Because of this bullshit the senate passed...

because of this bullshit the senate passed, is there a way to set up some sort of bot that will fuck with the history my ISP sees?

Other urls found in this thread:

viestintavirasto.fi/en/internettelephone/righttoatelephoneandbroadbandsubscription.html
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

>US Senate votes to let internet providers do what they have been doing for years
stop the presses

Lol get fucked Ameritards. This is the future you chose.

The House still has to pass it, and Trump still has to sign it

>drumpf
please stop

Your employer would surely spend time and money to find out what devices and what ip-s you've been using.

>imagine being this european/canadian

Assuming these things happen, I suggest crowdfunding requests for the history of every American, starting with the senators that voted for the bill. Then, make the information searchable in a database by name.

ruinmysearchhistory.com

Why the fuck wouldn't Drumpf and his Trumpanzees sign/pass a bill that they've stated they support from the beginning?

I'm sick of you faggots polluting this board with your politics-related shit.
Go fuck yourselves.

This is an objectively Sup Forums related topic. It also happens to be a result of the Trump administration and Republican party.

You can have your apoltical safespace over on Tumblr.com.

holy fucking LOL
this shit made me come out to my dad, get a pregnancy test and join isis

pro site

Use a fucking vpn with end to end encryption and quit bitching like a two year old.

/thread

Use a VPN. If you're too poor for that, run your own DNS

Fake news... nice try liberals, do you think we're stupid enough to fall for that?

r e p r e s e n t a t i v e
g o v e r n m e n t
xD

>live in the US
>Have to protect yourself from the ISP you pay for...

Suckers.

>live in the US
>have the freedom to do what you want with the things that you own
Feels good man. You're not entitled to Internet access.

>Vote Trump
>Get fucked in the ass
>Claim it's not happening as Republicans are balls deep in your anus...

America 2017.

This. Their Russian bullshit failed and they can't stop the supreme Court nomination so they're grasping for outrage straws.

>Gives ISP money so they can sell his data without paying him.

How many boots do you need to lick before you blow your load?

I can only assume you get some kind of pleasure from this?

>Their Russian bullshit failed

You do know the investigation is ongoing?

if I run pihole dns on a remote site and dnscrypt it will that make all my traffic invisible basically other than the TLD of sites visited?

>You're not entitled to Internet access.
I'm actually. Good thing I'm not American.

This should be the damn title of this thread: mememagic morons who chose anal sodomy of their privacy and open internet. Hopefully this billed can be killed in the house because dorito in chief sure as hell could care less.

Yeah and Comey should be thrown in prison for treason.

This. Internet access is a basic need in civilized countries.

In your world up is down and down is up.

Trump is the treasonous shit gibbon, not Comey.

>>Gives ISP money so they can sell his data without paying him.
>enters into a contract consensually knowing his data can be sold as a part of that contract
>complains they freely made a decision to enter such a contract
topkek

No, you're not. You are not entitled to the products of another human being. Only a slavemaster would think that they are.

>basic need
Says who?

ITT: a bunch of nice sounding words about how people *have the right* to access internet.

The issue has been resolved: use a VPN if this bothers you, or don't enter into such a service agreement that destroys your privacy.

>You are not entitled to the products of another human being.
Sorry, but I actually am.

>In Finland, everyone is entitled to obtain a reasonably priced and functioning telephone connection and at least 2 Mbps broadband to their permanent place of residence or place of business. In addition, persons with hearing and speech impairment are entitled to a telephone subscription enabling text messages and to internet access enabling videoconferencing.
viestintavirasto.fi/en/internettelephone/righttoatelephoneandbroadbandsubscription.html

USA was a mistake.

>Sorry, but I actually am.
No, you are not.

Just because a law guarantees something does not render it an objective truth of the universe. Hence, a reference to Finnish law can not be used as a well-formed MORAL argument to construct proof of an individuals entitlement to internet service.

This is the sort of clumsy logic I would expect from a European.

>Says who
My government as well as the UN. Sorry you were born fat instead of Finnish.
>Moral argument
That's not what the original argument was about. You got BTFO and are now moving goalposts. Typical Drumpfkin.

>Only a slavemaster would think that they are.
Welcome to Capitalism.

Nobody's talking about "objective truth(s) of the universe", my man, we're talking laws. Entitlement is a legal right. Set by law. Fucking Americans.

I don't care about some sort of an universal truth. Hell, there isn't even one. There are only opinions.

What I care about is the actual reality. The reality is, as I stand here, that I have the right to Internet access as dictated by the law. I also have the right to drive a regular four-wheeled vehicle under a certain mass, as I have a driver's license that gives me the right. I don't care if there is some sort of an universal moral argument to be made that no person is allowed to drive a four-wheeled vehicle.

where did this "drumpf" thing come from? if its i joke its way over my head

It's the original name for the Trump lineage hailing from Germany, before they changed it to something less dumb in America.

It is a reference to Trump's family being a relatively recent immigrant family to the USA. Drumpf was his original surname before his grandfather changed it to avoid exactly the kind of hate and discrimination Drumpf promotes against Mexican Intellectuals and Muslims.

