Kaby Lake-X a joke, Intel BTFO cont

'XD' is the only proper reaction here:
videocardz.com/67610/intel-core-i7-7740k-and-asrock-x299-professional-gaming-i7-spotted

>requires X299 platform despite no additional advantages
>higher TDP and only +100MHz for the base clock
>identical number of PCIe lines as Kaby Lake-S

Those fucking people.

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/241950-intels-core-i7-7700k-reviewed-kaby-lake-debuts-desktop
overclockers.com/intel-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-review/
mvps.org/directx/articles/fps_versus_frame_time.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seriously? No one?

No intel fanboys trying to defend those crooks?

>SHITTY 4 CORE ON A HEDT SOCKET
>20-FUCKING-17
I'm so fucking glad Intel is dead.

>Professional
>Gayming
>i7
Pick 2.

i just bought a i7 7700k fuck

>m-muh single core

(hey, I tried, just not very hard)

Well I mean it's better than them not giving the option. You can use the high end boards if you want, the chips will be soldered, and the chip is physically bigger which means they will overclock extremely well. If I were sitting on a 2500k and wanted a high refresh PC I would be waiting on skylake-e chips. I think zen is the better buy for 60hz as I believe they will age better. High refresh is a totally different monster though.

Literally just overclock it to 5ghz and have better performance.

I hope you're joking.

I mean, what did you lose compared to waiting for a 7740K? Honestly?

Oh and let's not forget that both the CPU and its X platform will have a premium price tag.

>the chips will be soldered
INTEL SHILLS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS
HAHAHAHAHA

but the temps ;_;

it is 2017 and they still deliver shitty 4 cores
and people still support them

Thanks I just cancelled by ryzen r7 1800x, I'll wait for this

Intel's HEDT chips have been up to this point. What would make the new ones any different?

>another socket
>11 more watts for 100MHz bigger base clock
>no Igpu while not using that advantage for other things
holy shit intel is stupid, just not more stupid than people who buy it

>Literally just overclock it
>112w

he was replying to a 7700k post

Their excuse for not soldering last time was the die is too small. It isn't getting any larger.

Oops.

>4 (four) cores
>8 (eight) threads
>112 (one hundred and twelve) watts

If it's not soldered the chip loses one of it's primary reasons to exist. I had thought that it being soldered plus the heat overing a larger surface area as it's a bigger chip along with the general superiority of power delivery on HEDT boards would make a monster but guess not.

At least with kaby and skylake at equal IPC we wont have another 6700k/7700k vs broadwell-e situation where the broadwell E doesn't make sense because it's IPC and frequency are lower. The 6 core models should have comparable frequency to the 7700k aand be a decent choice for a high end build. That is if they price correctly. If it's like $500 or some shit I'll be shilling r7 1700s in pcbg

HOUSEFIRE

I think anyone who's going to buy this CPU on a new socket is already so far down the Intel cuckhole that they won't even care and would delid (or pay someone to delid) it anyway.

>5820k
>6 core

>6800K
>6 core

I don't understand. How do you go backwards?

dumb people will pay for it, so why not?

>buy less cores goy

The extra TDP comes from the all core turbo.
>The base clock comes in at 4.2 GHz (vs 4.0 GHz for the 6700K) and boosts a single core to 4.5 GHz, while all cores boost to 4.4 GHz.
extremetech.com/extreme/241950-intels-core-i7-7700k-reviewed-kaby-lake-debuts-desktop
overclockers.com/intel-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-review/

same boost as the 7700k, 100mhz larger base, 11 more watts even while not wasting power on the igpu

literally trash

This is the kind of desperation move I was expecting Intel to pull after Ryzen appeared.

yeah, they released 7700k again on a new socket

and there are stupid people who will sell their 6700k/7700k for that

intel could have crushed amd with some nice 8 core cheap processors, but instead they do this

Their bonuses should be the least of their worries. Job stability is in the forefront now in front of their shareholders.

