Is 2017 the year of the GNU/Linux desktop?

Is 2017 the year of the GNU/Linux desktop?

it's just Linux

the year of linux

fucking giantess Satania art when

hello,

work in this field, I would like to remind users gnu+linux is not a consumer OS! it is used in specialized areas of computing i.e. supercomputers, enterprise, certain areas of software development, networking and storage management (servers).

there are reasons for this which can be loosely categorized by 'externally' and 'internally'. externally, gnu+machines are easier to maintain, cheaper and more reliable. internally, the l-kernel itself responds and is better suited to the tasks I previously mentioned.

notice that these tasks listed are generally not consumer oriented! linux is taking great steps and leaps in trying to penetrate that market but as of today and tomorrow won't be a consumer OS. If you are interested in this type OS, use XNU! It is a consumer friendly.

thank you for reading!!

It's the year of Satania.

nice paste

is this the new satania thread

Are there any companies that use GNU/Linux desktop? I'm only aware of Google.

google also use OSX and Windows

many companies use Linux for some things, just like google

Is Satania Sup Forums related?

Looks like /g is totally into redheaded 2d sluts

She's not a slut. She's the most pure 2D ever.

>2d
>pure
last time I heard that shit about maki

What happened with Maki?

she got dethroned by satania

Satanichia is my wife!

GUARANDOO

Nope, but maybe we reach the 2%

>not worshiping the actually Sup Forums-related girl of the show

God damn I didn't know she was stacked
I love her now

>PHP
>Sup Forums related

It's not the year of the desktop at all, never mind the GNU/Linux desktop. It used to be a crusade to get normies out of the Windows ecosystem. Now there are no normies left except a handful of people with laptops. In the US OEM desktops are dead and self-assembled ones are growing hugely but their primary purpose seems to be video games. I may be entirely mistaken here, my monitor is my only window into the world, but I think this post has been more accurate than not.

We can draw connections from the 2000's desktop OS debates to modernity with smartphone OS' but it's complex because you have Linux and Unix. Android being fine but then being mutilated and defaced into an abomination by carriers and phone makers for god knows what reason. On the other side you have the pinnacle of normie-ware, iOS. An OS designed for your girlfriend and mom.

Some of us are wageslave mr. Trips

Pay your respects to your new overlord.