom said its a good! Like I would care about what you think!

>That's because Arch is a distro for pro users, your just not smart enough to handle it.
fixed that for you

Nice try, but people who make typo's aren't smart enough to even hear about Arch Linux

I installed it just this weekend. I learned a few things, like I was pretty hazy about what UEFI was but creating an EFI partition and mounting it at /boot/, and installing grub into it cleared it up. The importance of /etc/fstab/ was reinforced, and I see chroot a little differently. Seeing my desktop environment is just a program with a systemd config was interesting.

Overall my workflow is the same except a few things are out of place. It was a good experience installing it but not that it's up and running it hasn't been much different than Ubuntu for me.

That's because you have superior intellect, user. Your average person can't install Arch Linux, it's simply too challenging for people who are bad at math

I still like Arch, but with PPAs, I plan to move to Ubuntu since it's easier to set up and I don't really get much out of the AUR anymore.

Forgot to attach...

>tfw going to install VOID linux
>cupoflinux review said it was close to BSD

Who here running BSD and linux distros closest to BSD? I guess I'm just special retard falling for memes

dude BSD is an entirely different kernel

there's no Linux distro that's like BSD (because all Linux distros are using the Linux kernel, not the BSD kernel)

None of this is mildly amusing; these posts are void of fact and relevant material. As a result, the image board degrades further (if possible). Though we don't speak of it often, those of us know it continues to devolve, because of an influx of people like you, with every passing year. What makes you think people find value in such commentary? It's time for another failed reality check.

Does the Orange Pi Zero make a pretty good file server? I was thinking about replacing my old-ass mac mini with one.

I share your lack of amusement; good sir. Maychance you are also a kindred Arch user? These threads are so droll -- the athletics (as I deign to call them) think that scripted partitioning makes them strong, and us weak.

May I interest you in some private subreddits that may relate to your keen interests in Arch Linux?

>the image board degrades further; its quality, once sparkling and coruscans glitter, has been drained

t. butthurt archfag
If you don't want people criticizing something subjective, then blame OP, not the people answering him. There are no "statistics" or "relevant facts" other than most people hate Arch users from here because of desktop threads, pedo-like papes and their constant special snowflake behavior.

It Just Werks. Make sure you use Armbian though. It comes pre-setup with SSH when you start it with Armbian, so you can just ssh as root and it'll help you set up your personal account. If there's somehow an issue, you can plug it into a PC and it'll attach as a Serial device and you can use picocom or PuTTY to get in. Powered by a typical MicroUSB cell phone cable.

archnomore

>he fell for the "Arch used by NEETs" meme
>his mom didn't educate him about Xubuntu
>a non-meme distro that *actually* werks
>blazing fast updates, & power of ubuntu repos
>unlimited ricing, freedom and privacy

To the lost newfag souls out there, tortured by one meme after another, day after day: Install Xubuntu. also,

>2017
>not learning spanish

Neato, thanks. Do you run into any bandwidth issues like the rpi's ethernet-on-usb problem? I would be using it to stream video (though actually, I should just get the Orange Pi One and hook it up directly to my TV)

He doesn't know that Ubuntu's best ever flavor, Xubuntu, is an undefeatable god-tier OS. This guy doesn't fuck.

It's fastethernet, rather than gigabit, but there's wifi which may be faster. Some of the higher Orange Pi models have gigabit ethernet though. My current server (the Arch one) doesn't have a CPU good enough to push more than 10MB/s over sshfs and gigabit, so I don't really mind fastethernet. I think it would be easy to setup wifi on an Orange Pi with nm-tui. The wifi is 802.11/n and fastethernet is 12.5MB/s. 10MB/s is what I really get though. I have no idea how much bandwidth you need.

You pretend that your "distro" has anything to do with its supposed "features" or "differences" when this is just a game you play to get attention, and it does nothing but hold us back as a general community, and has absolutely, positively nothing to do with linux, computers, technology, "software politics", "fighting the good fight", or whatever retarded shit lie you tell yourself.

>Everyone hates us now

Except this is exactly what you wanted, you keep "recommending" arch to newbies and journalists and they keep repeating 2003 shit about how linux sucks because that is effectively what YOU are - YOU suck, they're just taking after you. Aren't you proud? Of course not because this is just about attention. You have sacrificed hundreds of thousands of new users and also the word of the community, and for what? So you can pretend to be psuedo-intelligent for 15 minutes until your next victim?

Arch has nothing to do with linux or technology, it is resultant of special snowflakeism gone rampant as you were taught in general that being different instantly means you're superior, you just keep trying to be different without having any idea if this is really working or not or what the consequences are. Now you're on your own and you have to make decisions and you are not only failing miserably at it, you are dragging everyone else down with you with your shit on purpose "recommendation".

You're basically waiting for looks from your classmates that haven't been with you for 15 years. I want you to know that there's at least one "idiot" you classified that is probably working in software and making way more money than you ever will because of your shitty suicide attitude. There would be a great easy alternative for all of us, which is you going in your gay little corner on IRC and SHUTTING THE FUCK UP. But we both know you won't do this. So instead. Please please please, help the linux community by killing yourself now instead of when you're still a failure at 35

>image related

Gentoo's Portage is similar to FreeBSD's ports tree, and it can use the FreeBSD kernel instead of Linux.

