Https wtf !?

Hey guys is that true ?

HTTPS Handshake:
Client : Generate 'client encrypt key' and 'client decrypt key'
Server : Generate 'server encrypt key' and 'server decrypt key'

Client --> Server : GET
Client Certificate authority Server : Send server domain name and 'server encrypt key'
Client Server : Encrypt 'client encrypt key' with 'server encrypt key' and send it
Client 'client decrypt key'
Server : Generate 'server encrypt key' -> 'server decrypt key'
Attacker : Generate 'atk server encrypt key' -> 'atk server decrypt key' and 'atk client encrypt key' -> 'atk client decrypt key'

Client --> Attacker : GET
Attacker --> Server : GET
Attacker Server : Decrypt 'client encrypt key' with 'atk server decrypt key', replace 'client encrypt key' by 'atk client encrypt key', reencrypt it with 'server encrypt key' then send it
Attacker

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Public_Key_Pinning
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i mean this is my own perspective of how the system work i know there is a lot more alteration during the process but is that possible ?

>Hey guys is that true ?
No. Protecting against man in the middle attacks are what the certificate system is for. It's an essential part of the protocol and missing in your attack example.

missing ? na it's a part of the attack ! The CA srv is also being spoofed and redirect into the attacker machine

SEE:
Client --> Attacker : Send server domain name and 'atk server encrypt key'
Client

That is not how certificates work. Go study the workings of certificates. Hint: no authority server is involved anywhere.

>CA srv is also being spoofed
To spoof CA you need to compromise client.

Oh any doc about that ? I was thinking it was just an other server sorry

Are you a wincuck?
Win+R -> certlm.msc

Remember that https does not encrypt the address/domainname.

As a sysadmin, I can clearly see what domains the people in my network look at. If the client is in your network, the client is fucked/can be fucked with. The only thing you do not see is the address-part after the domain/ip.

>certlm.msc
Error: Not found
on my W7

hmm yeah https does not encrypt anything before the ipv4 header (i guess)

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Public_Key_Pinning

certmgr.msc?

Point is, there are certs on your PC.

>developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Public_Key_Pinning
ye i also know about HSTS but that isn't the point bro

>certmgr.msc
Works!

Actually what happens if I delete all of them?
Certum CA, GlobalSign, SecureTrust, Thawte, VeriSign, whatever...
I really want to do this now, just for the lulz.

Do it faggot. Well, you can see what those certs do - it will be warnings on HTTPS sites and apps can't check their signature. Just be sure to grab a copy of cert updater from M$ site.

You can be fucked with but the worst thing you could do is SSLstrip.

nothing. it will just show a warning on every https site. its actually good because then you have to check the certificate every time and can see if its not real.

Well I did it and it did not happen that much. I guess I wished for more fun.

Anyways, I didn't make a backup. I don't care.

>Anyways, I didn't make a backup. I don't care.
AN ABSOLUTE MADMAN

It's not my fault reddit hijacked yet another meme.

It's easy to see that you're very young because you've jumped to drastic conclusions (i.e. that you found a good attack vector) very very quickly, before you really understood how certificate authorities work.

Read more, learn patience and you'll be alright. Good luck.

(If you're actually over 18, kys.)

true i'm 19 and na i didn't think that was an vuln, i just didn't understand where am i wrong coz i know ca spoofing isn't a thing...