Whatever happened to the low end video cards? Haven't seen any gt or r7 cards on the market in a while...

Whatever happened to the low end video cards? Haven't seen any gt or r7 cards on the market in a while, latest being gt7xx, rebranded gt6xx, or rebranded HD 7xxx and 6xxx series.

Did integrated graphics kill off the low end video card market? What if I need more ports, am I forced to use those outdated cards still floating around on the market?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 4025 4093
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because rebrands are rebrands? Might as well just get the older ones

But why did development stop? My friend runs a small pc store and his best selling cards were gt610 and r7 260x until he ran out of stock.

He's not stocking any more gt cards because they're too old. His lowest card is 1050 ti and most of his customers don't want that.

Feels bad. I've got one of these for my memepad and I was really hoping to see something better than the R7 240 for it with the new generation. But even the smallest new cards have dual slot brackets and fatass heatsinks.

No one needs them anymore

What about a GT 730?

Isn't that a rebadged 640?

>I've got one of these for my memepad

>Only 1x speed, but 16x graphics cards will work. Speeds of the interface will be between PCI and AGP bus speeds

what's the point? bragging rights?

Integrard graphics probably. But the demand for higher requirements (quick jump from 1080p, 1440p to 4K) for games these days. Back in early-mid 2000s I could buy low-end GPU and run a game without any problem.

>Back in early-mid 2000s I could buy low-end GPU and run a game without any problem.

first time I've experienced this was when I bought a GT430 when it came out only to find out it was absolute dogshit and in some games slower then my older 2600XT

They grew irrelevant when AMD released APUs.

Yeah, it's ridiculous.
There are lots of older and not PCs that don't have integrated graphics or need more outputs...

There are also no low end video cards with both DP and HDMI, for example.
You can get a dual DP for $50 (basically a 5450 rebrand!), but that's literal garbage tier in terms of performance, it won't even decode high bitrate H.264 properly.

iGPUs killed that market. Intel HD 630 crushes a GT 730. I imagine Ryzen APUs will be decent as well.

From what shithole country are you that you cannot even afford a decent graphics card?

Any pc sold now has integrated graphics with more than one port. You get a card with dvi/hdmi/vga for 80 bucks. So what?

moar?

I can get a second hand gayman video card for cheap, but fuck that.
I want a fanless card with low power consumption that has modern outputs. They used to make those, but they don't anymore.
Also, fuck VGA and fuck DVI.

Why can't they cut down a 1050 and sell it as a 1040? I'd buy the fuck out of that.

united states :^)

friend of mine recently bought a graphics card from the US (other side of the world) because it was cheaper than getting it locally

The performance requirements for a high end card are always rising, so new cards are coming out all the time. The performance requirements for a low end cards haven't changed in years, so there's no point designing hardware with new features nobody will use.

Integrated GPU's are good enough and most mobos have HDMI ports by default. There's no reason to buy a 730 or whatever for an HDMI port now since everything has one.

>tfw no big girl for me

>tfw 6'2" and impossible to find girl bigger than me

>tfw impossible to find a girl

What's your issue with DVI?

I did that too. I'm so paranoid about warranty though, I spent 400 local dollars on it.

no sound

so? it's for displays, not speakers

some displays have speakers

a new small card would be nice. i have no use for those 1000€ cards that take 2 or more pci slots and have huge heatsinks.

You can buy single-profile RX 460's.

Let's talk more about the WebM you posted instead of your shitty topic.

if she picked me up like that, i'd wrap myself arond her like the face hugger from Alien if you know what i mean.

Why on earth would you want to use them?

when she picked that dude up it looks like he layed a hat

>Why can't they cut down a 1050

It's called a 950, since a 1050 is just a more efficient 960. That or nab the thin RX 460s or nab a 750ti.

shit speakers > no speakers
shit speakers > ugly clutter on the desk

leave your basement once in a while and you'll see that people have different priorities

"she"

>rather having shitty sound than having a pair of speakers on your desk
It's time to pull the trigger, user.

Why would they not want a better card for the same price? There are plenty of cheap little trash cards out there if you only want more ports of desktop use, or whatever.

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 4025 4093

Yes it does.

It's wrong to say that DVI can't be used to support audio. But it's also wrong to say that standard DVI supports audio.

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface :

"Some DVI-D sources use non-standard extensions to output HDMI signals including audio (e.g. ATI 3000-series and NVIDIA GTX 200-series).[9] Some multimedia displays use a DVI to HDMI adapter to input the HDMI signal with audio. Exact capabilities vary by video card specifications."

I play csgo and overwatch and play both very well on integrated graphics (6700k HD530). Also old games like AoE2/crusader/etc/ It's pretty decent for what it is actually. Eyeing a 480 for simulation work though.

>same price

Show me where I can get a 1050 for $50 please so I can buy one right now.

Why would you even buy a video card purely for ports? Even a Pentium+ decent mobo can sate some.

It's easier to work with 2x nvidia cards as opposed to Intel+nvidia.

>1050
>purely for ports
>implying

I'm not even talking about that, it's just that modern iGPUs shit on anything weaker than a 750 or so. GPUs have outpaced CPUs as far as pure power goes, why is anyone suprised people stopped making cut downs at 460/1050?

>Every motherboard, even cheap garbage, comes with an HDMI port nowadays, along with a DVI port in case you want multi-monitor
>hurr why can't I spend $50 on something that's unnecessary and has horrible price to performance?
Low end video cards are dead because they're pointless, I don't understand why people on Sup Forums would ever buy one. The only case I can think of is something with no iGPU like Xeon where you might want just a console display, but in that case an older card like a 730 would still work fine. There's no incentive for Nvidia or AMD to produce new cards based on newer architecture.

You're both missing the point. I want to know where I can get a 1050 for $50.

Fucking nowhere since it's as strong as a $200 card from last gen. It's going to hover around $120 until Volta shows up.

Then it's not

>for the same price

is it?

I wasn't the user that dropped the link.

Like said, most iGPUs outpace most of those older cards and are obsolete. You are not getting much cheaper unless someone is clearing a garage or something.

I know these feels