I hate programming, please help

i hate programming, please help..........................

The Payroll Department keeps a list of employee information for each pay period in a text file, The format of each line of the file is the following:

, , , ,

(this is called a CSV file, comma separated value).

is a string (it might look numeric)
is a string (it might contain spaces)
is a string (it might contain spaces)
is a float
is an integer

Write a program that inputs a filename form the user and prints to the terminal a report of the wages paid to the employees for the given period. The report should be in tabular format with the appropriate header. Each line should contain an employee's full name (first name last name), the hours worked, and the wages paid for that period.

Use this "employees.csv" in a new window to test your program.

file includes:
123456, del rio, robert, 30.00, 24
123457, batista, olive, 20.00, 48
123434, chapper, kelly, 15.00, 50
324556, philip, zenob, 20.00, 30
674764, presum, trace, 32.50, 16
354635, magabi, hayman, 45.25, 45

sage

egas

>The Payroll Department keeps a list of employee information for each pay period in a text file
why the fuck are you working for a company that does this?

its a programming class lol

He copied and pasted it from his homework

OP that's literally the easiest thing ever. It doesn't even require problem doing skills

easy if you're a good programmer
i dont program ever

sageegas

i mean i worked in michelin star, i could say making a tart or homemade bread is incredibly easy . most likely would not be for someone who has no cooking skills

Here you go OP:

i'm bored too

You do realize there is a website where you can pass the file and generate the code you need in a myriad of languages right?

You could've done your entire stupid assignment in 2 seconds just through a file upload but you're even too incompetent to do a web search

link me big ego

>Using google is hard
You're beyond incompetent

oh ok thanks, hope you're making millions of dollars and providing for your family with your competence

This is easy shit. Ask the CS guys at your uni.

due 2morrow .chipping away though . my code is gonna look retarded but as long as it gets the job done

If you can't do something this simple you should just drop out of your school now and stop wasting your time and money

agreed but i wont

What language OP?

If c# or Java I can do your homework in 10min

ps. i pay 200$ per semester

python. thx though

but you should
programming is fine if you love it.
if you hate it...seriously drop it asap.

can't, gotta stay above 12 credits if i wanna keep paying 200$ per semester . murrica

literally have a 98 as a grade in the class right now, just been working all day my brain is mush and this is due tomorrow at noon. this is intro

Sheeeit.

Well basically you need to read line by line and delimit each line by a comma. Each string can be then assigned to a variable. After that you just do calculations for the pay and concatenate some strings. in a tabular format.

You got this dude.

I would first look up how to read a CSV in Python.

currently reading one of those pages, thx for the guidance . all i needed

Why the fuck in the name of the Lord would you put using namespace std; if you are NOT using nothing from std?
Why even pretend it to be c++ if you are only using c functions?

programmers have the biggest egos online, its so lovely to see
no different from the kitchen

this completely
OP its retards like you that make me wonder how competent the entire industry is, because there are too many of you taking CS classes and somehow passing anyway. is this the norm guys? someone fill me in

you're not filled into anything
you're sitting isolated in a dark room doing nothing to affect the outside world. u are tricking urself into thinking ur smarter than others and thats okay my friend. *patpat*

because a random tutorial told him so

>Big companies become reliant on tech
>Those IT guys are damn too expensive
>Lower the costs massively by lowering the standards to the point there's massive supply of helpless retards + massive importation of pajeets
Only way out is making your own successful product, get to it my friend

yea you guys got it rough

someone is paying your electricity though, if it isnt you. you should call your mom a retard for not knowing how to code hahaha