Will windows ever be good again?

Will windows ever be good again?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briefcase_(Microsoft_Windows)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the retards will never know about LTSB

It never was.

>I don't customize anything on Windows and leave it just like it was when I bought it
>WINDOWS SUCKS LOLLLLLL

Fuck you.

>same botnet
>less features
???

you can disable that in the settings

>It's OK if you can disable it somewhere

I'm sure you installed your flavor of Linux with default settings and left it at that.

XP was fine.

If enough people are unsatisfied with Windows 10, yes. But I think I might be in an echo chamber here, and Sup Forums might be the only people who hate 10.

>cortana
>ads
>apps
>edge
>forced updates
>feature

>CPU has hardware level data collecting
>every browser collects everything
>every website collects everything you did there and where you went from there
>every service like email collects everything you did with it
>your cellphone collects and listens to everything you do
>your ISP stores everything you do
>cares about his OS collecting data

stallman lost just give up

Linux doesn't advertise to me

I don't know if it's because I live in europe with EU laws or something but not once has windows 10 advertised anything to me

It looks like it now, but I remember people bashing WinXP.

This is kinda funny situation, to be honest. Im living in Europe, using Win 10 Education and it behave completely different than what people report on Sup Forums with their US systems. Its not even N version, too.

For example, guys I talked with said that when they installed Anniversary update, it COMPLETELY reset their systems, settings included. In my case, the only thing that was changed was re-adding three packages (that card game pack, Xbox app and something I cant even recall) in Education, and additional one in Pro at work, plus wallpaper reset to default. All settings were left intact in my case.

In the meatime, I know few guys who use Win 10 Home that came with their laptops and it show ads 24/7. In that case I could blame both the fact of using Home and probably some manufacturer crap that came preinstalled.

Still, the fact that US Win10 appears to be much more invasive and harder to control is both hilarious and scary. I mean, my EU one is tamed and all but it should be likewise tamed for everyone else, not just because I live in (central-eastern part of) europe.

You can't run away from the botnet forever.

>buy a datacenter
>download the internet
>unplug ethernet
>????

even a simple netstat can tell you otherwise

no

But you're literally downloading the botnet, then.

Its because Americans love capitalism and freedom. Microsoft is just using that freedom.

>have windows 10 home
>installed ClassicShell
>disabled ads on the lockscreen
>disabled the cortana bar completely, the background service takes like 0.01% CPU so who gives a shit

Literally the only problem remaining is the whole forced update thing. I set mine to an ungodly hour in the middle of the night every friday the 13th so it actually doesn't bother me too much.

As for the data collection:
>Make OS that collects data
>Profit
>Start making next version of OS
>"Hey, we should be more open with our users, if we keep going we could end up in a huge lawsuit that will destroy our reputation"
>Make disclaimers about data collection more obvious, even add some additional opt-out options
"Reeeeeeee they are collecting data now"

Seriously, ISPs store your history, both Android and iOS track everything you do, Google is literally everywhere and will store everything (this obviously includes Chrome), any social media likewise. On top of that unless you're living in like Zimbabwe your government can probably access whatever they want if they feel like it, and even if you're living somewhere where they can't then the US government can - they literally infect bootloaders, bioses, firmware, etc.

And you're throwing up a shitstorm because Win10 has some data collection.

You are retarded.

post your tits

>functional and perfect O.S is turned into some phone-like botnet abortion

Why fuck everything turens into shit

Law of the nature
Everything goes to shit

>2017
>linux still hasn't caught up to a 20 yo windows release

>2018
>using winblows since 3.1 with a 286
>I still don't know what the fuck was this thing supposed to do

>Put reboot into cortana prompt.
>IE page about a fucking cartoon pops up.

Windows 10 Pro.

Sync to folder. Pretty neat. You can enable it via registry on 8 and 10 as well.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briefcase_(Microsoft_Windows)

Education have ads disabled and cannot be renabled unlike Enterprise non LTSB.

>Not knowing forced updates can easily be turned off through services.msc and taskschd.msc

>not caring enough to find out
DESU if I really cared I would get linux working, but it doesn't like my wifi card so I gave up.

That said now that you mentioned it, would you care to spoonfeed me a bit more?

>Not even being capable of customising your install

Why even post on Sup Forums. It's just a bunch of Y/N switches that you have to turn when you install it.

B4 update:Stop wuauserv service
Aft update but B4 reboot :Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > WindowsUpdate>Scheduled Restart Delete task

Even if it did, there would be a way to remove the app causing that shit from your system easily. Windows gives you a way to "turn it off" way best. Because boatware, adware, and spyware are now acceptable business practices.