Tell me why my build sucks

sugo sg13b mini-itx for 1440p gaming for under $1000

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qnPrnn

Is that mobo good?
Should I use rx 480 and upgrade a year later, or should I just buy 1070 right now?
When I decide to upgrade the CPU 3 or 4 years down the line, will I be utterly screwed? Or there will be CPU which will fit with the mobo?
How should I design the airflow inside the case?
Yes I know, but Ill use external HDDs for storage

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/product/FMJwrH/plextor-internal-hard-drive-px256m6s
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/Z68H99/asrock-motherboard-h110mitx
de.pcpartpicker.com/product/TPtCmG/enermax-case-fan-uctp12p
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qnPrnn
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/km8VgL
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1070's pretty sweet. They're also enormous. I don't really get Sup Forums's thing with tiny cases, except for the asian feel of being cramped in a tiny box and needing every cubic inch of space for your elbows or whatever.

sugo needs atx size PSU
8GB ram is not enough
RX480 is mediocre for 1440p
Why zotac ssd? Get a fucking 850 evo

Im justifying it as /trv ready

>8GB ram is not enough
Why is that? Everyone likes to fap to 16GB ram but is it really necessary? Especially right now when prices went up

>atx size PSU
any sfx to atx aftermarket brackets for corsair sf series?

>RX480 is mediocre for 1440p
Agree. I have old 1080p monitor right now and plan to upgrade to 1440p within 2 years. Not sure whether I should buy 1440p card right now or wait.

>Why zotac ssd? Get a fucking 850 evo
I know mostly jack shit about SSDs. Why is evo better?

>1070's pretty sweet. They're also enorm..

stupid cube case which isn't that small
$1k but shitty parts, nice i5-7500 dipshit
basically a shitty budget rig i could build for like $650 USD or maybe $700 with an unlocked 7700K or a ryzen chip and you're dropping 850 eurobucks on this mediocre budget rig

retarded.

>budget rig i could build for like $650 USD or maybe $700 with an unlocked 7700K or a ryzen chip

Show us, faggot.

What case is this?

Improvements to be made
Get an additional stick of 8Gigs ram, I’m not saying it in terms of just a “as a nice thing to have” but it is necessary, I found that if I load a benchmark program on my 1080 performing a vram stress test I could not completely load my vram until I decided to add two extra sticks of ram (total 16Gigs of ram) ( I assume it prepares the data in the ram before sending it towards the video cards memory.)
Stick with a cheap SSD for example a Plextor M6S 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, do not pay for the name, even if there was a difference in the manufacturing process between the two you would hardly feel a difference in speed and response times. de.pcpartpicker.com/product/FMJwrH/plextor-internal-hard-drive-px256m6s
>Is that mobo good?
The mobo is decent but i believe you will get more out of your money if you stick with this mobo, de.pcpartpicker.com/product/Z68H99/asrock-motherboard-h110mitx Sure it looks ugly but are you actually going to be viewing it while it is in your mini-itx case. This would be a significant factor to consider, if you had a case window but you don’t.

> When I decide to upgrade the CPU 3 or 4 years down the line, will I be utterly screwed? Or there will be CPU which will fit with the mobo?
Naturally newer Generation of CPUs may use new sockets. So basically in 3-4 years CPUs there may not be compatible with your socket. However if you going with an i5-7500 there is still room for improvement within your current generation. As new generations of CPUs are released older generation’s values will decrease such as yours meaning that you can upgrade there for less than now for more.
>Should I use rx 480 and upgrade a year later, or should I just buy 1070 right now?
It is purely your choice whether you want to waste/reuse an RX480 to then opt for a 1070 or just straight of the bat purchase a 1070, you can probably afford a 1070 under while remaining under $1000.
>How should I design the airflow inside the case?
With airflow you don’t typically have to go in-depth but cable-management is a very strong factor to consider for airflow to efficiently flow through the case with ease. Make sure to get cable-ties and replace that fan of yours with a static pressure fan, static pressure can forcibly push more air through the case and I don’t mean it in the sense that it’s going to be spinning 1000rpms than the other sounding like a jet engine taking off, just the design of fins are different. I’d get this for the fan instead Enermax UCTP12P 80.0 CFM 120mm Fande.pcpartpicker.com/product/TPtCmG/enermax-case-fan-uctp12p
Other than that your build looks like a nice build.

8GB of ram is enough

just go get the 1070 now, there's always going to be a new series of cards coming out and you'll always kick yourself for not waiting for them

>de.pcpartpicker.com/list/qnPrnn
something like this de.pcpartpicker.com/list/km8VgL

stop answering niggers in separate threads

>that if I load a benchmark program on my 1080 performing a vram stress test
...so uh, no difference in real gaming use?

>Plextor M6S 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Thanks

>asrock-motherboard-h110mitx
I dont give a fuck about how a mobo looks. If I understood correctly, this mobo is capped at 2133Mhz RAM speeds. Feel a little bit uneasy on this. Are flash updates which increase RAM speeds common?

>newer Generation of CPUs may use new sockets
How many months/years does one generation/socket last? Am I locked into CPUs which are already released, or is it expected cheaper, more optimized CPUs will be released for the old platform?

>Enermax UCTP12P 80.0 CFM 120mm
Uh hum

b-but $200 price difference

will look it over, thanks

>How many months/years does one generation/socket last?
>intel
We'll probably get a new socket next year.

LZ7

the only issue is the case cooling ability.
If you want to insert high performance CPU, that need 65W and above you should use a water cooling system or you will have issues with temperatures.

I have that case

Kraken X31 water cooler and a full size 1070

Ignore the naysayers, the SG13 can do anything quietly except SLI

if you use a water cooling system.
Many people get heat problems with a air cooled system

Yeh, I don't think the SG13 lends itself to air cooling if you're overclocked

I have never used water cooling before, I tried a Cooler Master setup and it was shit, I put the Kraken X31 into my SG13 and it's been perfect

I have an i5, 1070, Silverstone 700W PSU, 2 hard drives and an SSD all in that little case

I built in the white version of that case, I like it a lot although its a bit of a pain to work in which is to be expected. It was smaller than I anticipated. Check out my /bst/ pic for scale. As for airflow, there's really not much you can do. I could only fit a single 120mm fan in the front and I have that as an intake. I have a full size ATX power supply(haven't gotten around to replacing it with an SFX yet) and that vents out the top. As long as you have a decent aftermarket cooler on your CPU you should be fine. Also, fan grills might be a worthwhile investment. For storage, I managed to fit an SSD and a 3.5" HDD. If I had an SFX power supply I could fit a second 2.5" drive on the little side rack(which some websites don't show in their images) and I could swap out my 3.5" drive on the main drive sled for two 2.5" drives if I wanted to. I don't think external HDDs are super necessary unless your particular use case demands several TBs(more than 3-4 drives) of storage.

Good luck senpai.

Can't be any worse than my buddy's rig. This is literally it. He never built a pc. He didn't know where to put the hard drive, so he put it in the nest of wires he made.

The 480 performs damn well for its pricing my dude and its not too shabby in 1440p

>rats nest of cabling in front of the GPU fans

Triggered

Looks good

I would get an Nvidia GPU for lower heat in an ITX build

Yeah what this nigger days, show us faggot