Why aren't you using this Sup Forums?

Why aren't you using this Sup Forums?
>muh flac
It supports lossless audio now. Are you just poor?

Other urls found in this thread:

abx.digitalfeed.net/
neowin.net/forum/topic/1313706-spotify-destroys-ssds-with-data-thrashing-bug/
download25.com/install/picturerelate.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But i am

>Are you just poor
Well, yes. Is that supposed to be insufficient reason for not using it?

It's still just easier to pirate shit

I actually use it because I'm too lazy to pirate

Go away shillfag

I can't be bothered to have another online account and having to add ANOTHER company to a list that is keeping track of another facet of my daily life

>paying money for music

no

I just prefer to have the files.
Spotify does have a very good selection of music from my home country, though - being a small country, pirating can be a bit hard since not everything gets uploaded. So it can be tempting.

But eh, 10 euros saved a month, I can buy 8-15 CD:s or digital releases a year w/ that, or a bunch of vinyl if I want cooler items. That should cover every truly good or rare release of a given year. And yes, I do actually buy music, and I also go to local shows at least monthly, so I'm doing my job supporting the music.

this
I used to pirate but then you need to go download every album or whatever. Now just look up the artist, album, number or whatever and add it.

just subscribe with 10minutemail and then remember your account name

>muh flac
>It supports lossless audio now
abx.digitalfeed.net/

>unlimited song downloads
>sorry, you can't download anymore songs you've reached your limit

I work in a noise environment. I dont want music.

Funny that OP says if you don't have Spotify you are poor but when I look at 95% of the Artist's profiles most music is heard from
NEW MEXICO.
What a fucking joke OP.

I would say no but it kind of is since it's 5 shekels monthly if you're a student. Literally the price of like a sandwich

I do, the best is that you can use the browser version and adblocker catches the ads.

The bad:
- It keeps recommending me the same songs that I've "disliked" a few times
- The selection of music in the genres I listen to (low-fi techno, deep house) seems fairly limited or I'm just a pleb, idk

The good:
- Sharing a family account with 5 other people, it's cheap
- Sound quality is good
- Client is reasonably ok and not that laggy

I'd rather use online radio streams and not some "catered to you" bullshit. If I wanted to hear a specific song I'd just download it or request it on a stream.

>pff if I wanted to hear a song I'd much rather go through some garbage mp3 sites for the download or listen to songs that are similar to it but not really on a radio stream rather than just listening to it on spotify

because the web version is awful and the desktop client is a buggy mess

>not already having songx that you want to hear on your local machine
what kind of pleb are you that you don't hoard music?

Save yourself some money, just go to radio.garden and listen to the entire planet, OP.

Because I'm using picrel (with downloader). Streams are 320kbps mp3 for free, can fetch albums in an instant for offline listening.

Just like spotify, the official client is garbage, but at least they don't actively cockblock alternative clients from their api.

Protip : no ads play on the web player when using an adblock.

It uses too much data. Im not connected to WiFi 24/7 so having music on my phone is much better when out.

Tf is that?

I use SoundCloud for my lofi and more obscure stuff that's now on Spotify

It uses so little data though....I always switch to my data when I stream music from it and it always comes out to less than a quarter gb per month, and I'm a heavy user at that too.

deezer

sc (and bandcamp) is fine for hipster stuff, but it gets old eventually.

Annoyingly, sc niggers who manage to push their shit onto spotify/bandcamp tend to baleet their sc, in order to drive sales.

Idk man it just chews through mine. I get 1.5 gig a month.

They don't have OST from games, I'm poor and I don't know anything about music nowadays.

No, you're not a pleb. While I love Spotify, the radio is crap. It really does have a terrible habit of constantly replaying music you've 'disiked'.

Damn. Could be your provider possibly. Some list your usage as higher than it is. I don't have this but my friends have T-Mobile and them as well some other providers don't count music streaming as part of your usage so that's pretty awesome. But try turning off high quality when you're on data it might help

>But eh, 10 euros saved a month, I can buy 8-15 CD:s or digital releases a year w/ that, or a bunch of vinyl if I want cooler items. That should cover every truly good or rare release of a given year. And yes, I do actually buy music, and I also go to local shows at least monthly, so I'm doing my job supporting the music.

I understand that if you're really into music it's probably not the best choice.

But I'm a pleb and I have 1 or maybe 2 songs per artist in my spotify because I just like to listen to songs that sound good and mostly only 1 or 2 songs in an album are good the rest is pretty boring

Does sub 320kbps sound any different?
I live in Australia, the telecom companies over here are fucking dirty Jews.

Even 128k is ok if you're used to mp3 "sizzly" sound. 128k AAC is transparent for most people, unless you're trained sound engineer.

FLAC and 320kbps is a meme, but if you're not concerned about bandwidth, why not.

>It keeps recommending me the same songs that I've "disliked" a few times
kek, it still does that? that's the reason i went to gplay music ages ago

I doesn't have even a 1/3 of the music I listen to. iTunes probably comes closer to a 3/4 but fuck Apple products honestly and I don't even know if you can buy Japanese albums outside Japan because of licensing bullshit. For £10 a month I could buy 2 CD albums with worn cases off Discogs a month

>similar to it but not really
There are genre specific streams that I listen to so false.. Either way I'm not a a music junkie who gets off on a specific song.

I have groove instead

>j-pop weebshit

Still, you need nip appleid for that.

>Why aren't you using this Sup Forums?
Apple Music has 2x more song and gets albums months ahead of Spotify. Also, iTunes is a muhc better player. Spotify player's a javascript piece of shit that's so bad it even destroys disks.

neowin.net/forum/topic/1313706-spotify-destroys-ssds-with-data-thrashing-bug/

TOPKEK!

