Best VPN

What would be the best VPN preferably free, and what do you guys use?

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytoolsio.github.io/privacytools.io/#vpn
opendns.com/about/innovations/dnscrypt/
forum.hashkiller.co.uk/topic-view.aspx?t=2715
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

privacytoolsio.github.io/privacytools.io/#vpn

>preferably free
>Best VPN
Newfag detected

There are no VPNs on this planet that are free.

If a VPN is free then it's defeating the purpose of a VPN

This. All the "free" ones sell your data and will happily comply with any requests from the government.

Host your own. I'm thinking about getting a few battery banks and raspberry pi and hiding the pi in a bathroom of a cafe with public WiFi and using DNSCrypt with OpenVPN and going back occasionally to swap the battery bank with a fully charged one.

That idea is so fucking retarded, literally any faggot could come infect your raspi and sniff your traffic and ip.

opendns.com/about/innovations/dnscrypt/
See
>Why DNSCrypt is so significant

$2.5/month Vultr VPS + OpenVPN script

When someone has hardware access to your computer you're fucked.

I suppose you could make a script which detects new devices (monitor, USB, etc) and then wipes the device.

Explain how they will have "hardware access" to my pi when it's hidden in the bathroom ceiling. No one would know it was there let alone try to hack it.

Well, it doesn't even have to be public WiFi, I could just crack some random person's network and hide it in a waterproof box in the bushes with a couple of rocks on top of it.

>No one would know it was there

Sure, tell yourself that? Can you really trust anyone, even yourself? I don't think you're paranoid enough to need to run a VPN

No battery pack would have the pi last even a week. You need a wall plug

In order to set up a VPN you need to forward ports for which you need access to the modem. Granted 50% of the time it's just the root/password or something login but it's a problem

I'm a realist not a paranoid schizophrenic. Most people don't even know how to check logs let alone triangulate wireless frequencies.

>what is wake on lan

>what is wardriving

True, but they could always inform someone who does know.

That's if they find it. Who the fuck goes outside and randomly digs holes in the ground?

Well tell me what is wardriving?

>what is google

You. People like you. You aren't the first one who came up with that shit.

That's not really helpful. How is it going to help you avoid the port forwarding problem?

The odds of someone like me finding it are millions to one. I'll take my chances.

>keep driving around until you find a network that can be cracked and has access to router/modem admin page
Most people don't change any of their passwords I've found, and most networks are crackable in a couple of days.
>what is GPU rig
>how to hack wifi

It's not easy to crack wifi anymore unless it has WPS. Back in the day you could open a WEP in an hour but WPA2 is virtually unbreakable. Your best bet is indeed an unprotected network with unchanged login for modem.

So what when they find out? You can encrypt the connection between you and your rpi but they'll still be able to locate you easily

You overestimate your uniqueness. You are not so special. People are much more similar than you assume, besides if someone notices you doing something suspicious, it draws curiosity.

Like I said most people don't change their default passwords.
>what is default-keyspace
forum.hashkiller.co.uk/topic-view.aspx?t=2715

With my rig I can crack 2-9a-f len10 in 2 days, and have done before.

>what is night time
>what is discreet location
>what is common sense
>what is spoonfeeding skiddy shit to tech-babbys

>what is night time
>what is discreet location

Well exactly, you are basically begging to be followed around.

Fuck it I'm gonna go full Watch Dogs mode and attach my pi setup with some automated scripts in a waterproof box to a waterproof drone, fly it to some fucker's house and leave it on their roof. The only problem then is automating scripts to connect to the network; cracking WPS will be no problem but WPA2 will be since I can't crack a handshake on a pi it will take a lifetime. Maybe I could put my sexy 24dbi antenna in the back of my car and do it from a distance before deploying the pi-drone.

tunnelr

>free
None. Other than that, Cyberghost is pretty solid.

>Free
This means you are the product, go for a paid VPN.

Riseup.net, but you need an invite. Good luck with that.

Astrill is only like 6$ and is by far the best VPN I've ever used. Just be aware that if you're on Arch it's not officially supported, installation via the AUR won't work, and making the package on your own and getting it to work is essentially trial and error.

If you're on windows or using a .deb or .rpm distro you're good though.

VPS in eastern europe running Shadowsocks and OpenVpn

Nothing is free. If a VPN is "free" it's because you're the product.

>preferably free
and i'd like a girlfriend

anyone else use airvpn? did i pick the wrong one?

So your credit card statement shows you're subscribing to a VPN service? Sounds like a good way to bring attention to yourself; the ol' "What are you hiding??"

> best VPN
> free