>My government as well as the UN. Sorry you were born fat instead of Finnish.

Fortunately, your government and the UN has absolutely no say in the matter. This comment is entirely off-topic; congratulations.

>That's not what the original argument was about. You got BTFO and are now moving goalposts. Typical Drumpfkin.

"Entitlement" is a moral word. To be OWED something invokes the entire concept of property rights. No goal posts are being moved -- I just don't think you know what you are talking about.

Well, here it is not the legal right, so the statement 'I am entitled to internet service' is false. I was being gracious and assuming that the commenter was suggesting that it was morally true, i.e. the statement really meant "I am owed internet access for nothing."

>To be OWED something invokes the entire concept of property rights.
What makes you think you have any right to property?

Didn't say that I did. Just saying that the concept of an entitlement can only exist with property rights, so they are important to consider if we are speaking of entitlements.

>"I am owed internet access for nothing."
You are owed a lot of things for nothing. Like for example, not getting killed at random because someone feels like it.

So basically this is racist insult. Liberals lol

No, entitlement is a legal word. For example: I am legally granted the ability to see the doctor without being financially ruined (sorry Americans), or, in other words, I am entitled to see the doctor without being financially ruined. I am also legally granted the right to internet access, or, in other words, I am entitled to internet access.

Your country is a joke.

>>enters into a contract consensually knowing his data can be sold as a part of that contract

Nope.

When I enetered into the contrat with the ISP it was ILLEGAL for the ISP to sell my data.

Now it is legal.

Cunt.

It was not illegal you dumb fuck. Learn how to read.

my warmest thanks republicans

Are you now claiming ISPs could sell my data without my consent all along and this Bill that just passed in the Senate didn't really happen...

Many would disagree that not being murdered is an entitlement, but would rather suggest that murdering someone is a breach of some other moral law, so this is a poor example.

>No, entitlement is a legal word.
If you are using entitlement that way then your 'entitlement' is meaningless to an American. So then internet access is not an entitlement for the sake of the discussion of American law. Basically, you just tried to use semantics to get your way, and you've been caught red handed. Nice try.

Then cancel your contract. Find a competitor that offers the service you want, and stop complaining.

gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

VPNs are honeypot, always

>Then cancel your contract.

There is only one ISP in my area.

What now?

>ISP
>competitor
In most places outside big cities there's one ISP.

>stop complaining

hmm you sound like someone who has the best interests of regular people at heart

Rent a server abroad. Setup OpenVPN.

For a McJob? No.

For a real job? I wouldn't be surprised.

Who needs internet privacy anyways, what are you, liberal?

Sounds like a good business opportunity, senpai

Certainly valid arguments in the gist. You could spin up an EC2 instance and run OpenVPN in a docker container. Then you know for certain that you're fine.

>Sounds like a good business opportunity, senpai

The barriers to entry into the ISP business are so high Google can't afford to roll out nationally.

What now, "senpai"?

Yes. They could sell your data. This stupid regulation made them reveal what info and who they were selling it to. Why doesn't it bother you when Google and Facebook do this?

Secondly, this only affected fixed line ISP's. Your mobile ISP could still mine and sell your data without your permission even if the Republicans hadn't repealed this.

that's his name though isn't it?

This whole website is overrun with this shit

Google is trying to do something a little different, and you know it. Complaining about barriers to entry doesn't solve your problem.

Cloud Hosting Provider + OpenVPN. Problem solved, ~$4.99 a month. You're welcome.

>Yes. They could sell your data.

Why do you sit there lying?

> Why doesn't it bother you when Google and Facebook do this?

I don't use either.

LETS GET THIS STARTED

>Republicans

You know it isn't you colossal faggot

give up man, he's one of those corporate cocksuckers who thinks society's rightful place is under the boots of megacorp fatcats and people have no right to live in acceptable conditions when the commercial overlords want it otherwise

>Get your way
No, I'm only here to insult and laugh at retarded Americans. I'm not trying to achieve anything other than my own amusement at your mess of a country.

>The barriers to entry into the ISP business are so high Google can't afford to roll out nationally.

Wrong. They got way better deals from local municipalities than Comcast/TWC etc.

GF didn't have to build out to every single neighborhood like the other ISP's, they only built in affluent areas.

Still they failed misarably because most people don't want to pay $70/m for useless Gigabit when they could just get a more than enough 100mbit for half the price.

>says the doomed american drumpf supporter

Reminder that Trump hates net neutrality and the appointed FCC chairmen is going to axe it.

"You can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone." --Richard Stallman

>Complaining about barriers to entry doesn't solve your problem.

Complaining about facts isn't my problem?

No one can afford to enter into a competition with the sitting ISPs. New companies lack the economies of scale in a mature market place.

>Cloud Hosting Provider + OpenVPN. Problem solved, ~$4.99 a month.

So, we now have to pay more for our privacy... something that was protected by law, for free.

Republicans... justifying the unjustifiable since Ronald Reagan began fucking the country in the ass,

The bums lost Mr. Stallman

Google fiber failed because they were blocked from rolling out to the cities where it was actually wanted. No one gives a shit about internet speed in Kansas City; people do give a shit about internet speed in non-flyover states. The same states that Google was blocked from.