Both itunes and spotify clients are insufferable garbage. I'd sign up for either botnet long ago, if it weren't for their useless piece of shit player software.

apple music uses way less RAM and resources. it's not even close. Spotify's just a webview.

Why guys like you make me laugh so much? I feel like a newbie.

this, and the cracked ad free app

desu ever since I started using Spotify I stopped mass downloading music. Long gone are the days where I would download a band's entire catalog including obscure b-sides and bonus tracks that aren't even on youtube

Now I download individual songs I like via an app in my smartphone or a youtube converter

>apple music uses way less RAM and resources

Presumably you're macfag where iTunes work fine. Believe it or not, on windows, iTunes is so bad it triumphs even spotify. High CPU usage, lagged UI and random crashes. I have no idea what apple did there, presumably try to coax winfags to buy apple pcs?

Because all of my music is stored locally as 192 vbr opus files.

no, I use windows. no issues whatsoever. lean as fuck. spotify is a mem hog and destroys SSDs. no thanks.

and music selection is much better. they have tons of exclusives.

spotify's a joke.

I do

-legal
-very convenient
-On a lot of platforms
-legal
-Large selection
-legal
-$5 for students

Hard for me to pass this up as a casual listener

>A reader pointed out anyone with a large playlist can go over the 60 TB limit easily in just 4 days for those who have over 1,000 songs stored
I've had Spotify for about 14 months on this SSD and its TBW only grey about 5 TB in the past year while using Spotify daily, sometimes for several hours a day

So yeah sorry for those people but it works on my machine

>but it works on my machine
bullshit. you're just too stupid to check.

also, are you saying that Spotify doesn't know their own product?

>A Spotify spokesperson gave TrustedReviews the following statement: “We’ve seen some questions in our community around the amount of written data using the Spotify client on desktop. These have been reviewed and any potential concerns have now been addressed in version 1.0.42, currently rolling out to all users."

>Can't use it on my ipod

It doesn't have most of the shit I listen to, it burns through battery, and it wastes data.
What are the reasons for using it?

Why pay to stream music when I can download all my shit?

>why
What.cd gone and no other source for generic music other than ripping it from stream botnets.

AB should have all the music you want :^]

Two reasons: botnet and I don't give a fuck about quality that much. YouTube can serve me for all I care, even though I prefer downloading FLAC then converting it to Opus.

>What.cd gone and no other source for generic music other than ripping it from stream botnets.
only if you're retarded.

1) use yandex.com as your primary search engine because they don't take down anything

2) type in: " itunes plus m4a"
or " rar"
and look for links. many are direct links.

I can find 95% of shit I'm looking for this way.

fuck torrents.

fuck botnets

fuck paying those hollyjews for music.

>you're just too stupid to check.
I might not be the brightest guy on Earth but I think I'm at least smart enough to check Samsung Magician and reach the conclusion that Spotify isn't writing terabytes of data to my drive every day, not now and not four months ago when these reports surfaced.

You're right that AB is fine to fullfil my .. yellow needs. Still lacks a lot in terms the nip VGM department.

ms paint comics are always right

retard, are you saying that SPOTIFY PR is lying? if it wasn't a problem, why the fuck would they ADMIT it and RELEASE A SUPPOSED FIX?

god damn fanboy shitheads.

I said it from the beginning user, "works on my machine". I don't know why my SSD wasn't destroyed by Spotify during the time when other SSDs were being destroyed, all I can say is it was ans is fine on my end,

Well, I would sign for it if they had an Android app that actually works.

There's 2 new music trackers with tons of music which I'm sure you already know about them just pick one of them

>not using free version with blocked ads in hosts file
I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be smart?

I use the cracked android version for free, but only because i am too lazy to download all the music. I usually prefer the files because i can choose what player i use and the Spotify player is shit.

Picked both. For new releases those work great, but It's still obviously far cry from wcd in terms of "generic catalog".

can you do that with people that don't live together? I've been wondering for a while

I like to own the things i use.

free version has shit quality mr. poorfag

>free version
128kbps low-pass filtered garbage

kek'd.

you either have shit hearing or shit headphones, mr Poojeet.

Use free and paid tier get the same files (+its possible to save albums offline).

The only reason to pay for spotify is the occasional exclusives on there which can't be found elsewhere.

>implying you can own certain combinations of 1s and 0s

Not to mention this is renting, not a sale.

WTF are you talking about. Spotify is free. And you can skip the ads

I miss grooveshark

what's the state of spotify on linux?
do you have to use the shitty web app?

Luckily i ripped all my playlists before it shut down. That site was fantastic.

>spotify is the occasional exclusives on there which can't be found elsewhere.

you mean they are starting to act like a publisher for new artists?

I pay for it and only use it 3-4 times a month.

>deezer
>picrel?

could you link? is that name correct?
i cant find this "picrel", related to software, dezer, or any other keyword

download25.com/install/picturerelate.html

stealing is free

>not tithing the thieves guild
watch your back user, watch your back

it has a nice collection of classical IMO

discover new composers with the daily mix feature

5? huh

Picrel is shitposter slang for "pic related"

kek

>absolutely rapes hard discs by doing a ton of random read/write for no fucking reason at all and they don't know why it does this

yeah super good program

Search for "deezer music", I think it's aimed at the German market, never heard it anywhere else

>paying when you can just block the ads

>use spotify web app
>with adblocker

Fortunately I'm a complete pleb when it comes to audio so I notice no compression or anything.

I pay for it, but I really hate the client. I wish it would be possible to extract the files.

cool, now you just forgot to mentions what music rental service this is

Not him but did you see the OP?

It simply lacks weeaboo music.

>I thought Sup Forums was supposed to be smart?

>associating with other thieves
this is why you join the fighter's guild and work with like-muscled and like-minded men