Why does anyone even need these overpriced turds...

Why does anyone even need these overpriced turds? They're slow in most applications because of shitty clockspeed and cost more than some organs, besides a GPU is faster hundreds of times than a CPU.

It's literally useless to 99% of the population

The 1% is 99% percent of the population

Because you're an autistic retard that doesn't understand what a use case is.

I do, and for anyone having a use case of a million cores can just get a GPU to do it.

And those are less than 1% of the world

My E3 1231v3 cost roughly 50€ less than an equivalent i7 at the time and had pretty much the same speed.

Why should I pay extra for an integrated GPU when I use a dedicated one?

No, you're a retard.
Do you know what a fucking enterprise server is?

A tiny part of the market compared to the PC/gamer market

So now that we've come to the conclusion that nobody really needs more than 4 cores, please stop recommending garbage chips like Ryzen in gaming threads, okay?

the PC Gaymur market doesn't count for shit in comparison to the business market. More cores matters when you do high power computing/ running a server, having a shitty i7 in a server is retarded unless you don't plan to have more than maybe 15 people on it at any given time.

>It's literally useless to 99% of the population
Xeon processors are not marketed towards the general population. You'd be more likely to see them in a supercomputer or a server, where a larger number of stronger cores might make sense. Incidentally, supercomputer clusters may also make use of the Xeon Phi coprocessors where tons and tons of cores are necessary.

Tiny in terms of people who interested in it - maybe. But owner of a datacenter operate thousands of servers with x4\x8 cpus in them.
There also IS demand in special features for datacenters' servers (large & expensive L3 cache useless for desktops, multi-cpu setups).
Those who use Xeons in their gayming rigs just grabbed em for decent sums (because datacenters upgrade often and have lots of shit to sell)
That is

h-hai onee-sama-tachi

Wow, look at all these buttravaged Redteam+ AMDshills defending their shitty overpriced purchase when a 7700k could have done it cheaper AND better!

AMDfags are basically

>w-we're the 1% !

The second most powerful supercomputer contains 32,000 Xeon E5-2692 processors, each with 12 cores, and 48,000 Xeon Phi coprocessors, each with 57 cores

Sure, a Core i7 is nice for gaming, where you only need a couple of strong cores and a GPU, but sometimes you need a fuckload of computing power, and clock speed isn't as important.

For what purpose?

We have xeons here with 10 cores. Our team have 20 people programming on the same server so I might say it's damn good for the price.

When you cluster a lot of CPUs is usually to do very heavy mathematical calculation envolving model analysis, like weather forecast, military, physics analysis, high analytic over big data, chemical model simulations.

You only cluster a lot of CPUs when you can scale very high the load.

>servers
>tiny part of the market
>servers were used to let you shitpost on this site

This

>a GPU is faster hundreds of times than a CPU
I'll take "what are branches?" for $20, Alex

Every company with tons of servers compared to some kids who play games... yep. AEP, Ford, Kroger, Gap, millions of other companies probably don't have the money some 14 year olds have...

Xeons are also made to run nonstop

Only on Sup Forums will you see a thread complaining about expensive enterprise grade equipment not being suitable for gaymen. It's time for a Sup Forumsermin extermination and autoban for any mention of games.

>why do people have other needs than mine? Everyone who uses a computer is just a gamer anyway!!!!11

>implying OP or anyone else itt ever even heard of that

Internet servers use Xeon with ECC memory.

Tell me about the ECC memory. Will it make cawadooty run faster? Or it is mainly used for "keeping the data perfect" in important servers

>What is virtualization?
>What is selling cores in a cloud environment?

But will it run Minecraft on it?

You are retarded. The server market is bigger than the PC retail market including all the gaymers in terms of profit.

As though consumer chips aren't?

Xeons are nothing more than intel's way of stratifying their market by disabling enterprise features which are built into the silicon of consumer chips. Anybody who actually thinks there's something special about xeons, other than intel just artificially disabling features, is a chump.

Explain. I'm on the fence between a xenon and a 7700k

Do you need ECC memory or more than 10 cores? If so, buy a xeon. Otherwise, buy an i7. There is no difference beyond that.

If you're on the fence, you don't need a xeon.

how loud do you think that would be

Not arguing against your point but wasn't this website onriginaly if not still running on a bunch of ordinary mac minis not the server line?

my e3 xeon is an i7 with ECC support

Dumbest tech discussion forum I have ever fucking seen. Everyone here is a fucking handicap.

>I'm from r/gaming and I just read about how GPUs have big gig-numbers in shitty old benchmarks, why do people who know more than me still use these things I can't afford?????????
Sup Forums in a nutshell, this post

they used to be and may still be cheaper than an i7