How many computers do you guys have? I currently have one machine but am thinking about getting two more machines...

How many computers do you guys have? I currently have one machine but am thinking about getting two more machines, don't know if it's a good idea or not.

no

>How many computers do you guys have?
>No
Mmkay.

Bump

1 desktop
1 laptop
1 server which is also my router

Not bad.

1 laptop
1 smartphone
1 soon-to-be-desktop, starting my build after class tonight.

1 desktop
2 laptop, 1 of them is old which i only use for distro testing
1 windows tablet because i fell for the meme

1 laptop
1 raspberry pi
my old C2D desktop died a week ago ;__;

2 full sized PCs
2 small form factor PCs
2 mini PCs
2 stick PCs
2 laptops
1 netbook
4 smartphones (don't ask)
3 tablets
4 screens, 1 TV

I bought a bunch of hardware when I moved into an actual house and had room for it all. Don't really regret it, either.

1 desktop
2 laptops

My desktop is just for word processing and miscellaneous low-demand tasks when I'm home. It's more comfortable to sit at my desktop, it's got real nice speakers, okayish monitor, and a real nice keyboard. I also use to watch TV shows and movies while I try to fall asleep.

My one laptop, as ducked up as it is, is my main working computer. I'm studying cyber security and that laptop is the only machine good enough to support multiple, responsive VMs. The onboard graphics on the i7 is also better than the graphics card on my desktop, not that I game a whole lot.

My second laptop is an old piece of shit lenovo I just fuck with. Is i learn something new that's potentially damaging I can test it out on that laptop. If I wanna mess around with viruses or blow it away to try a new linux distro I can. Recently, I set it up as an IDS using snort. That was fun.

>ducked up

I guess you all know now that I posted from my phone.

what will you do with those two extra computers?

14 for various purposes. 1 is winlol, 3 are Macs the rest various linuxen

My main PC will be for my main setup. One would be for my second setup to mess around with, and the other one would go on my TV to play games and web browse.

1x personal laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Y500)
-1x company laptop (Apple Macbook pro 2015)
-1 tablet (8 inch Samsung galaxy tab)
-2 smartphones, 1 personal smartphone (samsung galaxy S6), 1 company smartphones (iphone 6)
-1 lenovo mini pc connected to tv

Desktop
Server
Router
Laptop I use
Laptop I don't use, I should get around to selling that thing
Ancient DOS box that I keep in the closet and play Zork on once a year or so

So that's six. I have a phone, which I guess is technically a computer, but I wouldn't put them int he same category. I have enough spare parts to make another machine, and part of me wants to, but it'd be pretty pointless desu

>Zork

Fuck me in the rump that sounds fun, that's the only game you have on your DOS box? All kinds of gems you could be playing.

It's an IBM AT with a 6 MHz (lol) 80286. With a 30MB hard drive that someone probably paid the price of a good used car for back in the mid 80s. It runs Wolfenstein 3D, but too slowly to be playable. I once went to the trouble of tracking down a space-themed sidescrilling shooter called Stargate that I played when I was a kid, but that runs too fast since it assumes an 8088.

I should try and get Windows 3.[0,1] running on it, I never found out you could evade the bigfoot in skifree until this millennium

Your work must love Apple devices.

1 Gaming tower
1 Mac Mini home server
1 Personal laptop
1 Work Laptop
1 NAS (If that counts)

I highly recommend having at least 3 computer boxen

3 apple notebooks
1 hp notebook
1 ipad pro

>3
>Apple
>Notebooks

Why do you recommend 3 computers user?

>Mac Mini
You caught the AIDS.

1 modern gaming desktop pc
1 winxp desktop pc for retro games and shit

>How many computers do you guys have?
Sold all my shit, kept just my Thinkpad T450. I don't really like owning stuff.

I was like that, then I realized owning stuff is actually awesome.

5 or 6 that work, one that kind of works (dead iGPU) and 2 that dont work at all. Not counting Android devices and consoles.

I'm like that for many things, except my hobbies. Which includes computers.

One in the morning, one in the evening, one at supper time.

But yeah 1 main, one portable, and a home server. That way you always have a computer handy. As well as a backup in case the main or the server fails.

I wish I were you

>mac mini home server
have one as a nas, comfy as fuck.
doesn't look out of place either so I don't have to hide it at all.

Why so fucking much user?

I see what you're saying.

>so I don't have to hide it at all.

Right? Got mine near the TV. My XBone is more out of place than the Mac Mini.