The city of Intel tears

>the city of Intel tears

Other urls found in this thread:

octopart.com/ntmfs4c09nt1g-on semiconductor-26105567
octopart.com/search?q=4C10N mosfet
octopart.com/search?q=mosfet 4C06N
digikey.com/product-detail/en/vishay-siliconix/SIRA12DP-T1-GE3/SIRA12DP-T1-GE3CT-ND/3178384
octopart.com/csd87350q5d-texas instruments-19874993
octopart.com/ir3553mtrpbf-infineon-65873046
octopart.com/search?q=IR3555
octopart.com/search?q=ISL95712
octopart.com/ir35201mtrpbf-international rectifier-73098642
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that is not the 1600x

shilled by NewEgg itself ? wow

Because it's not released yet.

Really wondering wether I should get a 1700 or wait for a 1600x. With tax and all it would probably cost 280 Eu and that model doesn't even have a cooler included.

>3.0Ghz
>best for gaming
I dont get it.

of course you don't get it if you think CPU freq means anything in a vacuum

I just know that for gaming single cpu performance right now is more important.

What motherboard do I get for Ryzen?

One with an AM4+ socket.

How high can this clock to on average? Disregarding the turbo really, I'm sure it can clock to higher on even its stock fan.

Avoid Anus like plague.

Anything but assus

MSI is alright?

Is MSI or Gigabyte ok? I want the Gaming-5 or the Titanium

I'll plug your socket user

What are these things OCing to

Get the B350 Tomahawk

Also megagigabyte. If I remember right MSI will have A-XMP soon for Ryzen. Maybe they already have it, haven't checked.

too bad all the reviews and benchmarks so far have been fucking disappointing..
get a 7700k for the same price and you'll be better served.

4ghz like the others.

MSI, Gigabyte, and Asrock, are the only motherboard makers trying to earn your money if you buy an AMD chip. Asus could give a shit about you but they'll gladly charge you for the privilege of owning an Asus motherboard. If you're lucky they won't even brick your motherboard.

What's wrong with Asus? I thought their motherboards where generally considered to be some of the best?

If it's on an Intel chipset they're pretty good.

That's sad

>tfw it OCs to 4GHz with the fucking stock cooler

Thank you anons. Looking at other motherboards.

Convince me to not buy the 1800x despite knowing the 1700 is the better value option. I'll be buying a fat cooler or an AIO watercooler regardless.

So which is the best ryzen to buy for a poorfag?

R5 or R3 (neither are out yet)

i have the gaming 5 and it has been working great. so far at least. running bios f5d with a gskill 16gb 2x8gb cas 14 3000mhz single rank samsung kit.

Bottom tier R5, 4 core, 8 thread, for 170 burgers. A B350 motherboard for 90 bucks that also lets you overclock it.

Intel charges ten dollars more for a two core four threaded i3.

Some managed to push 4.0 on the stock fan, but generally it's around 3.9GHz on 130W+ cooler

Why? Unless you're not planning on overclocking the X models are a good choice.

Don't B350 all oc?

They do, but not all B350 chipsets will have an adequate power phase design for overclocking. So make sure you look at what you want, versus what you can expect.

How do I find out? I was considering the R5 1400 with the $79 MSI mobo, and only moderately overclocking.

I would spend a touch more and get the PCmate B350 over the gamer series.

It looks like better phase changes and capacitors for a better overclock.

They're good. For Intel
AMD (and especially AM4), they're shipping motherboards that require a prereleased RYZEN chip in order to update your BIOS. DOA before you even began. Also hear they have the 1.5v problem.

>PCmate B350
who the hell comes up with this names?

Oh nice! By chance are you using an m.2 drive with that mobo? I've been worried about the placement on it.

don't forgot going over 1.2v's on the SOC voltage also brings back the bricking issue prior to 0902. where anything higher than 1.0v's caused the "bios is updating" upon reboot randomly when no flash was done. bricking the board because of it.

I need mATX though. Do they have that form factor?

i am. i'm using a samsung 950 pro 512gb and like you i was concerned as well but it works just fine. with my room being ~~26c and when my 1080 ftw is under load during a long gaming session the 950 doesn't go above 60c. the drive doesn't start throttling till it reaches 70c so its all good.

Then it should be fine, but I would suggest the B350m Mortar. Power phases and chokes are hugher quality for a better overclock that will last longer.

