Tech brands you don't trust despite never owning any of their products

Tech brands you don't trust despite never owning any of their products.
>Diablotek

Other urls found in this thread:

backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-benchmark-stats-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seagate

AMD

Microsoft

Apple

Any cheap no name PSU made in china

Rosewill

Samsung

Assrock

Weyland Yutani

This

Who?

Corsair

Anything Seagate or WD equals trash for me.

HEDEN

someone redpill me on diablotek

HP. Literally everything HP I've ever had has been utter shit. Never again.

Acer
Not
in
my
house!

gigabyte

msi

my friend owned an msi motherboard.

fucking lenovo

> to change the battery on my tablet i have to remove every single fucking component including speakers, motherboard, antennas and the volume button

I subscribe to this.
Also I don't service any HP machine. These things are bombs

IBM

Really I loved my lenovo laptop so far

I've had a power source and 2 HDDs from Seagate, all burned, the power source didnt even work to begin with. Disgusting. Never again.

Asrock

>i can't even read the OP

any brand mentioned in csg

This, and Sweex

Ahh, now it makes sense. So it's another Sup Forums thread about discussing things you know nothing about.

Ik heb een trust toetsenbord met witte Alps schakelaars.

Acer

Asus

Only perfect answer here tbqh

MSI motherboards.

I have owned one, it was a disaster.

Since then, given they are generally rated here and other places, I've thought maybe I was being a bit hasty.

But every time I hear of a motherboard going bang, being fussy about approved suppliers or some random cheaping out in areas you'd never think to double check (USB controller chips, that kind of thing), its MSI.

>have 4 seagate drives in my server
>only have 2 now
>2 failed and make clicking noises

Acer
Aerocool
Alphacool
Apple
AsRock
Corsair
Deltaco
D-Link
FSP
HEC
HP
Intel
LC-Power
Linksys
nVidia
OCZ
Powercolor
Razer
Rosewill
Sapphire
Telewell
TP-Link
TRUST
ZyXEL

With most of them I have had the displeasure to use their products, but haven't put any money towards specifically getting anything from most of these brands.

Apple and MSI.

There's so many mainstream brands people have listed it makes me wonder how they've never used any of their products. I've used many different things from a lot of different brands.

Asrock

OCZ

After them creating couple of generations of SSDs that had a retarded high +10% failure rate, I can never trust that brand again.
I think they were bought by someone after that SSD fiasco though.

Intel

I dunno senpai, my Vertex 4 has been going strong for over 4.5 years. I bought it at the time because it had one of the best warranties (5 years) and topped the consumer benchmarks for ages until Samsung dethroned them. Indilinx & Indilinx 2 were some good shit. Now that Toshiba owns them I'll never buy from OCZ again. I don't really have a reason to buy anything other than a Samsung 8xx/9xx though.

>durr HURR my ssd still works, see It's a non-issue
What a retard. OCZ SSDs have a high failure rate compared to other brands.

What would you get in place of those?

-ECS
-Biostar
-Asrock
-Aerocool
-G.Skill
-XFX
-PNY
-Genius
-Razer
-Cooler Master's, Enermax's and Corsair's AIO Cooling Systems

What's wrong with Acer?

MediaTeK

HP Enterprise stuff is great.

Top of the line garbage builders:
- Acer
- MEDION
- MSI (Mainboards)
- MS-Tech
- Seagate
- Sweex
- Trust

A few select product lines had higher failure rates, AGI3/AGI4 and VTX4 were not among them. The same has happened to more or less every storage company, many have even gone on to become memetic such as the Hitachi DeathStar. (Which didn't manage to stop HGST from rising to the top of their field.) An aborted fetus of a product is not a valid reason to shit on an entire consumer electronics brand. Furthermore it wasn't "a couple of generations", the only drives that ever had problems were their first generation of Indilinx products. (Barring a SandForce firmware bug that affected every other SSD manufacturer using that chipset.)

Go suck on a tailpipe faggot.

Pisspoor quality, cutting corners everywhere. I have yet to come across a segment where Acer offers anything even remotely competent.

I've owned nearly every manufacturer's shit

Acer
Trust
Adata
Asrock

Fuck off back to Sup Forums, double nigger.

You guys are making me nervous about my MSI mobo.

Same

shit
I want to buy a NAS disk like the Seagate Ironwolfs.
How fucked am I?

My 250gb Agility 3 still going strong i have also had and ocz psu that lasted 6 years.

Dell

gembird

Confirmation bias. I read reports of faulty motherboards from all different manufacturers all the time. There's a lot to go wrong with a motherboard, and it frequently does. Personally, I stick to Asus because their UEFI implementation is the best, but I still read plenty of people complaining about dead/faulty Asus boards.

Razer
asrock
I don't even know why I don't trust the ones below. The two above are either really hated by many, or I know someone who has awful experiences with those products.
Raijintek
Adata
Mushkin
geil
Team

ASUS (cheap motherboards)
Enermax
Genius
Acer
OCZ
Any cheap WD brand.

>2005+12
>buying a non 80 plus PSU
literally why?

literally made by the devil.

>brands
It literally doesn't matter, the base components are all manufactured in the same company.

Razer

Asus

It got bought by Toshiba and is significantly more reliable now.

Asus isn't in that list, that can only mean two things.

1. You're a dumb nigger who bought Asus trash.
2. You're dumb and you trust Asus products even though you have no experience with them.

Asrock

EVGA and XFX GPUs, I've been browsing overclocker forums for years and every new GPU line up they always fuck up somewhere.

