Fuck microsoft, how do I stop this?

fuck microsoft, how do I stop this?

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/3174225/microsoft-windows/microsofts-support-rules-for-windows-10-ltsb-void-allure-to-enterprise-customers.html
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012982/discusses-an-issue-in-which-you-receive-a-your-pc-uses-a-processor-tha
majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u5mFI9spp10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install gentoo

Install Gentoo

Not microsofts job to make the drivers, dipshit.

Stop being a cuck and install Windows 10

Genstall Intoo

I heard offline updates via DISM and WSUS still work, maybe someone will eventually find a workaround

Install gentoo

What processor are you using that isn't supported by Windows 10?

I N S T A L L
N
S
T
A
L
L

G E N T O O
E
N
T
O
O

Instalodoo Gentoo

>using Windows
You had it comming. You asked for it.

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K

Windows Server 2012 R2 will still be supported on the latest platforms until End of mainstream support. That is the only non-Windows 10 Windows option.

Did you expect them to support older hardware for an infinite amount of time?

t. microdick shill

Install Windows 10 LTSB. It's literally the Windows 7 Version of Windows 10.

I expect them to live up to their word and provide security updates until 2020 regardless of what hardware I'm using. That's too much to ask I guess.

"Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Branches, also known as LTSBs, will support the currently released silicon at the time of release of the LTSB,"

computerworld.com/article/3174225/microsoft-windows/microsofts-support-rules-for-windows-10-ltsb-void-allure-to-enterprise-customers.html

Depending on the silicon OP might not be able to do that and get updates either.

does it have directdraw support? I doubt it

Stop using shitty old/obscure hardware

I like how everyone responded to OP with gentoo without realizing that linux support for hardware is even worse than windows 7. If you believe that your thinkpad laptop from '00s runs it fine then so should every piece of hardware released after it, in reality you most likely won't find drivers for things like wifi and latest video cards. The solution on windows is to simply install the latest version, but on linux there is no "latest version", you only have 100s of choises for software that has never gotten out of the alpha stage

Pic related.

C U C K O L D

This is one of the few times where Sup Forums is right, and installing Gentoo would actually help you. So yeah, do that.

Install Gentoo.

I'm not even joking here, installing Gentoo or any other GNU/Linux distro that respects your freedom and privacy will fix that.

Can you play games on it?

It's not about drivers, dipshit. Look into things before blindly commenting.

There is no way you're getting this message unless he machine is ancient af. I had a old dell vostro from like 2002 that runs windows 10 with out this message

the problem is that microsoft is deliberately blocking updates from users on w7 because they chose to upgrade their processors

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012982/discusses-an-issue-in-which-you-receive-a-your-pc-uses-a-processor-tha

There is absolutely no reason for them to do this when they have stated before that they would provide security updates until 2020.

Dude just fucking update and use shutup10. There is literally no reason not to run 10 at this moment.

>mandatory flash installation
no.
captcha related

Well it have DirectX too, just not 12

HOPE THE GAMES WERE WORTH IT, FAGGOT

I love these sort of comments about 7 when it was released.

Download the security only mensal upgrades and install them manually.

Fuck Windows Update.

Or look up for offline windows updates.

I don't expect anything because I would never pay for Windows, and if you did you're even more of a faggot

>Shilling a broken closed source placebo
Fuck off faggot

>There is absolutely no reason for them to do this when they have stated before that they would provide security updates until 2020.
extended maintenance doesn't mean they have to guarantee compatibility with processors released after mainstream maintenance ends, just to support existing hardware/software in the field.

Prove its broken fucking idiot.

Processors don't ahve drivers, that's why you can still install Windows 95 on a modern x86 (or x64 since they are backward compatible with x86) and it will work.

They are checking for certain processors and locking people out of updates. You have to use the offline update installer now.

If only there were a community of people who could contribute their technical expertise and code up a small fix to patch the operating system

if only

Explain Windows 8.1 then.
The other way round famalam

Where to get Windows 10 LTSB without spyware

It's that they're not supporting newer hardware, you fucking retard.

>fuck microsoft, how do I stop this?
try to at least dual boot linux or get a Mac. Microsoft has a huge grip thanks to monopolistic practices but as long they keep their monopoly on the desktop they'll never fear any backslash from their customers.