>Wrong. They got way better deals from local municipalities than Comcast/TWC etc.

The big corps had the money to lobby for those contracts. The little ISPs couldn't compete.

No, it's his original last name.

It's because Trump has narcissism, and he gets upset when people call him Donald, so people assume he'll get upset when people call him that.

I prefer mango Mussolini

>So, we now have to pay more for our privacy... something that was protected by law, for free.

It's unreasonable to expect privacy when using someone else's infrastructure. At that point, privacy is a commodity good and can be traded as such.

Wrong.

They built wherever they got good deals from municipalities.

Nobody wanted GF though, they had such a low attach rate.

[spoiler]nice set of dubs my friend, that is all.[/spoiler]

Are you illiterate or what? They were blocked, either completely or financially prohibitively, from rolling out to cities that would have adopted it. Instead they were forced to try rolling out to no-name shitholes where, unsurprisingly, the hicks that live there didn't care about fast internet. I guarantee it would have been a massive success in any relevant city.

>It's unreasonable to expect privacy when using someone else's infrastructure

The law thought it was reasonable, until it was changed by Republcians.

Republicans just traded the privacy of ALL AMERICANS, for a dollar or two...

>At that point, privacy is a commodity good and can be traded as suc

You're just a corporate boot licker.

>I don't like this president so he's a fascist! XDDD
You're precisely as retarded as the people who called Obama Hitler.

>It's unreasonable to expect privacy when using someone else's infrastructure.
Secrecy of correspondence is a thing in Europe.

>It's
>I find it
and therein lies the entire problem. Some people believe people are owed some basic decency and proper rights unconditionally. If a company wants to violate that, they should be crystal clear about it instead of being shady and hiding everything behind a wall of legalese. Also, the market has to offer proper alternatives at a reasonable price, etc, which is where the argument that basic rights should not come at a price comes up.

Basically people want to live in a society of mutual respect with corporations so we can all be happy and productive. Not to be slaves to the giant money-hoarding machine that doesn't give half a shit about respecting the people that make it work in the first place. The more corporations act as hostile forces to people, the more hostile people will be in return (see piracy or rather unauthorized copy distribution for an example)

>The law thought it was reasonable, until it was changed by Republcians.
>Republicans just traded the privacy of ALL AMERICANS, for a dollar or two...
this is why any system where the politicians are in bed with the corporations is a bad one. Your politicians act out of self-interest to get more money from their friends in the company fatcat chairs, not for the good of the general public they ought to be sworn to serve.

Just connect directly to the IP address instead of putting in website names to bypass your providers DNS server, that way they will not be able to collect any history

Or, if you wanted a non-retarded option, just use a different DNS server altogether.

PS: if we wanted to live in a place where corporations are in control and can do whatever abusive, exploitative shit they want, we'd live there. However we live in society where we have rights to protect the wannabe-utopic ideals most people have and it works fine. The problem is those greedy asshole fatcats are now making friends with the people in power to pull more and more favors so they can gradually do whatever they want more and more.

I've always thought europe to be a complete shithole and a miserable failure that only vaguely looks like its ideals (and belgium itself especially is just a fucking idiotic place), but boy, rather here than shitty burgerland. You guys really lower the bar.

you realize that
1) most OSes have DNS settings for this and
2) your ISP can still see the IP addresses you connect to and just reverse-dns them, right?

Corporations and the filthy rich etc are basically parasites feeding off what the good people do in ridiculous proportions and having the audacity to demand more.

>The law thought it was reasonable
Maybe the law was mistaken?

>You're just a corporate boot licker.
Great argument.

Good for Europe. If I have business on someone else's property, I would think it unreasonable to assume that I had privacy (unless I was specifically guaranteed that.)

I would agree that it should be clear that this behavior is happening, that way a consumer can make an informed decision regarding the kind of service they wish to pay for.

>do whatever abusive, exploitative shit they want
>waaaaaa it's not fair that other people get to decide how to use THEIR property

>>waaaaaa it's not fair that other people get to decide how to use THEIR property
>taking it out of context again
It's fair for a property owner to decide to do what they want with their stuff. It's not fair for the collective market to leave people no choice but to submit to disgusting business practices through the fact that ALL options are the same shit.

>you can either choose to be my slut, my prostitute, or my sex worker
>hey I'm giving you 3 different choices man, you should be thankful and pay me more

Plan:
- Obtain pi or small openwrt router, set up as VPN server. Connect to solar/battery power.
- Bring to starbucks / mcdonalds / public wifi AP, connect, and leave concealed
- Use this device as your new VPN

Thoughts? Retarded or feasible? Help me out here anons

There is no reason to argue with a corporate cocksucker. You are unwilling to see reason, so the only proper course of action is to insult you.

Retarded, but nice try.

The issue is that the pi or router would need a public ip address (an ip address that isn't just meaningful in the context of the local network.) It would not have one on a public wifi network.

And you are unable to make a reasonable argument.

Forcing someone to provide a service under threat of force has a name: slavery. If that's what you want, just say it.