Why isn't Solus installed on your computer?

Why isn't Solus installed on your computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

asksolus.com/
youtu.be/4DgbUBoxa48
reddit.com/user/kevinarefunny
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have it installed on mine

Kevin you left for about 4 months right? What made you come back? I personally enjoy your flavor of autism, keep it up.

no go away

no gaymes

GF and I broke up about two weeks ago. I have more free time now.

She was a slut anyways Kev. Solus is your GF now.

I'm currently talking with this one girl but I'm not too interested in her anymore so now I'm branching out and talking with other girls, but yeah, Solus is my GF for now.

>no xfce
>no clementine
>no knowledgeable community
>community members that open invalid tickets because they are too dumb to install ffmpegthumbnailer, wasting the devs already limited time.

I think I'll pass kevin.

Because I use Gentoo

no x86 support

>XFCE
Why would anyone want that piece of shit?

Because it's the best DE out there, and definitely better than Buggie.

Also

>no cinnamon

How will kevin ever recover?

Why should i switch to it from xubuntu?

no 128bit support

I already have Fedora installed. Otherwise I probably would.

>no xfce
Lol. It's last release was 4.12 which was February 28, 2015.

>no clementine
Clementine relies on QtWebkit for Qt4 and does not support Qt5. QtWebkit is deprecated in Qt4 and no longer supported. Solus has the newest Qt (in fact, Budgie 11 is based on Qt and will be released Q2 of 2017), so until the Clementine devs update to Qt5 (they say April), Solus won't have it, but it will have it once Clementine is Qt5.

>no knowledgeable community
All Linux communities have this. There are many members in the community that help out the people who don't really know much.

>community members that open invalid tickets because they are too dumb to install ffmpegthumbnailer, wasting the devs already limited time
This isn't really an issue anymore.

asksolus.com/

Please check my reply! :)

It's faster and has active desktop development.

>xfce is old hurrdurr
Not a valid argument. XFCE is superior to buggie in every way.

>Solus won't have it, but it will
That's nice, still no xfce though, or cinnamon.

>All sizable Linux communities have this
Solus does not. Empty forums, most issues remain unresolved and that's if they even get a reply at all.

>This isn't really an issue anymore.
It is as long as you're using Solus kev my boy.

Do you like XFCE? Do you like having lots of software available? If you answered yes to either, you shouldn't switch.

>not a valid argument.
Yes it is, Budgie has active development.

>XFCE is superior to Budgie in every way
How?

>That's nice
So I answered your question then and you're content with that

>still no xfce though, or cinnamon
True, but if there's a MATE version, I'm sure there'll be an XFCE and Cinnamon version, and probably a GNOME and KDE version too.

>Solus does not
asksolus.com/

And your last thing isn't even an argument.

>itt autism
oh cmon...

I tried budgie. What's the point? Why do we need yet another win-98 model DE? It's neither technically novel nor novel with UX nor lightweight nor ...

If the answer is "just for fun" then I can accept that happily but it seems deeper than that.

Bloated.

>Yes it is, Budgie has active development.
Still not an argument. It doesn't matter if a piece of shit is actively being shat out, it's still a piece of shit.

>How?
More plugins, better customization, quicker, literally everything buggie tries, xfce does better.

>So I answered your question then and you're content with that
Lol, sure, does that upset you? All this 'b-but in t-the future..' talk is nice and all, but it doesn't help me now.

>I'm sure
Sorry kevin, but you're the guy that opened an invalid ticket because you were too dense to install ffmpegthumbnailer, I don't exactly trust your judgment, I'm sure you understand. Also, future talk is meaningless now.

>asksolus.com/
4 pages of unanswered questions, let's not even focus on unsolved, these are not even answered, dating back to November 2016!! You're proving my point lad.

>XFCE
>The best
u havin a giggle m8

What's the point of maintaining your own linux distro, if all you wanted was a nice dekstop theme? Could you not have created a nice theme for Ubuntu or Fedora?

Prove me wrong, you can't.

>Still not an argument. It doesn't matter if a piece of shit is actively being shat out, it's still a piece of shit.
Surely you mean XFECES, right? Budgie is the best Linux DE available right now, Seconded by MATE.

>Budgie is the best Linux DE available right now, Seconded by MATE.
Haha, ohh dear kevin, you simple shill.

The default DE does not have an equivalent to krunner

I only use SIMS at work and I don't need it on my machine.

Because I already have windows 7 installed on it.

Because it's built from the ground up.

Solus with budgie desktop looks great, uses little resources, and performs really well even on weaker hardware.

350MB ram on boot, 4 seconds boot time for my laptop.

I've got it running on an Intel atom d2550 at home too and it works really well.

Why would I use a unfinished OS? I'm not impatient, so waiting won't be a problem.

