I want to use a webcam to remotely monitor my washing machine and dryer so I know when my clothes are done

I want to use a webcam to remotely monitor my washing machine and dryer so I know when my clothes are done.

A normalfag would just skype call themselves, but I also do not want any traffic to go to some (((remote server)))
I've tried motion, but it doesn't appear to support sound. The same for cheese+VNC. So what would be the best software to accomplish this?

Both devices use GNU/Linux

Other urls found in this thread:

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/119364/how-can-i-mount-a-block-device-from-one-computer-to-another-via-the-network-as-a
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Room_coffee_pot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice tech-related picture OP.
Guaranteed replies

There's gotta be some free software equivalent to Skype, try googling for something like that. Also install Gentoo.

Is Tox any good these days? I completely forgot about it

No idea, I don't use stuff like that.

You might want to use network block device.

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/119364/how-can-i-mount-a-block-device-from-one-computer-to-another-via-the-network-as-a

>setting up a webcam to see if the washer and dryer are done
>not just setting a timer on your phone

Basically just buy a cheap webcam and use vlc to record the stream.

i have one of these at the front door so i can see if someone is at the door when i'm in the back room (can't hear the doorbell back there).

Sometimes the washing machine starts to violently shake if any of the clothes get tangled with the agitator.

I'm honestly more concerned about that than forgetting my laundry

I would suggest one of these OP.

Find a wire on your machine that changes voltage levels when its done, use raspberry pi to detect that change, and have it a send a notification to you phone. The easy way is the worst way.

There's a Linux package called motion. It will stream your web cam via http and you can view it live in your browser. It also does motion detection and can record on detection.

You do image analysis on it and detect when the knob gets turned to start the washer, then detect when it reaches the end and then send you a text.

>posting still images

You are committing crimes against humanity here, get with the fucking program

Use a fucking timer

It's not like laundry machines use microwave time, those numbers on the front are minutes

Pleabian
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Room_coffee_pot

thanks user-kun

>Microwave time
Every time

Get IP Webcam for android, and use a web server on your network to forward it out.
Or just port forward the phone itself.

Does it do sound though? I tried setting it up and it doesn't appear to support sound

Most of my Lia webms have sound

OP do what this user said

Saved

wtf why doesn't she have an instagram

i guess it got hacked. she had one before. she mostly spams snapchat and twitter anyways

nvm she just had a name change

what's the new name?

Film as usual and then just put the videofile on a USB stick and transfer it to your computer

Why overcomplicate shit with skype wtf

@lia

(OP)
>white girl

what