Is there any use for brainfuck?

Is there any use for brainfuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

niac.usra.edu/files/studies/final_report/883Toth-Fejel.pdf
github.com/HexHive/printbf
karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's literally my fetish

Are there brainfuck interpreters written in brainfuck?

good for code golf

great for making hacks for CSGO

Yep

No. It was not designed to actually be used, but rather, just to see what the smallest programming language one could make is.

Who knows

Teaches you to think in terms of simple operations when programming. It's kind of like a Turing machine, and kind of like assembly programming, so I guess getting good at brainfuck could help with either of those.

It's also a pretty simple language to implement, so if you have some esoteric language or platform, writing a brainfuck interpreter or compiler in it can be a good challenge.

Actually brainfuck might be a good language to teach basic AIs to write via machine learning.

One of these days I'll sit down and make an interpreter for Brainfuck in Haskell, already have an idea how I'm gonna do that

It has been proposed for use as a control language for nanomachines:
niac.usra.edu/files/studies/final_report/883Toth-Fejel.pdf

why not use printf as turing complete brainfuck interpreter?

github.com/HexHive/printbf

can't find the 32c3 presentation right now. not sure which one it was

those jpeg artifacts are really fucking my brain

It's for your own good.

Program proving

Do it.

karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/

There is a brainfuck compiler written in Brainfuck.

Does it output machine code?

It is an awesome technology demonstrator for the simplest language you can write. And simplest language kinda means simplest compiler so if you were asked to go from silicon to compiler and a few simple programs you'd know the answer.

Immediate use case is not that important in research. Most math theorems don't get practical use that much until they solve a very important problem in some application.

no, it outputs brainfuck

godspeed magnificent motherfucker

> Not installing a fork of gentoo rewritten entirely in brainfuck

plebeians get out