KDevelop 5.1

why dont you use KDevelop, Sup Forums? With version 5.1 it even supports LLDB and cppcheck now. And let me tell you, it starts so fast I from an OS from scratch in the time it took to launch VSC/CLion/EMACS.

Choosing Kdevelop is a choice for yourself Sup Forums.

it's shit

>claims it's shit
Name a good alternative (IDE) then.

>using IDE for personal projects

Nah

dont you debug in your spare time? what a miserable life you have!

I just installed it. I like it so far. Usually I use vim but it looks nice op.

>you need an IDE gui to debug effectively

Nah

you're shit

If it does good C completion I'm sold

>With version 5.1 it even supports LLDB and cppcheck now
wow

like wow

theres vim mode in there somewhere if you prefer that

ofcourse it does, thats why it has clang autocomplete user.

n-n-n-no y-y-you

depends on what you code in your spare time then :^)

not C++ btw, does it complete standard library and load up definitions from headers and shit?

would i make this thread if it didnt do all those things and more?

>not just using vim or vscode and GDB

>Name a good alternative (IDE) then.

netbeans
eclipse
clion
vs
codelite
geany

of course you would, you're thirsty to make people do what you do so you can feel validate your insecure self
so does it?

Thanks dear shill, i'll try it out.

>Debug

How about you write proper code in the first place?

Again, if it's a personal thing you can get away with gdb or the terminal in something like atom

The only other excuse I see for an IDE is something like GUI programming which has a lot of boilerplate code, but again if it's a personal project why make a GUI for it?

im making money with kdevelop, sorry to burst your bubble

what? the gui is right there in kdev. and i use it all the time for personal projects, but then again they tend to depend on many libraries.

I hate all that 90-degree tilted writing. That's exactly why I never use Kate anymore.

I love how KDE makes their system very configurable. But they have a bunch of apps with a shit-tier sense of design (usually overly-complex visual clutter), and I replace them all with better, simpler alternatives.

KDE shit-tier design sensibility also extends to all the weird KDE defaults -- like for example, that fucking bouncing mouse cursor, and their non-standard mouse cursor shapes. Fortunately, it's all replaceable, but still it's obvious that they need to fire all their GUI/design people and bring in a new generation of people who know how crucially important it is that the desktop not try to have a "personality", or try to have a "design identity" -- or any of that other shit that's obviously the result of the designer's hugely inflated sense of ego, or desperate desire to express his "artistic statement" to the world.

you felt the need to show me you're making money so much you forgot to answer
does it have loading suggestions from headers nigger

>I've never written more than 25 LoC
the post

>he cant code big apps in 25 LoC
pleb

>KDE shit-tier design sensibility
i used to think that, until plasma 5. it really got into its own. give it a try.

this isnt some hacked together emacs or vscode plugin, of course it does that.

will try then, thanks

Tiling WM + Two terminal windows. One with vim, the other with a shell

Why not just use emacs?

>im making money with kdevelop
kek

Because i'm not on KDE anymore, and don't ask me why

Why aren't you on KDE anymore, user?

because plasma 5 is a steaming pile of shit

Single-step debugging, which is basically all an IDE has that's new, is the one true sign of a lazy programmer. Write good code and printing to a log file is sufficient for debuggering

Is there a way to get a decent syntax highlighter for kdevelop?
The whole rainbow, everything gets a random color scheme is not that helpful to me,
Is there a way to get something more simple, so it is just different colors for private, public, local, global etc.

Right now, I get a different color for each variable and each namespace and it is just a mess. It is prettier than black and white but about as useful.
Is there a way to fix it?

>is the one true sign of a lazy programmer.

Care to elaborate?

Why would I use that instead of Qt Creator?

monkey debugging is equally lazy.

Sure. Single step encourages the idea that the immediate problem can be dealt with by, perhaps, an extra IF or Exception thrown just before the point it goes tits up when the better programmer will reconsider the design of the code being used. The better programmer may spend more time fixing one problem, but he'll spend less of his life fixing problems because his design was better in the first place

because last time the filesystem got corrupted and I switched to xfce.

Not only that my rig is shit and xfce is better in terms of resources but also i didn't knew how to fix the filesystem so yeah.. was just pissed off in the heat of the moment.

XFCE is just KDE but better anyway.

I am currently using KDevelop 3.5. I found ALL of the KDE 4 series of kdevelop (and KDE in general) horrible in regards to UI design, visual clutter, etc.

Is 5.1 finally an actual improvement? Note that I don't use any of the IDE functionality, just a solid text editor with syntax highlighting.

this

just installed kdevelop, no C support out of the box and the clang completer doesn't work
uninstalling

if you never make it past sub-100 line bash scripts

I'm considering leaving kdevelop because of it's poor support for D. The syntax highlighting file is outdated and Lumen doesn't want to work with it either (despite working in kate).
My IDE of choice for C/C++ though

Have you considered reading one of the three billion messages telling you to set the appropriate include directories?