Someone give me the quick rundown on zen is the 1700 worth it? Im about to purchase it

Someone give me the quick rundown on zen is the 1700 worth it? Im about to purchase it

Other urls found in this thread:

superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-X370GK4&show=r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

define 'it'

Well I could get a 7700k does it depend on the workload? Or is that not a big deal

No. It have only 250 FPS in CS:GO, while Intel have 270.

do you use your computer for gaming? buy intel

do you use your computer as a workstation? no you don't, buy intel LOL

I think I know what your talking about it performs worse by a few fps 1080p? I mean I don't really care lol should I fall for the moar cores meme

7700k pulls ahead with fewer threads, R7 with more threads. I'd go R7 because it never falls behind enough to make a practical difference and it's more future-proof with a socket that's supported for several years in contrast to intel's every year a new pin shenanigans.

as much as I hate intel shills this post made me laff
if every shill was like this I'd be a good goy

Buy it. But maybe you should wait a little for motherboard manufacturers get their shit together.

this actually

bios are shit unless you buy the highest end ones for $300. i have the asus x370 prime and they keep promising a bios update but never say when theyre gonna release it

You've waited this long. May as well wait a few extra months for R5 results. Better drivers/BIOS etc and Vega. The biggest issue right now is the rising price of memory which is fucking over PC builds (Fuck smartphone fags).

Avoid ASUS mobos.

>future proof
>dumb pooniggers keep their CPUs for more than 2-3 years
LMAO
Your 3GHz poozen will be obsolete by 2018.

Processor? Worth it.
Motherboards? Fuck no. I've had two micro ATX boards and both have been horrible. But one of them was Asus so it was expected to be shit. I just didn't think it'd be as shitty as it was.

>Yes goy, keep buying new 4 cores every 2 years!
>This is what intelcucks actually believe

>t. 4 cores
kek

When did asus mobos turn to shit? I bought one 2011 and its working perfectly still.

>this is what intelcucks actually believe

r1700 is the best deal of the three r7's.
However hold off till the mobo crap gets fixed or something.
I would advise getting the stock cooler version.

Also where are you buying from OP?

I'm sick of waiting and I have everything else except the CPU. The 1700X is on store shelf, 1600X is almost a month more waiting. I want the 1600X but if the 1700X is not slower then should I just run to the store? I mean how much faster can the 1600X possibly be with its higher clocks? Can I even notice it in games?

Is all you do gaming and literally nothing else?
Get a 7700k.

Do you do anything besides gaming, or even something else while gaming?
Get the Ryzen 1700.

what was the other one? I am waiting on the ASRock Taichi to be available. Local store had 1 of the Gigabyte x370's available, and shitloads of Asus, but I can wait...

Ryzen hits a voltage wall at around 4GHz, not a thermal or power consumption wall.
The 4 or 6 core won't clock significantly higher than the 8 core.

Could that get fixed later with updates to motherboards and OS or is it carved in stone?

If 1600X is not faster I might go get the 1700X.

We don't know.
Bulldozer OC went up quite a bit once people figured out which spots they needed to tickle.
The same may happen to Ryzen, but keep in mind that even with the density library they used, 14nm LPP is still a relatively low clocking process.
Oh how much money I'd throw at AMD for an 8 core Ryzen on IBM's 14nm HP SOI

>Your 3GHz poozen will be obsolete by 2018.
If this is true, I can just buy a new CPU while keeping the same motherboard, while Intel requires a new motherboard every 2 years.

Plenty of games are maxing up 98-100% usage on all 8 threads of a 7700k at under 144fps. I don't get where people get this idea that it's magically going to become better in a few years while it's the 1700 that's only 65% utilized in the scenario is the one that'll become obsolete.

Top post.

I have everything ready for my 1700 build except a motherboard. waiting for the taichi since it seems the best but this shit is really infuriating

personally got fed up with waiting and boughtmsi titanium instead, even though it has shitty vrms, shouldnt be that much of problem

Just buy a placeholder motherboard for now and sell it when decent motherboards start flooding the market.

Expect a price drop in general once the 1600 comes out, at least on temporary online deals

Go to Groupon, get the 110 gift cards for 100, then get it.

Also, beware the 1700s temps when overclocking to 1800X lvels

the gigabutt g7 was briefly in stock today and I almost got it

also thinking of this but superbizz seems ultra sketchy
superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-X370GK4&show=r

Wrong. We do know.

It's the silicon itself. The manufacturing process.
It takes drastically more power to go from 4.1 to 4.2 than from 4.0 to 4.1, and drastically more to go from 4.0 to 4.1 than 3.9 to 4.0.

The sweet spot for perf/watt is down at around 1.95-2.15ghz, and still quite good up until 3.2-3.4ghz. Past 3.7 it heavily starts ramping up and really starts hitting a wall past 4.0.

Some absurdly lucky people are getting 4.1 on decent voltages, but that's rare. At 1.3-1.35v Expect 3.7-3.9 on a 1700, and 3.8-4.05 on a 1800X.

Will be the same on a 1600 or 1600X. Sure you can cool them easier on air, but anything over 1.4-1.45v is not recommended as it may harm the lifespan of the CPU, same as any CPU.

Any Ryzen or top Intel CPU`s give you over 80 FPS in any game easily. Get the cheapest one that gets the job done, but if you need extra cores for heavy software, then get a Ryzen

It literally doesn't matter. Save money and invest all you have into a good GPU

I'm running an Asus Prime x370-Pro with a 1700 and have had no issues so far aside from some ram instability when overclocked (an issue not local to Asus boards.)

Currently running 3.8ghz/1.3v on the stock cooler and couldn't be happier.

What a time to be alive. When jewtel cucks have no more arguments.

Trying to defend 4c/4t for $250 and 2c/4t for $170 is exhausting. Take it easy on them.

Even worse, paying $100 more for HT (7700k)... or just having to pay a "fee" just to unlock the ability to OC your CPU

And voiding your warranty so they operate at acceptable temps.

Kabylake buyers are the cuckest of cucks.

Being a first generation adopter is the stupidest way to throw away money.

>first generation adopter
>every new generation is a first generation
What the hell do you mean? Do intelcucks really justify buying the same chip again and again but with different codenames with stupid shit like this?

>triggered
No, I mean this is the first generation with this nanometer technology for AMD, thus you're paying for being a beta tester.

Im no Intel fan, I owned both AMD and Intel, but I always wait for the second generation for each building process, just giving my 2 cents.

I bet you're a lean little angry faggot for talking like that and missing the whole point of the nanometer technology used as said.

BTW I agree with wait for a revision or two, avoiding error like FMA3

>I is angry and can't English correctly