Intel Management Engine

Sup Forums is right Sup Forums

We can uncover the dark truths of Intel's Active Management Technology. Let's work together to unmask the beast within and shine a pure light of knowledge and freedom on this forsaken world.

What say you?

Other urls found in this thread:

puri.sm/posts/neutralizing-intel-management-engine-on-librem-laptops/
schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/10/bypassing_intel.html
hardenedlinux.github.io/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Intel Management Engine
AMD Ryzen R7 1700 with SMT doesn't have this problem.

Lel

>Odin's Eye

it's faggotry, he forgot all about Odin's ravens

so is it all bullshit roleplaying or what?

It's sad that no one really cares about this although it's probably the biggest leak in all just because people are technologically retarded.

One thread archived already and this one is live with links to the other...it looks like it might be legit news

Don't you still need physical access to the machine at some point for ME to be invoked?

I'll create the logo.

puri.sm/posts/neutralizing-intel-management-engine-on-librem-laptops/

So, is VIA's CPUs free from the scourge? Taiwan doesn't seem so bad to me. Yet.

oh yeah because intel HAS only one backdoor
right?
RIGHT?
schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/10/bypassing_intel.html

in case you dont recognise this "bug" this is the very same bug we found from the cia leaks that apple has on their iphone.. descibing the very same attack using the very same tools on a 2 totally different approach on the matter..

>no one cares
It's been a topic of discussion on this board for many years, friend. People have been working on disabling ME for some time now.
hardenedlinux.github.io/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html

we already exposed this as a probable LARPer in the other shit thread you made about this that's still up since the only "proof" he provided was a supposed W-2 form with Intel on it that any shithead intern or janitor could come up with.

this shit is old news, we know it exists and have discussed it to death

AMD masterrace.

amd has a management engine too

It's happening...

totally legit brah

What if they're twiddling bits in the TCP packet headers and whatnot? You could communicate (at the rate of maybe a few bits a packet, there are some flags etc which are obsolete but passed on faithfully) well enough for text terminal type activities even if it wasn't high-bandwidth suitable for VNC and the like.

Perfect for loading implants, etc. And just like a Unix server at the University paired with your home computer in the 1990s, you can leave all the files on the target machine except the critical ones you want, and do all the searching etc. on the target machine either in an implant into the OS, or from the management engine itself.

I think we need to start looking at TCP and UDP header flags and shit for clues.

Incidentally I read some papers about this back in the 1990s, and it was a redpill back then, but now? Who knows about now.

Another thing, maybe they can turn on your wifi or bluetooth and communicate with a nearby computer? Say a neighbor gets infected, and the low-bitrate connected (through my theory above) management engine learns there's a close enough computer with a high-bandwidth connection and simply talks over the radio to the other machine, which then uses its cable modem or whatever to provide enough bandwidth for VNC and high volume file extraction or implantation.

Lots of wifi out there doing who knows what...

That's pretty much bullshit. I didn't the the full spec, but that's super unlikely

t. works in a dev team that has to do with IME in a bigger company which produces a lot of mainboards...

Yes it does.

AMD is also an American company and has to hold to the same laws.

Odin eye did get mentioned on the brokers list not so long ago
Interesting thread

>same laws
and those would be?

secret laws are a thing now

what? please elaborate
I'm an euro so not familiar with burger practice but I can tell you that there are no laws in place here that aren't published in the Official Gazette of the Republic

Isn't this the secret executive orders? And only the president can sign them.

The one that says you have to let the NSA fuck you in the butt, and are not allowed to disclose that.

Nothing that comes from an American company can be trusted not to be compromised.

google AMD PSP

This. Buy VIA.

Hi CIA!

>nothing substantial

see it on a positive side: imagine what scientist can do with all that data collected in 500 or 1000 years. there will be books written about us.

haven't researches already brake Intel ME?

I remember this is pretty old news

This is actually entirely wrong, not to say there are no backdoors in Intel and AMD chips overall, but this one is just pure FUD abusing buzzwords that people don't understand

>Sup Forums is right
Opinion discarded.