Friendly reminder

10MBps is plenty. The Mac Mini I'm currently using also has 100Mbps ethernet, and I always suspected it was bottlenecking on the IDE interface, but never really checked. USB2 might actually be an improvement as long as it doesn't have that rpi design flaw, and it sounds like it doesn't.

jesus christ dude, you should get your autism diagnosed

Yep sure is because it would probably take a week to get that working on arch

in that case I actually agree with him, that one particular week did in fact see a memelet making those threads just to fit in without really knowing why we're all here

>he stitched together this entire thing because some guy posted the meme that made fun of arch again

>apparently it's funny because some guy told him he had a BMI of a high number

If you use Linux, you can just use sshfs without having to install anything extra on the Pi itself.

>Getting this triggered by pasta.
Either you're very new or you actually have autism.

porky pls

Install FreeBSD :thinking:

I preferred the look you had with gnome

>bryce@AutismBox
>screenfetch and not a customized neofetch
>fucking gnome and not a pimped out tiling wm
>powerbar? powershell? power... whatever the fuck its called, and not a self pimped out prompt
>otaku and not real anime
>no %S on clock
wtf you doing tyring to rice for nigger, you can't even noodle

>Make sure you use Armbian though
Is there any alternative to use on the orangepi zero?

Arch is Gentoo for retards and Sup Forums's favorite distro.

it really seems like arch is in decline

the amount of outdated packages this year on pacman is staggering

Professional devs just install something that works.
True 1337's are the ones that realise all distros are the same, regardless of package managers.

>Everyone hates us now
Arch memeing is probably as old as Sup Forums

people hated arch around 2010 iirc

Every distro Sup Forums recommends is outdated as shit. Debian is a joke, Ubuntu is a joke by extension with extra jokes on top of it, Mint is just Ubuntu but worse, Gentoo is outdated and a massive waste of goddamn time. Are we all expected to go with Fedora? Which upstream maintainers are actually on top of their shit?

>mfw appropriate use of the word "literally"

> 3.2.9
Petrified mammoth shit.

You can, There's android, Raspbian, Arch, maybe Gentoo, a few others, but Armbian has a perfect hardware setup out of box. You're just giving yourself pointless busywork otherwise.

Arch really is a good distro, however I was unable to install it on an sd card so I had to go with an arch derivative

wouldnt really consider using a other distro
maybe gentoo but im to dumb for that still

Only dumb people use gentoo. That's why it's a meme.

I still can't believe I have to explain this to people.

Can I still use Armbian on a Orange pi zero without the SPI flash chip?

>What happened?
ubuntu became comfy as fuck

ITT: "trolls" think they're baiting anyone except other falseflagging "trolls". Everyone else just sits back and laughs.

>nico
>feet
>twm

There's pretty much nothing here I don't like.

patrician taste my man

Except they aren't. Arch doesn't split packages and offers little customization to the base system.

>gets butthurt over someone criticizing his autismOS
>samefags the thread repeating 'haha ur just fat' while not refuting any arguments because he can't
>spends hours making this retarded png to repost
>he thinks it proves a point other than him being extremely fragile

Archfag: The Post.

You can't make this shit up.

>open shit thread
>see helpful post
Odd queestion, have you tried the audio-out m8?

can arch read ryzen cpu temperatures?

if so I'm gonna go full archfag

I use Arch and I do all the things you said smart people do and dont do

>Gentoo is outdated and a massive waste of goddamn time
what? Gentoo saves so much fucking time if you regularly need to patch packages, need out of tree stuff, need different versions of packages, and stuff like that

The autism rule is not use your first name as username

What extensions are you using?

In reality, I think that it's a mix of sour grapes on one side and autism on the other.

Side One:
1)Someone tries to install arch for their first linux distro because Sup Forums
2)Doesn't "just werk" like windows/macos
3)They think "Why would you waste time with this, it doesn't work
4)They see people who are successfully using arch and feel bad that they couldn't get it to work, and they start shitting on it every time they see it because of this.

Side Two:
1)Kid installs arch and it works, because he read the manual
2)Sees people using windows/macos/ubuntu on technology forum
3)Feels superior to them because he had to read to install his os
4)Consistently bashes every other system (except possibly LFS and gentoo) and lauds arch

Both of these are the reason there is so much hate for arch linux

You're completely delusional, seek medical attention.

or there's what most people do, Side Three:

1)Try to install Arch
2)Realize it's way too difficult for a normal user
3)Use an installer
4)Everything works
5)Use Arch as a normal OS like a functioning human being.

>calling it a timesink OS while wasting time on Sup Forums bitching about it
The irony is palpable

I'm not saying that there are only two sides, I'm saying that the two sides are the problem.

The normal people that use arch aren't part of the problem.

Because we're autistic.

it's a Sup Forums meme. newfags come here and perpetuate it. they have probably never encountered a single example of those petulant arch users they circle jerk so much about.

in truth, nobody actually believes Arch is difficult to use or unstable, except dumb memers.