Why aren't you using Trisquel GNU/linux

Whats you excuse?

I am using Windows 10 with ooshutup10. Productivity and privacy at the same OS, whats not to love?

Gentoo exists. Easy installation, friendly package manager, flexibility.

>Windows 10
>has privacy ever

Gentoo includes installation recipes for a number of nonfree programs in its primary package system.

>Gentoo
>Easy installation
wat

But I do use Trisquel on both of my PC:s...

It is really good, frankly. As long as your hardware can be used without proprietary crap, it is as easy as any *buntu, yet it is 100% free.

It just feels good to be in freedom while also having a lot of convenience.

Because Parabola GNU/Linux-libre exists

Only good answer so far.

But you are FREE not to install them

Intel Wifi doesn't work on my T420

>Systemdicks

True but why should your software recommend you take away your own freedom?

Get a new wifi card.

>le systemd conspiracy

Doesn't Trisquel use SystemD as well?

I think they decided to stick with the original sysv for the time being.

what are you retarded or something?

Why should someone else make that decision for you? Are you not capable of doing so yourself?

It's a mess. My Bluetooth dongle has a range of 10 meters when using Windows but only about one meter using Linux (same machine).

I can go to the kitchen or even bathroom (so long as I don't close the door) with my headphones on using Windows but BlueZ/Pulseaudio loses connection (or, quite often, just crashes completely) if I lean back in my chair too far.

You can install non-free stuff on any distro but the distro shouldn't recommend it.

paj33t

linux-libre doesn't play nice with my hardware... If there's a list of compatible hardware (other than le thinkpad meme) I might consider it.

I don't find this relevant at all. It is relevant for normies, which barely use Ubuntu.
Anybody using FSF approved distros already has enough experience to differentiate free and nonfree software.

I'm making the decision already while picking the distro to use.

Yeah, but the FSF list is made with everyone (including normies) in mind. They used Debian on their servers at some point at least, despite not being able to recommend it - it doesn't matter if they nonetheless run it without anything proprietary. The FSF folks basically agree with you.

Some people still want to pick a distro that is explicit on never recommending or helping the user install non-free parts. Maybe, if they want to participate in the community, they want to participate in a very freedom-loving one, or something else.

>"YOU MUST DO EXACTLY WHAT I TELL YOU TO DO OR ELSE YOU ARE NOT FREE"
brainlet detected

It's more like "Hey buddy, you stopped smoking. I will be a true friend and never give you lighter or a cig. You are still free to be idiot and smoke at home".
You can still install nonfree packages, but distro doesn't support your decision. In Parabola you would have to remove your-freedom package for example.

Yeah, again because you're a mentally weak brainlet who can't stop smoking on your own.

This is my post . I used Arch but realised it's better to be 100% secure.
I can still install packages from AUR via pacman -U with licensing in mind.
So yeah, I could do just fine with regular Arch but it's better to be 100% secure.

>free software stuff
>"lmao weakling do it on ur own"
Its all about the community, friend. Helping the neighbor and that stuff.

>100% secure
What about the hardware backdoors? What about your Internet connection?

Hardware backdoors are real issue, that's why libre hardware matters as well.
As for internet connection, you can limit it greatly but it's not much of a threat in a first place.