Are you the real dev? I'm gonna try solus soon. It sounds great.

No I'm just a fan who genuinely really enjoys Solus, and you should try it out soon, and it is really great :)

Tbh I would say it is basically finished, it's just they keep making it better. It's official first release was at the end of 2015.

Post the pic you were working on pls

>my name is not kevin
>I'm not a cunt

nice thread Kevin

That's not me.

>meme neckbeard distro #218735198235

What pic?

>greentext

And it's not a meme, nor is it a neckbeard distro.

yes it is faggot go away

How is it then? Tell me how it's a meme neckbeard distro without giving any non answers.

Tell me how it's not a meme neckbeard distro without giving any non answers.

youtu.be/4DgbUBoxa48

>the burden of proof is on you to explain why you don't use some shitty linux distribution that I duct taped together in my spare time which btw I promise it's better than other meanie distros that have 10+ years of polishing, auditing, and testing.

Because it uses systemd.

kek very convincing 'evidence' lad

because it's shit

Why should it?

osht kevin
daily reminder the official solus irc channel is irc.rizon.net #solus

You're the one telling me it is one, so if you don't have anything to prove that then it's not and you're just spreading fake news.

Which is weird because MATE is the worst DE.

Retard

Hi Kevin pls reply to me it would make me really happy, ty

Hi :)

For what reason should I install it over Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, and Arch?

Because it's worth trying at least and seeing if you like it or not. If you don't like it then don't use it, I'm not forcing you to use it. All feedback is appreciated (unless fake) why you like it or not. :)

There's no reason to even bother, I'm content with Gentoo.

Also, is this you? reddit.com/user/kevinarefunny

Because my name isn't Kevin, which is a synonym for being retarded in europe (not even kidding)

If you're content with Gentoo then it's fine. I'm recommending it to people who aren't content with their current distro and want something else or have the urge to try something else and land on what's best for them. I agree Solus isn't for everyone, especially with so many choices, but it definitely has it's place, especially as the desktop distro. Also, big if true.

Solus GNU/Linux is a botnet and Kevin spies on you

not an argument

Thank you

Fuck off Bill

Kevin if you're still here shilling solus, can you please help me get fprint on solus? Do I have to build it from source?

My name's Frank, not Bill

>Rolling release
>Budgie is being rewritten in Qt, chance of breakage
>Potential driver support issues

My name's Frank, not Bill

Because I have a tiling window manager and don't need to search for my windows.

I'm sorry, this is totally unrelated but I have to ask, any tips on creating art like that? I was trying to do something similar (I've never done anything like it) but can't get the hang of it. Any resources?

It looks gorgeous.

macOS already does this

Right now, trying to build fprintd for eopkg is outside of my packaging skill range, but you can either build it from source or request it from the Solus devs. I just spent a good chunk of time trying to package it, but I'm still new to this stuff and that's a pretty complex package.

You can start with drawing over an image. I was autistic and made this awhile ago, but once you start, you can kind of start to free hand it and it just kind of falls into place, or just draw over it but add your own flair to it.

>pic related, it's the first image I've ever drawn over, please ignore the autism.

Also here's the original the thing in krita, then my next reply will be the 4k version.

Also, building some of the other packages needed for fprintd is outside of my skill range, but some required deps are already in the solus repos.

Here's the 4k version

kevin werent you recommanding ubuntu for a while?

Unity 8, and it was a joke. Solus isn't a joke.

lol yes he was, and he failed to install gentoo too

I'm waiting for the Qt rewrite and will install budgie then. I hope that will make the theme situation for Qt programs better.

No, I faked my Gentoo screenfetches when I ran Ubuntu earlier last year. I also compiled my own kernels though for a short period of time

I hope so too, and I'm excited for the Budgie 11 Qt rewrite.

Samefag

Exactly, you failed to install it, so you faked your screenfetch with an alias.

Then user found your profiles and you've been a running gag ever since.

I'm kind of interested if it will end up with kwin or if it will have its own compositor. I think kwin is the only compositor/wm Qt has, so some competition is welcome.

I never tried to install it, and I don't plan on installing it. I only did it because people would ask "Unity on Gentoo???"

And I am NOT a running gag !!

>it definitely has it's place
Not really, it doesn't specialize in anything like OpenElec etc do. It doesn't do anything particularly well either... It tries to be the 'jus werks' desktop, but does it so much worse than Ubuntu or even Mint. There is literally no reason for this to exist other than some hobby project.

Lol you got me.

>And I am NOT a running gag !!

yeah ok kevin

Kevin I want to fuck you with Solus

I'm pretty sure it will have it's own compositor. I agree that some competition is welcome. It's also going to be Wayland.

For what purpose does someone shill free and open source software

sage
sage
sage
sage
sage

>Gf
Do you realize where you are?