Is the Raspberry Pi 3B backdoored / botnetted / CIA niggered? I'd like to use it for as a hardware firewall. Otherwise...

Is the Raspberry Pi 3B backdoored / botnetted / CIA niggered? I'd like to use it for as a hardware firewall. Otherwise, any other suggestions for a hardware firewall? Thanks Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

alibaba.com/products/F0/router_motherboard/CID708045----------------------------G------------MOQT1.html
github.com/librepi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's an arm chip. What do you think?

What are the alternatives then? Some old core2duo ?

Nobody cares about your shitty doujin collection, not even the CIA.

motorola chips are the only certified botnet free chips

They care enough to hoover the info up.

Not using anything that uses electricity and never leaving your house

Regardless, that's assuming they are the only ones that have access. They could be openly sharing it, rogue agents could be leaking it, or there could be other entities exploiting the same holes.

It's not for hiding my hentais, it's just a general security precaution for muh malwares and shite.
I'd like to be able to block things at a packet and IP level more efficiently than a software firewall can.

And as said, ((they)) hoover up too much info, any step taken to reduce that is worth the effort to me, even if I'm not doing anything illegal.

Raspberry pi 3 uses 10/100 internet so say goodbye to your 100+Mbps speeds

So help me find alternatives, say, a beaglebone or some such?

just buy some old Core2 for $50

It's fine. It needs binary blobs to boot but they're fixing that.

Beaglebone is good but video card software is proprietary. I still love both though. Orange Pi has better ethernet but it's chinashit and most definitely backdoored.

Thanks senpai. I'm looking to deblob as much as possible, set up a decent set of iptables, host blocking, IDS, Snort, etcetc. I can't really be bothered dedicating a PC to it so that's why I'm considering SOC boards

I'd say you couldn't go wrong with the BBB or the RPI. You don't need to use the video card on the BBB, and the RPI is making real progress on deblobing.

I've got a few RPI and a BBB. Far less documentation for the BBB, but I think it's more powerful.

Why do people who are trying to sound smart always acronym everything. BBB takes the same amount of time to type as beagle.

Because beagle sounds gay af

Why do you care, it's not you that's typing it?

The worst is when someone makes up an initialism for a single television episode.

If it was me that was typing it I obviously wouldn't care would I?

No pins, half the reason for getting a raspiss.

I'll go for both, then, probably. I've done a bit of reading on the Banana Pi M3 as well. Looks powerful enough but I've heard bad things about customer support and firmware issues.

>exploiting the same holes

Heh

Then why did you start whining about it you fucking autismo faggot?

You don't need IO pins for a fucking firewall.

No one should get a raspiss for a firewall since there's cheaper SBCs without the pins.

With gigabit LAN, too? If so, source?

We should design & build our own computer out of TTL logic chips just to be sure that we have a computer without any CIA backdoors

alibaba.com/products/F0/router_motherboard/CID708045----------------------------G------------MOQT1.html

Sounds great, I'll design the logo.

nice chinese backdoored botnet boards

>ever considering something with ethernet over usb for networking

Anyone have any thoughts on the Odroid C2?

Not OP but curious. What OS are people using for their firewalls these days? PfSense?

>broadcom
Ask Richard. No good for firewall.

WTB small system to run firewall on

Core2 + pfSense

Old softcore processors on FPGAs.

I would just like to say a Hi! to te resident spook.

Raspberry Pi is not a very good option for a firewall, as it has very meager network performance. It's strength is community and support, but for a little thing doing firewall stuff that's exactly the thing that's not that important.

There's literally tens of different other SoCs that have come after RasPi that do this task better. I'd suggest Odroid but it's your call, really.

FSF's idea of freedom is a single board computer without GPU capability. They're against Mali and PowerVR so their solution is never using it.

wtf i love powerbook g4s now

Yes, it's wired straight to GCHQ.

What's wrong with having a GPU?

>very meager network performance
this isn't true at all

as long as your internet is typical cable modem speed it's perfectly fine

How do you know you're not a botnet?

fuk u delet this

how do you plan on using it as a firewall with 1 nic? usb adapter?

I know I'm not a botnet, for I attach these messages to a carrier pigeon that delivers it to a small team of pinoy boys who make these posts on my behalf. I have never had to touch a computer in my life.

Carrier pigeons are not very secure, they are easily intercepted by shotguns and other related technologies.

OP here. Will most likely just get something like a Thinkcentre and add a pci network card

PC Engines you fucking imbecile.

You even get the schematics.

It's bottlenecked by running over the USB 2.0

Has anyone tried LibrePi? Is there any hope for such project even succeeding?
github.com/librepi

Should one just disregard Raspberry Pis altogether, coming from the home of GCHQ pretty much everything is to bound to be saturated with backdoors, vulnerabilities.

Thanks retard.

Are you a fucking moron?

>just assume literally everything on the planet is botnet
>no more worries

when do you snap and go They Live on everything?

