Follow up on yesterday

After replacing my Asus b350 prime with a Msi b350 tomahawk my cine bench score has gone up and I can actually control the voltage.

>Dont buy Asus b350 boards
>They pump 1.5v+ into your cpu when ever they want
>Cant overclock
>unstable as shit
>false temperature readings

>sample size: 1

>Sup Forums: BUY THE TOMAHAWK IT HAS A 5GHZ ON AIR BUTTON WORKS 98.9999% OF THE TIME AMD OR INTEL DONT FORGET TO READ LOGICAL INCREMENTS GUYS

I've got the exact same board and had the same problems, aside from the fixed 1.55v vcore.
Literally none of the overclocking features in the BIOS work. Neither relevant BIOS update fix it at all.
The ASUS Prime B350 Plus is utterly broken.

Only reason why I still have mine is that the system is stable at stock.

Will order my Ryzen rig tomorrow, so is it established that MSI and Gigabyte are safe bets?

It's ASrock = MSI > Gigabyte (fucked up XMP profiles) > ANUS (holy shit these mobos are absolute garbo what the fuck were they thinking).

>ASUS

Gee I think I found your problem

Still can't believe Asrock and MSI are the brands to go nowadays, specially when it comes to mobos. ASUS really fucked up this time.

known fact.

even the rog is only "ok" from asus, but it's getting updates.

>They pump 1.5v+ into your cpu when ever they want
lol I thought this was only an x99 problem
>be me
>have 5960x and asus mobo
>update bios
>restart
>open browser
>suddenly PC shuts down
>wut
>check temps
>90C
>voltage locked at 1.5v
fuck asus, never buying their shit ever again

ASUS fucked up badly on AM4. Really glad I made the option select to the MSI Tomahawk before clicking checkout.

>BUYING
>ASUS
>PRODUCTS

G-rekt was shit.

>still no Taichi in stock
How long must I wait?

Forever, assrock fucked something up on taichi production line.

>sample size: 2

Serves you shits right for not even what Mosfets, controllers and phases are.

source me m8

What's the best B350 board atm Sup Forums? Do any of them have proper IOMMU support?

>Buying an 8350 now

>MFW read that as 8350
Fuck me.
The trend for B350 seems to be
ASrock >= MSI (tomahawk) > Gigabyte > literal shit > ASSUS

Using that Asus Prime b350m board, so far:

>bios 0405
-random crashes
-bios updater hanged when it tried to read the usb stick. Managed to get the update to finally work with the third usb stick tried (128mb usb1) after unpluging all the hard drives.

>bios 0502
-automatic volts were 1.45-1.5v, idle temps went up from 40c -> 60c in bios
-"downvolted" to 1.25v and upped the clocks to 3.8ghz, haven't tried anything higher yet
-the fan headers should have control options for auto/pwm/dc/off, but with this new bios the cpu fan only has pwm or off and as I have dc fan its now blasting full speed with no control
-The board detected and applied the xmp of the memories correctly but didn't boot. Dropping the speed from 3200->2933 did the trick, but the bios just flat out refuses to accept some timing changes and most settings tried were not stable. Now at those non ideal 3200 timings.

Only reason I got this board is Anus is only manufacturer that has managed to get their shit into this god forsaken country and the expected delivery times for any other matx board was 1-2 months.
/blog

I had similar issues with DRAM settings on mine. Setting a known good speed resulted in the system entering a boot loop. Could only remedy it by taking out the CMOS battery. The supplied XMP profile didn't work, the auto OC settings didn't work. It took quite a bit of work to get the memory to run at the settings it should be running at.

When will we get matx x370 boards?

I think BIOSTAR already showed off an X370 mITX board.

Thinking about the Tomahawk myself. When will the XMP fixes come out? Need me a budget workstation.

I'm not sure why Sup Forums shill Asus and shit on MSI, every MSI product i've owned has been fine, while Asus has been very hit and miss with QC

Could be just the lower end stuff, I've had both higher end stuff like the msi 990fxa gaming and a asus z270g and haven't had problems with eithers performance (mostly overclocking).

But Asus do have problems with their higher end stuff on am4

mine only boot looped ~5 times and then went into fail safe mode that reset the oc/ram settings so that was nice

x370 is a joke that doesn't offer anything other than higher price tag.

had an msi board for my 2500, tried to flash the bios using a utility provided by them. Did it a couple weeks ago.

Bricked the thing, nothing I could do would pull it out of its boot loop. MSI is trash

What to buy then?

Did Gigabyte improved their shit UEFI?

MSI still sucking?

Asrock best so far, Gigabyte and MSI are your alternatives.

Don't even touch ANUS with a 10 foot shit smeared pole

I remember Asrock beeing even more shit, it's Asus anyway, had one blown up on me

Is Asus shit even in their 200 dollars ROG MB?

I hear GB pumps voltage too high in Z270

ASUS is complete shit for AM4, Asrock is the most stable so far, how ironic.