>Any Windows
>Without spyware
Impossible

>everyone on Sup Forums tells you to block updates for windows
>microsoft starts blocking updates for you
>suddenly this is a bad thing
Never change Sup Forums

>everyone on Sup Forums tells you to block updates for windows
>microsoft starts blocking updates for you
on 7

do try to keep up

Did you miss the whole telemetry and "GET WINDOWS 10 RIGHT NOW YOU FUCKING FAGGOT OR WE'RE GOING TO UPGRADE YOUR COMPUTER FOR YOU GET WINDOWS 10 GET WINDOWS 10 GET WINDOWS 10 NOW NOW NOW" debacles?

Also people don't say to block updates for 10, they say not to upgrade to 10 at all. Especially since 10 doesn't let you block updates.

no, that was specific updates

this is regarding all updates, including actual security ones

>newer gen of intel cpus only supports win10
>still recommend intel

what happened to respecting freedoms?

in the end you still fall for the capitalism big brother

Remove the update that added this

Literally same w/ Ryzen

this isn't a "compatibility" issue. This is a "Microsoft doesn't approve of your processor + OS combination so no more updates at all ever for you" issue.

No you can't dumbass. Anything over 2.1Ghz caused a panic in Windows 95 and 98 (non-SE). Sure, you could cripple it by underclocking if you're lucky, but good luck finding a 256MB DDR4 stick so that shit doesn't crap it's pants over having too much memory.

It's the opposite. Microsoft is purposefully not supporting new hardware on its older still used operating systems (which are still in now meaningless extended support)

Windows 7 is insecure. Use windows 10 like everyone else you loser.

install gentoo, faggot

It's your fault for using Intel... no problem with Zen here

Has anyone tried this? Could be a useful replacement for the built-in Windows Update service.
majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html

How is adding support for a newer cpu a security update and nog a feature update?

It is not adding support for a new CPU, it is allowing PCs with new CPUs to receive security updates. They added the feature to 'remove support'f rom the new CPUs, not the other way round.

youtube.com/watch?v=u5mFI9spp10

>How is adding support for a newer cpu a security update

Nobody said that it is, retard.

Windows 7 works fine on new CPUs and the security updates do too. MS is just intentionally making them harder to install.

The big disgrace is that they're doing the same to Windows 8.1, which is still in "mainstream support" phase until 2018.

Go and buy some supported hardware you filthy pauper.

Stop using Windows update. All the rollups include telemetry now.

Alternatively, swap drive back to your old rig and update there and then put it back in your new one.

it's not their job to stop it from working with compatible x86 cpus

Dude, you don't get it.

If you build a Kaby Lake/Ryzen machine and install XP in it, it'll will update without any problems.

If you take the same computer ans install Vista, it will also update without issues.

But they added a CPU check on Windows 7 and 8.1 so people can't update it through Windows Update in new machines. Its an artificial lock to move people to Windows 10.

stop using windows

>Installadoodiddly Gentooladoodlediddlydally

It's pretty OK for the neo-Sup Forums because the neo-Sup Forums actually consists of pajeets and gaymers, the generation grown up on iPads and other monkey-tier toys. There're no more nerd-tier memes like the "install Gentoo" meme, because nowadays it's NP-hard even for a Sup Forums habitue to use Gentoo as a primary OS on a daily basis.

Fedora Linux 25 with GNOME 3.22 on Wayland doesn't have this problem.

Actually a genuinely interesting video

KEKED

There's a slight difference between not supporting something and intentionally breaking support for it.

time to upgrade!

would WSUS still work in this case?

no, microsoft shill-san

This is why I use GNU/Linux
I never experienced this kind of problems
My Ryzen 7 and RX480 works just as well as my Pentium 3 and TNT2

all of Microsoft s updates are just spyware anyway

don't ever do that again

XDDDDDD XDDDDDDD XDDDDDD

>using a botnet
Fuck off. Die in a bus fire, you gay anal homo faggot guinea millennial KIKE.

They couldn't get you to fall for the Intel change a socket every month scam so they began forcing it.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAA

We're so fucked. You know... Funny enough... Year of the Linux might actually happen.

It was always a joke, but at this rate... Why not?

>not sure if stupid or baiting or both.

Why would Windows 9x have that problem when DOS doesn't?

Nice shitpost dude :^)

>not just using 10

you're literally using 7 and still, or at least were, installing random bullshit from the same company that make spywareOS 10.

do you dipshits literally think 7 is somehow exempt somehow from M$ jewry?