I would rather have a comfy friendly meme name.

They make the Tomahawk and Mortar with military themed packaging.

Rock on! Thanks man! I'll get one assuming I can find one haha

Any advice for when it arrives?

>Comparing GHz across architectures
>Comparing GHz at all

>is there ryzen 1900?
>is there ryzen 2000?

please stop animeposting

just update to the latest bios on your first post. pretty much with ryzen in general always update to the latest bios. oh, and make sure your ram kit is a single rank samsung chip based kit. virtually ANY gskill cas 14-14-14-34 3000 - 3200mhz 16gb (2x8) kit. trust me, it will make your life easier. if you need a 32gb kit, pick up a 4x8 cas 14 3000 - 3200mhz gskill kit because it will be single rank samsung. it will still be limited to 2666mhz since ryzen it limited to 2666mhz with 4x8 configurations, but you can at least run it as a 16gb 2x8 at 3000-3200mhz until amd improves memory frequencies (which they stated). also don't get ANY 2x16gb 32gb kit. ALL 16gb modules are dual rank and limited to 2666mhz unless you up the BCLK (which has its own problems), and ryzen HATES dual rank memory. samsung dual rank are better than hynix, but ryzen still hates it. just hates it a little less.

oh and when going above 2666mhz, all cas latencies have to be EVEN numbers, not odd. so no cas 15. ryzen will make it cas 16 instead. another reason to avoid hynix kits like shitty ass corsair (since nearly all corsair kits are hynix, even their overpriced garbage domintor series) because hynix likes ODD numbers, not even like samsung.

whats the point of getting a X370 if you can OC on a b350?

I'd like to build one of these R5s for around $300. I'm fucking around a bit and can only get a full build for about $490

to my knowledge, x370 are the only boards with the option of having a bclk generator, more pci-express lanes, more usb 3.1 ports, more sata ports, and multi-gpu support. now the bclk isn't inherently limited to x370, since x370 by default doesn't come with a bclk generator, but it seems like motherboard manufacturers are only tossing bclk generators on x370 boards. just like manufacturers appear to only putting on nice vrm configurations on x370 boards as well. like 6+4 - 8+4 configs instead of 4+4 / 4 + 3 seen commonly on b350 boards. granted since ryzen appears to have a ceiling of 4-4.1ghz, anything higher than 6+4 appears to be overkill. 6+4 is the icing on the cake.

msi x370 carbon - 6+4 (average nikos)
gigabyte gaming 5 and k7 - 6+4 (international rectifier power stages)
anus crosshit vi hero - 8+4 (some anus branded ones, not IR, but not nikos)
msi x370 titanium - 6 + 4 (average nikos)
asrock tachi and fatality pro - 12 + 4 (international rectifier power stages)

IR3553M are used on the gaming 5 and gaming k7. very good vrm's. the k7 does have better cooling for the vrm's since they utilize heat pipes to connect both sinks together unlike the 5 but since ryzen doesn't push the limits, at 1.4+v's on the 5, the vrm's will hover around 70-75c. so efficiency is still excellent. if you use a cooler like the nh-d15s, the active cooling from the fans will keep the vrms nice and cool, and thus lower temps.

the gaming k7 is an excellent choice from gigabyte and honestly, i recommend it over the crosshair vi hero. better vrm hardware, nearly identical hardware feature set, and similar build quality but costs less.

oh also the asrock fatality x370 gaming k4 / SLI killer is a better buy than the shitty ass asus prime x370. asrock uses a MUCH better vrm config since it too uses IR power stages.

You can get 4.25ghz on the X370 if your cooling is good enough.

>tfw the ASUS B350 MATX is the only one that goes with your colour scheme and has no red/led crap

>having a case where anything inside is visible

IT'S SHIT FOR MULTI-TASKING
REAL WORLD APPLICATIONS
AND GAMING

How could anyone want to get that one when you could get the i7 7700k for less and that is not bullshit ?

How do you even get information on power phases of mobos?

Why can't they just make more colour neutral mobos? Why does everything have to be "red gaming led" and shit?

shoo shoo dirty shill!

*chases a shekel down the street*

in ideal conditions sure
But we don't game on freshly booted machines
Hell I don't turn my computer off.
I have been on for 22 days because I had to take a gpu out for rma, prior to that I was in the 130 days uptime.
My idle load right now is around 30-40% use on a quad core.