EVGA always cheaps out and releases half working GPUs, this gen with Pascal shitty VMR blowing up and last gen with Maxwell poor Power Phases that could barely deliver enough power to the GPU to work at factory clocks, I remember one guy in overclock.net having a EVGA GTX970 and battlign agaisn't for a whole year, then when told that EVGA GPUs were shit he defended them to his last breath even when shows EVGAs own forum posts about the low quality components used in the cards he refused to face the truth, he would tell newcomers looking to buy a GPU to buy EVGA and then would do so and later they would come back crying because it turned out to be shit.

XFX makes good quality products and their PCBs are good but only for the first batches, which matter the more for reviews and marketing. Later they cheap out and start using low quality components.

Surprisingly EVGA has a cult following in reddit.

I shouldn't have come here, now I can't trust anything

Who exactly should one buy a gtx1070 from then? Not Zotac for sure. Definitely not PNY.

Why exactly is EVGA so bad, aside from just saying they're bad?

This is not a 'don't bully EVGA' post but I would like PROOFS.

Apple
AMD

Last time I checked in the US the Asus Strix was the best 1070 and unironically Zoatc AMP Extreme series and Galax are the best but hard to find in the US.

Gigabyte is always good for Nvidia GPUs.

If you want proofs go check any of the "GPU clubs" threads in the overclock net forums, that if youre willing to read over 1000 pages

Wait so are we talking about the GPUs in general or just the overclocking aspects?

Overclocking is part of the GPU user.

Acer monitors are good

EVGA quality-wise is middle of the pack. Their pascal cards are a step up from their maxwell line up though i've gotta say, even with the VRM support.

Generally, it goes buy EVGA if you want top-tier customer support. Buy MSI Gaming/Asus Strix if you want the coolest/silent cards. If you want cuhrazy clocks, go with one of those insanely clocked Zotac cards. I've also heard good things about Gainward but I can't attest to it.

Oh, and if you happen to live in Europe, get Palit.

Let me be more specific. Are you talking about instability with boost clock functionality or overclocking after the fact above and beyond that?

ASUS

Overclocking capabilities are part of the package user which in Nvidia BOOST case would be power limit set in the BIOS and the hardware capable of delivering the power needed.

There's no point in having a Power Limit of 250watts if the hardware can't actually deliver the power, such as was the case with vary EVGA Maxwell GPUs.

By the way, the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 had a power limit of 280 watts and the actual hardware capable of delivering it, it was a beast and at the first try to, their 980Tis are beasts too and they overclock really good too.

Sadly, lately Gigabyte has been having a identity crisis releasing a bunch of SKUs like Extreme and the fuck, wish they would go back to their Windforce for cheap(which are actually good) and G1 Gaming for better high end products.
Even Windforce cards overclock as good as G1 Gaming cards.

So pretty much all of them...

Ik zou dat toetsenbord niet trust-en.

>Apple, Razer, Sailfish thing
>chinese no name brands

Had their board accidentaly, it was fine. I would probably be more afraid of MSI, people tell me stories of boards bricked when flashing with their official app. but probably serviceable too, if you don't OC and do other stuff that can fry boards/VRMs.

Razer, i bought a keyboard from them back in 2012 and 3 weeks after buying it the backlight would randomly shutoff and would not turn back on even if unplugged and replugged. I contacted razer and they agreed to look at it but i had to ship it to them at my expense. They sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it and i had to pay shipping back + import fees on something i had already paid taxes on. To top it all off the fucking thing was greasy as shit and filthy coming back from razer. Never buying their garbage ever again.

I would generally not trust any of these fairly newfag companies that appeared out of nowhere, started to offer shit gaming peripherals and accessories and hardware made by contract ODMs and pretends how it is a big reputable brand. So many of them exist now, and mostly everybody tries to make gaiming goods.

Sapphire is based. Did you have problems with their products?

I own an RX 460 4GB. Its clocked higher than any other RX 460 and it OC's to like 1350mhz, memory OC's to 8008mhz easily, the card is hyper quiet and stays below 45C under max load. It also has nice aesthetics and cost the same as other brand's 2GB versions.

Honestly i've had a great first experience with Sapphire.

Seagate is worse right now, it seems. backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-benchmark-stats-2016/

literally bricked a sandy bridge i5 2500 board two weeks ago with their update utility on a fresh install of windows 7

trash boards

Everybody has a story about how they used some motherboard and something went wrong with it and so they're never going to buy that brand again, for every brand.

at least with gigabyte if you fuck over your bios you have a dual bios switch so you can at least attempt to fix the old one

plus, back in the day these sandy bridge boards were having issues with QC. They were soldering the back of the ram slots together and people were having random bootloops at times.

They're also moving out of the high end overclocking scene real quick, at least on the AM4 socket.

>MSI Phenom II board "Military Grade Hardware"
>blows caps
>replace it
>bios looses settings every reboot replacing batteries/cleaning contacts does nothing
>Cheap BIOSTAR still kicking 5+ years later

This.

Apple.
Most phone companies except Nokia and Motorola.
HP when it comes to laptops.

>Tfw i have about 20 HP laptops that died from overheating and clients never bothered to pick them up

Why is it so hard to add proper cooling? planned obsolesce?

My HP All in one PC is working really well tho.

I have a XFX R9 270X and it has been working really well for the for two years now.

You complain about that?

Let me tell you about Acer V5 laptops.

>In order to enter BIOS you have to boot into windows and make it reset to recovery mode/advanced mode
>And do it again to boot to a USB since you cant change boot order
Why? Keyboard and USB ports are disabled on boot.
>Secure boot cant be turned off unless BIOS has a password
>There is no boot manager since Keyboard doesn't work when you turn it on
>Fucking CMOS battery is under the palm rest but you need to fully disassemble it to reach it

And its a fucking problem if you need to reinstall windows.
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

There's no way to know if these branded coolers are good.

>Aluminium
>No cooper at all
They are bad.