Is 7.1 headphones a meme?

I'm thinking about buying one.

it literally doesn't exist
like almost every single word in an advertisement it's a lie

get a pair of open back headphones

>Open back headphones
>ever
>thinking two drivers can replicate sound

having multiple points is the only way to have realistic sounding surround sound

fuck off with your meme tier bulshit, and over priced "audiophile" bullshit headphones

open soundstage is cool man.
It's not that the sounds are coming from all sorts of wacky directions, it's that you can hear extra clear, distinct sounds from one wave.

Look at the anatomy of the human ear and tell me which is the part that detects directionality of sound waves (never mind that the vector would be completely fucked up once it got into the ear canal). Is it the part that is behind the gigantic pop filter that is the ear drums?

The brain determines three-dimensionality of sound from relative delays and volumes. While legitimate surround sound systems can authentically create the stimuli needed for effects, headphones being right next to the ear have to emulate them in software or in recording. Adding more speakers isn't going to do shit.

The deal with 7.1 is that you can hear every single channel from an individual source, allowing you to identify them each one. If you put 4 channels of sound in the same place you won't perceive nothing but two sources.

Don't be stupid.

headphones are meme's my man. get a bluetooth speaker. lol

those UFOs are total and utter garbage. they sound like shit.

if you care about sound, get Sennheiser HD598 and HD600 if you have money. Rest is just junk.

7.1 surround is a fucking meme.

5.1 surround is what game companies, movie companies etc. build for.

kys

they are not 7.1. so
>into the trash it goes

you're too retarded to understand the sound propagation.

>muh channels
stick with 2.0, son

shut you fucking mouth, you stupid cunt nigger

You won't spot the difference between a pair of good cans vs. a headset in terms of locating enemies etc.

Headset's audio is usually worse than on normal cans, music sounds like shit and cinematic scenes are dull.

Invest on good cans and a cheapo table mic, much better alternative

Talking about experience from 5 close friends aswell, they swear upon the headphones over headsets.

>Open back headphones
>ever
What's wrong with open backs?

>The brain determines three-dimensionality of sound from relative delays and volumes. While legitimate surround sound systems can authentically create the stimuli needed for effects, headphones being right next to the ear have to emulate them in software or in recording. Adding more speakers isn't going to do shit.
This

Spot the nigger

my guess would be that some prefer the noise isolation over open backs.

It's all about preferences i guess

But open backs are best for private listening.

>cans
wtf are cans?

>doesn't know what cans are
>can't figure out from context either

how old are you? are you new here?
cans are headphones, headcans, cans

7.1 headphones that aren't just simulated aren't worth it IMO. The connection pretty much has to be USB to get the separate channels. Better to have a higher quality stereo headset. Especially if you're just gaming.

Now that said, if you're going to be taking in lots of non-gaming 5.1/7.1 content through these and know how to hook them up to your system, then maybe a 7.1 would be good. But you'd really need to search for a high quality set to make it worth it.

>inb4 gaming is 7.1
Gaming can dynamically make a stereo or surround mix, as it generates the sound while gaming. Audio tracks from movies or other content does not consistently downmix well.

Yes they are, I got a pair of k240s after going through multiple headsets and they're definitely my favorites. Although I still keep the last one i had around as a backup since when you turned the virtual 7.1 off it's actually a surprisingly decent set of headphones (freq 7s for reference) and the mic isn't half bad for recording either

It's worth it. I have these $300 arstechnia headphones that are only 2 channel and they're shit for gayming.

Meanwhile this $150 A40 headphones work great, I can hear everything involved in the game.