At this point I think even Biostar mobos are better than ASUS ones

learned it the hard way m8

Easily able to push 2666mhz without changing anything major. Never see cpu voltage go obove 1.2v

>Msi b350 tomahawk is life

I bought a Zenfone 2 from them and holy shit, everything that could have failed did. The USB port, the screen, the digitizer, the sim slots, the USB port again, and the headphone jack. Never again, man. I'm using the M5A99X Evo R2 and 650ti Boost from them for my computer, but I'm not taking any more risks with how their products have been lately.

>tfw you are ready to spend 200$ on a motherboard for the first time in your life and everything is shit

Taichi is worth 200

How far do you reckon I could push the ram?
Msi tomahawk
Corsair 16gb 3000mhz (c15)

pic:my current changes(I dont know if I can get tighter timings).

>Same shit, different cycle
Repeat after me:
I PAID TOP DOLLAR TO BETA TEST

I got one asrock z170. I came from an MSI board, that shit bios died.
First I was like meh let's see this cheapo brand but turned I loved assrock, dual bios, stable voltage, nice UEFI, only bad thing is the killer lan.

It's a shame Intel don't make anymore extreme boards. These were the best ones you could buy, rock stable, awesome boards.

MSI boards aren't that bad but their bioses and update methods are absolutely shit.

>He thinks x99 wasn't frought with problems on release (hint: it was)

O i am laffin

From what I'm getting Asrock and Gigabyte are best overall?

That board doesn't have external clock generator so max it can do is 3200, but with the current amd microcode that multiplier is not functioning properly on anyone at the moment, thus second best thing you can hope for is 2933.

I paid top neetbucks to compile kernel under 70s

How's Asrock?

It seems MSI, Gigabyte, and ASRock boards are mostly free from glaring issues. I'm not sure about BIOSTAR since I haven't seen too many people buying their boards.
If I buy another one to replace my B350 Plus it'll be a Gigabyte K7.

Either that or I'll wait until mITX boards are readily available. My system is stable enough, but I'm really not happen with the lack of basic functionality in the BIOS. I can't believe they'd ship a product so broken.

Will try.

>be me

Get the fuck out.

asus rog works just fine

rest of asus boards are absolute garbage though

posted on my asus crosshair 1700X build

I've been running the Crosshair 6 for a week on 0902 BIOS, having no problems other than a cold boot RAM issue at 3200MHz. Everything else works fine.

I also have the Asus B350M prime. I can confirm voltage locks, lousy memory profiling, & false temps. That's why it was pulled.

I just had a MSI B350M Gaming Pro show up. Today. Needed a bios update and it's POST is fucking weird. That and the retarded car graphic I could do without. But the voltage is greatly improved and I saw ~3% gain in FPS on Windows. However my memory would still not boot when clocked to it's standard 3200mhz. I haven't tried since the BIOS update. Maybe I should do that.

Is ASUS safe on graphics cards? I'm about to buy a ASUS Dual RX 480, but this thread makes me wonder. Should I get the Sapphire Nitro?

Ty OP, was just about to pull the trigger on my GLORIOUS RYZEN order before coming past this thread, swapped the Asus for an MSI. Hope all goes well.

Thinking of getting a MSI B350M Gaming Pro. Am I doing it right?

Asus PRIME B350M-A AM4 mATX motherboard was the only option for me that didn't require waiting about a month longer. If I'm not a demanding person should I be ok with it and just wait for BIOS updates? I don't want to wait any longer if I absolutely don't have to.

I'm back. Just turned on XMP. It works. Running at 3200MHZ. I don't think I'm shitposting any faster though.
It works well but requires patience. Once you change a speed setting it'll boot and chirp warnings at you - reboot itself and chirp warnings again but work like it should. It's real easy to change something and think you've broken it when it's just doing it's thing and screeching like an autist because everything isn't the same as it was before. Very much an improvement over the Asus otherwise. If you're dual booting on UEFI you have to tell it what hard drive you're booting to and use a separate menu to select which EUFI partition to go for first. That was a pain until I figured it out.

>he bought asus

I told you

All I can say is it POSTS, it boots, and it's stable if you're happy with the lowest possible clocks and fucked up voltage on both your CPU and memory. Exposed VRMs hot enough to make me lose fingerprints on weren't exactly confidence inspiring either. Also if you have the X models it'll show temps as 20C higher than they really are. If you can push past all that and you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't get one DOA you'll have a desktop at least.

waiting for the Taich as well. In my phenom experience, I had an MSI board blow caps, a second MSI board wouldn't hold bios settings after a while, no matter what I tried. bought a cheap BIOSTAR and it has been rock solid last 5 years...

>sample size: 3

Asus is utter shit, MSI abandons mobos for no reason and Gigabyte has buggy BIOSes. The only brands left are ASRock and Biostar, and I hope that Supermicro releases a desktop AM4 board like they did for Intel.

>should

You must.

>buying ASSchink
>ever

t. angry Assuck owner

Running the ASUS B350 Prime Plus. Haven't done too much testing as of yet, however I can confirm that the BIOS is fucking retarded, holy shit.
It's otherwise kept my 1700 at 3.8GHz 1.3v nicely, no hiccups. I haven't seen any voltage pumped beyond what I set it at, but I could easily miss something like that.

All I can say it's fucking cheap, and it's worked for me so far without any problems.