When it comes to relatively safe CPUs people always talk about Core2Duo. What about Core2Quad? Why no one mention Core2Quad?

no u

>Far less documentation for the BBB, but I think it's more powerful.
Otherway around, BBB is less powerful but its perfectly documented.

>hardware firewall
as someone else mentioned the lan port shares bandwidth with the usb hub and throughput is shit, ontop of that how would you accomplish anything with a rpi - running a local vpn?

grab an ancient server to put infront of you for cheap from ebay

>Old softcore processors on FPGAs.
How do you trust that those aren't backdoored as well?

The only real solution to this question is to be a reasonable human being and not live your entire life on networked devices.

With the exception of the 100% worthless PowerVR GPU.

>alyssa

and she has open source rpi firmware for their shitty broadcom gpu

man what a legend, she's better than all of you faggots

Why are core2 considered more secure? I've a nearly 3 GHZ one and still kicks asses. Will live forever.

>Why are core2 considered more secure?
because they don't include Intel ME which is full of backdoors

earlier ones lack integrated management features which could supposedly be abused by shady alphabet soups

>abused
Not really. The word "abuse" implies that something is used in a harmful or harming way it originally wasn't intended for. AMT is a malicious backdoor by design.

But... but... ME is supposed to come disabled by default...
Its OK goyims.

But this isn't a problem if your upstream is only 20 megabits or whatever.

For a person with an OC3 to the home yeah it's insufficient, but for 99% of home broadband users it's more than enough.

Does this encompass Core2Quads?

core2 duo + is backdoored

core2 = duo and quad you fucking pleb retard

Kys, its called clarification dumbshit.

they came out at the same time why the fuck would one have it but the other not?

download more braincells "dumbshit"

you might wanna ask which codename of the chip aswell then, to clarify even more

Stay autistic

buttblasted

I don't need to say anything back, I've already had my question answered. You're the one being a complete autist.

Waaaaah someone didn't know something

Assume that anything you buy is backdoored/botneeded/CIA Niggered because it probably is.

so which core2 would you buy to be sure you're not getting one that's backdoor'd?

I already own a q9400 and some other random c2d in storage. I was just curious.

enjoy your backdoor

WAIT, I had a core2 duo laptop I loved, but I fried it years back.
Are you telling me that thing seriously wasn't backdoored? That none of the Core2's where?
Fuck, it fells pretty recent, to think it was before the age of me.

>before the age of me

the first C2D came out around 2007. What are you talking about?

summer 2006 you dumbfuck

That's exactly why I said "around" 2007, dumbass. 6 months off, big deal.

nigger Core2 is infested. You need Core

yes it's a big deal because in that timespan they made new chips with changes and could have implemented a backdoor if it isnt already in the first wave of chips, you fucking mongoloid

Core is just rebranded pentium M for mobile shit

>she

Why get something with shitty ethernet for it?
Just get a cheap router that runs OpenWRT instead.

Yes, it absolutely is.

What's his face, brabant or whatever? He's basically a GCHQ asset in disguise.

Not sure what for, but I do know it requires non-free binaries to be fully functional. If the cunts who made it would open source the whole thing, I'd build my own laptop with it and use it every day.

1) It is un-American to do the things that the CIA niggers are doing. The government is supposed to help the people, and provide them with public services and enforce laws to make sure that society is fair and equal. What we have now is a blatant abuse of power and an oppression of the people. If I had my way, they'd be hanged for treason. Every single one of them.

2) The recent CIA leaks happened because these hacking tools were just floating around. You should assume that every 13 year old script kiddie has the ability to own every computer you've ever touched with minimal effort. If you do any kind of online banking, have personal emails/messages, or have contact info of people you care about stored on your devices, you should be very worried right now.

>Why are core2 considered more secure?
They're not unless you disable the management engine. You can do it without the computer losing any functionality. You can do the same on a lot of newer Intel CPUs as of late last year as well. Look up ME Cleaner on GitHub.

If you want to see if the ME is running on your PC and you have Linux installed, use the lspci command to see all of the stuff on the PCI bus. It'll be there.

Some models have it in the CPU, others on the mobo/wireless card. I have a ThinkPad T400 that has it in the CPU. Fully disabled it with Libreboot. If you're not comfortable flashing the BIOS, you can pay like $80 to people on ebay who do it for you. The ThinkPad itself is like another $90 used.

I bought an odroic xu4 for seedbox purposes. It whines under load but I installed a cheap 7 dollar passive heatsink so it stays quiet. It's hard to say if passive cooling is enough for you though, since you're going to have a lot of traffic going through it.

Whats stopping me from slapping a these things with solar+battery on free wifi spots?

Is core2duo really safe?

My laptop has a core2duo, but a EFI mobo.

probably not

not CIA, GCHQ
use turris omnia for routers/firewall

>Core is just rebranded pentium M for mobile shit
it doesn't have ME

ABORT ABORT