I just got a new monitor (ASUS VG248QE). I want scientific proof that it is running at 144hz while playing video games...

I just got a new monitor (ASUS VG248QE). I want scientific proof that it is running at 144hz while playing video games. I've seen youtube videos where people are running benchmarks of video cards. They have some kind of overlay of lots of different data points in the top left corner, including monitor refresh rate. What program is that? Can you recommend such a program to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A__mBfZfu94
testufo.com/#test=framerates-marquee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally Google screen hertz test

Also CAMfps

congrats on falling for the meme

if you need a scientific test to even tell that you're running above 60hz then you have wasted your money

go sell that GAYMURR trash and buy yourself an ultrawide monitor like a sensible person.

I'm looking for something like whatever is the program that is displaying the green text in the top left corner. youtube.com/watch?v=A__mBfZfu94

Is there something like that program that also displays the current refresh rate?

Set screen to 60HZ
Wiggle mouse courser

Set to 144hz
Wiggle mouse

Congratulations
You now see the difference between the 2

This.

OP probably has it set to 60hz like a retard.

its called msi afterburner and rivatuna statistics server

Checked.

Pretty sure turning on Vsync with a overlay would tell you what it was set at

>144Hz
Use it at 120 Hz with backlight strobing faggot
Google Strobelight and enjoy CRT like motion clarity and next to no motion blur.
It's infinitely superior to 144Hz no strobing

this
21:9 is the best meme ever mang. I like it more than my old 16:10

It's like having two square screens without a bezel.

>flicker

no thanks.

The human eye cant see beyond 10:9

seconed

MSI afterburner is the gold standard monitoring and fps limiter tool and frankly it's embarrassing that you don't know what it is. The fact that you can't immediately tell the difference between 60/144 is troubling though.

also
testufo.com/#test=framerates-marquee

>flicker
Imperceptible at 120 Hz.

>The human eye cant see beyond 3.5GB

this adds input lag so it's not without its faults

Wow nice website thanks user

>frames intensifies

Everything looks washed out and bright too. I tried ULMB for a bit but didn't notice any difference compared to just running at 144 Hz with it off. I seriously don't notice ghosting on this panel at refresh rates that high.

Quality certainly goes to shit although you can mitigate it a little with a color profile. That's why I also have a calibrated Dell U2414H IPS monitor next to it for my photo retouching needs.
I can tolerate the shit colors in game if it nets me that motion clarity.

Hey cool website. Any other shit I need to do to 'set-up' my mg279q? I don't understand the color calibration meme, looks fine to me. What else should one 'do' to get the most out of a new screen senpais?

I think you have to manually adjust the thing for 144hz through monitor buttons, and check to make sure nvidia control panel stuff shows 144hz as well.

you can immediately tell a difference when moving your mouse cursor.

also the color/brightness settings need adjustment, the presets on there suck hard.