Sure, a game may eat single core and ask for more, but being able to give it cores that are completely untouched by programs, as in assign it manually cores, and then assign the game itself 1-4 cores if not more while not effecting any programs performance is also a fairly major benefit, one I am willing to shave ~20% off the peak max fps to give me better overall

Except 7700k is more expensive. Z270 mobos aren't cheap, B350's are.

Also, why would you give money to a company that actively locks you out of overclocking just to sell you unlocked chips at a premium? Why would you support such anti-consumer behaviour when there is now an alternative?

in the case of gigabyte and asrock, they simply tell you on the product page.

in other cases, from teardowns. overclock.net has a "amd ryzen AM4 motherboard vrm" thread for this purpose.

is pretty accurate with the vrm info. nikos are pretty average and work well when kept within spec, but once out of spec, they are known for catching on fire. they're widely used on msi boards since msi is famous for cheeping out on vrms to cut cost. per 100 boards, its like 0.30 cents for a single niko vrm while its like $3.50 for a single ir3553 powerstage.

Part pricing at 1000+ quantity (so about 100 motherboards if 6+4 phase count):
On Semi 4C09N is about $0.25 each in 1000+ quantity octopart.com/ntmfs4c09nt1g-on semiconductor-26105567
On Semi 4C10N is also about that amount octopart.com/search?q=4C10N mosfet
On Semi 4C06N is about $0.30 each in 1000+ quantity octopart.com/search?q=mosfet 4C06N
NIKOS PK632BA is about $0.30 each according to a variety of Asian places (aliexpress/alibaba/ etc)
Vishay SIRA12DP (used on Gigabytes mainstream Z97 / Z170 / Z270) ~ $0.40 digikey.com/product-detail/en/vishay-siliconix/SIRA12DP-T1-GE3/SIRA12DP-T1-GE3CT-ND/3178384
Vishay SIRA18DP (used on Gigabytes mainstream Z97 / Z170 / Z270) ~ $0.40 digikey.com/product-detail/en/vishay-siliconix/SIRA12DP-T1-GE3/SIRA12DP-T1-GE3CT-ND/3178384
TI NexFET is about $2 each in 1000+ quantity octopart.com/csd87350q5d-texas instruments-19874993
IR3553 PowIRStage ~$3.50 each octopart.com/ir3553mtrpbf-infineon-65873046
IR3555 PowIRStage ~$3 each in 1000+ quantity octopart.com/search?q=IR3555
ISL95712 PWM ~ $7 octopart.com/search?q=ISL95712
IR35201 PWM ~ $3 octopart.com/ir35201mtrpbf-international rectifier-73098642

>Mobos
Kys

kek gigabyte uses shitty vrm's on their z270 boards while using the premium stuff on their x370 boards.

INTEL BTFO.

it CAN overclock, doesn't mean it should.
The stock cooler gets VERY close to thermal shutdown on a 4ghz clock, so a few weeks down the line when some dust gets in, hard shutdowns for everyone.

would rather just get a good aftermarket and be done with it.

the average chip its 3.8/3.9 ar 1.3v some of the better ones hit 4ghz at 1.3 some need to go higher.

almost all can hit 3.9 with 1.375v

Fuuuuuck. I already have Gskill 32gb 2x16 C14 memory from when I thought this was gonna be an Intel build. Am I boned? Should I attempt to return it?

He said motherboards in a sense.
Whata the big deal you faggot

don't buy anus boards, people were running better ram on gigabyte and asrock boards for some time now

I will OC as much as I can. My worry is not getting 4GHz with the 1700. My autism wouldn't take it.

I see someone unboxing an R5, but I can't seem to find a store that sells them.

They're already available on Paraguay. AMD allowed some partners to sell it before the official release date.

Asus prime x370 pro owner here.
Board came with 0504 bios.
Overclocked my r7 1700 to 3.9 @1.385 volts easily.
Ram running at rated speed of 2400mhz.

Literally no problems at all so far. I think it's just luck of the draw with most new tech like this.

I wanted the MSI board because it's $20 cheaper but it wasn't in stock so I jumped on this and it matches my black and white theme. Just need to get a new graphics card to make it complete and get rid of my 290x.

Well I find it strange too, my i5 4670k has a base clock of 3.4ghz(3.9ghz turbo) and they have the nerve to price it like that