Do AMD CPU's have backdoor's as well?

Do AMD CPU's have backdoor's as well?
What's an opensource alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html

Is it closed source? It most likely has a backdoor.

Even the backdoors have backdoors now. Nobody is safe.

No.
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd

I was referring to this part
>What's an opensource alternative?

All post 2008 cpus have backdoors.

Hackers have already managed to essentially make the ME useless.

>Trump story tie in
Yeah, sounds very legit.

How isn't this major news that Intel and AMD are undermining the security of their users? This should be on front page of every tech news outlet and tech writer.

Fuckign pig disgusting. These fags need altenratives

Intel fucking has a backdoor CPU inside the main CPU that can't be stopped.

Fucking jesus christ

might as well throw my 9560 XPS to bin rn. I hate this sort of shit.

>Do AMD CPU's have backdoor's as well?

yes

the failed crowdfunding for the power8 talos system

>hoax

See: Snowden (via Greenwald) leaks, Wikileaks leaks
People don't care. Nobody knows how to make people care. Both parties have been systematically releasing data in a way to attempt to get people to care, and it's not working.

It doesn't directly affect them. They don't see it having a major effect on their lives. It's not something many people can even afford to care about.

Example, what are YOU going to do? Stop using new processors? Go back to old Core 2 Quads or Athlons?

Google it fag literally says and uses an arm CPU for secure trust bs

just use a raspberry pi, they are good enough to send shit and browse if you are afraid of hardware backdoors

Intel stock price should still be hammered or shit.

This is literally a rape and pillage of basic principles of Western world. Freedom and privacy, that Intel, Intelligence Communities, AMD and Windows etc. have all been raping together with a good fucking happy go-lucky smiles attitude.

And there is no impact. Despite it all being revealed.

What the FUCK
how!?

How can nations of people that use smartphones, anything computer, be so fucking passive and sheep like

it BOGGLES MY MIND SO MUCH ITS A FUCKING NIGHTMARE

literally everything is backdoored at a lower level than you thought and being totally mass recorded, to blackmail and control people in positions of power and to map and create predictive models used to zombify the public into accepting a left wing global order.

I know that feel

This is some fucking world we live in

What does it fucking matter these days?
What do you expect from this world after everything we've found out?

We have two options, really, we can fight for it to end (which will probably never happen, and you don't want to know why), or we can just withdraw from the world, into our basements and play video games and laugh at how stupid this shit is and hope things eventually get better.

Just spend 2k on a high-end gaming PC and enjoy and let these fuckwits goof around with their retarded bullshit.

>What does it matter.
Everything.
>What do you expect
A reaction? This is a massive reaction against what made the western democracies and ideas. This is a shit on freedom. FREEDOM. Don't the fucking Americans love FREEDOM. Why aren't they doing anything when they, according to the present, DONT HAVE FREEDOM. You can't have precious FREEDOM without privacy.

>fight for it to end.
yes absolutely but where is it
why is nobody but Wikileaks fighting
literlaly nobody

I mean the people who are being treated like shit far outnumber the people in Intelligence Comms.

people don't understand what that means and everything works. we don't have dictators who kill people for having the wrong opinions in power, so why bother? everything is fine

I don't really care if the government knows what games I play, sees my schoolwork, or reads my shitposts.

>it BOGGLES MY MIND SO MUCH ITS A FUCKING NIGHTMARE

Dude, it'S fucking nothing.
Try Russia, China (not even gonna mention Norks) if you want "rape and pillage of basic principles of Western world, freedom and privacy"

Cops and intelligence service could MAYBE wiretap you? Oh my God! In Russia, they can kill you on the street or otherwise make you disappear, you have no rights.

DUDE ITS NOTHING BECAUSE SOMEWHERE SOMEONE IS DOING EVEN WORSE SHIT LMAO -defense is fucking pathetic horseshit

This board really is dumb, isn't it?

People only care about perceived freedom and privacy though. As long as vids of them masturbating don't randomly popup online they don't really care.

I guess you are right. Who cares haha, lmao. Let them drill my ass.

This isn't new, and yes they do.

If you're in the infosec community there's an annual invitational conference in the RoI that deal with all of this. If you want access the easiest way in is representing financial interests/banks, they tend to send clueless non techies, so my guess is the entry criteria are poor.

This sort of thing is spoken about openly in keynote presentations. There have even been a few open access conference where a lot of this came out (in particular, there used to be an international infosec conference in Nicosia, Cyprus - which spoke specifically about identity free verification, and how you fundamentally prevent it). There are no shadows here, the information isn't even far from the public domain. Many of the hardware backdoor architectures are, albeit not explicitly, described in academic papers to boot.

What to watch now: USB drives. The worry over cryptocurrencies is over (and banking interests are subverting the market now) - the new issue is the inability to geofence the holding of cryptocurrencies. Compromised portable data store is now a major focus. It has always been possible, but not needed - so manufacturers haven't been forced so much. Keep your old flash drives.

Oh, and for the majority of you out there using bluetooth, bluetooth controllers have been compromised just about from the get-go. The reason the infosec community banged on against bluetooth was not just interception/spoofing risks.

Fuck my safety, they should never be allowed to do this shit. Put a tap, or a hack on someone with a warrant, like everything else.

and the faggot google captcha has been spotty for me too on the site this afternoon, do they know something?

Nobody knows, the design was never publicly reviewed because muh technology.

You won't like it. There are some very weak opensourced CPUs like RISC-V and you can also make a CPU from FPGA.

does anyone have source on any security breaches on the management chip or a source that claims that it is actually malicious?

Even if the statements in OP were true, having security clearance for the people who work on these chips makes sense.

I would love to jump on the paranoia wagon as well, but there is no evidence of this being a compromised system.

If the system communicates over the network, wouldn't the messages be picked up by sniffers?

You know, either way you can make yourself safe by installing first firmware without any problems and then put your PC behind a hardware firewall.

>Nobody knows, the design was never publicly reviewed because muh technology.

That's a counter intuitive reasoning. If it can't be reviewed and is tech its hiding something shady 100%.

It's a black box so its backdoor can either be found or unknown.

Someone should write a lightweight program that constantly feeds garbage to the ME. We all run it and they can no longer keep up with actual vs garbage data.

ME is invisible to the operating system user

>fast forward 10 years, you're blacklisted from any decent job or place to live because they found out you used to visit chinese pedo cartoons site back then and that makes you potentially untrustworthy citizen

>Fuck my safety,
>implying you would be unsafe if these people werent using the same power to import foreign mercenary armies of muslims to destabilize us

>If the system communicates over the network, wouldn't the messages be picked up by sniffers?

>implying sniffers aren't backdoored as well to ignore the 'right' packets
>as well as firewalls to let them through regardless of rules