>Clock Speed: 4.2 GHz
>Max Turbo Frequency (2.0): 4.5 GHz (single core), 4.4 GHz all cores

7740K will do 4.5 GHz all cores

wow, a whopping 100mhz, totally worth the 100 dollars more over the 7700k, not counting the new motherboard you'll also have to get

INTEL BTFO

so?

why would anyone buy this? what the fuck

It's more like a holdover for Cannonlake-X for users upgrading from Sandybridge/Piledriver.

why should they?
who gives a shit about amd?

>upgrade from Skylake refresh to skylake dieshrink

Jesus christ

Waitfags waiting even longer for a 1200 dollar CPU-Mobo set up? Are you crazy?

>amd is totally not a threat guys
>[sweating intensifies]

Let's sum up because I think there's some misunderstanding here and missing on the big picture:
6700K - 91W - 4.0 GHz Base - 4.2 GHz Turbo
7700K - 91W - 4.2 GHz Base - 4.5 GHz Turbo
7740K - 112W - 4.3 GHz Base - 4.5 GHz Turbo

? ? ?

How could you possibly defend this?

7740k is using more power while not even having the igpu, so they could've boosted performance a quite a bit, instead of 100mhz base

maybe they lost efficiency because they switched the pins around in a sloppy way to justify the new socket

> Intel Core i7 7740K is not just an i7 7700K refresh. This processor requires a new socket (LGA2066) and as a result, new motherboard.

Goddamit, I fucking knew Intel was going to pull that new "enthusiast" socket bullshit again.

I didn't know exactly when it was coming, but I knew it would be soon.

A new socket is bad enough, but this is just pathetic:

i7-7700K: 4C/8T 4.2GHz/4.5GHz 91W 4 Dual-channel DIMMs, onboard GPU
i7-7740K: 4C/8T 4.3GHz/4.5GHz 112W 4 Dual-channel DIMMs, NO onboard GPU

So it's a new socket with a clearly inferior processor. (OC the 7700K to 112W for a fair head-to-head comparison.)

I hope AMD takes $20 billion in revenues away from Intel this year. Intel fucking deserves it.

I mean, I COULD understand it if they pulled of some shady scam move, but this!?

Did they inhale too much 420 lmao weed? This is fucking delusional.

>112w
>Not soldered
>New expensive platform
>No upgradability
Gamers won't buy this CPU because it is just too expensive and for computing Ryzen already shits over Intel. This is DOA.

The only reason to get those is if they clock 5500 at least on OC.

Any info if this is a poor bin of the 10 cores CPU?If they don't come with anything else this is indeed doa

What went so wrong after the 5960X? :c so glad I just went with X99 when it came out. These future chips are fucking downgrades.

Kabylake-X is on the same process as Kabylake. It won't get you 5500.

Yeah man if they just come in at barely 4.0Ghz then the entire line is doa fucking garbage. But no company would shit the street that hard luckily

You forgot
>Dual channel
>on a HEDT platform

Intel is better. No questions.

oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii vvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy

Same. Picked up the 5820k 2 years ago when it was practically a joke at how "cheap" it was for what you got. Honestly, intel hasn't released anything that even approaches the 5820k from a price/performance standpoint since the 2500k. And here we are in 2017 and intel is literally releasing HEDT quad-cores. They're going backwards but I guess justifying it by its clockspeed alone? Seriously why does this thing exist?

Is that the new P4 Emergency Edition?

Fucking jewtel, I hope they crash and burn their shitty company in the wreck they've been deserving for years.

Not only because I just spent $2k on AMD shares..

Yes.

At least they rated the TDP properly this time. the 7700k puts out about 110-150w under normal use.

I hope you're joking.

5 years in a row of nearly the same exact processor and you thought
>yep, now's the time to jump on the #700k.

TDP means nothing

Look at the Ryzen CPUs
If all 8 cores are working the 1700 consumes around 160W.

This is literally longer bipelines, part deux.

>the cpu is the only part that uses power on a computer, motherboard, drives and fans don't, and i'm also not accounting for power supply efficiency
this is you

Fuck off
The 150W of the 7700k is also with the whole system without GPU.

What are you even implying?

>Twice the cores, almost the same TDP

Intel still loses big time.

>using jewtel baby kike

INTEL BTFO

so 7700k or 7740K for gayming? Please no amd spammers 7700K is more expensive but its is still better for gayming by like 3 %

the 7700k is quite shitty then, almost same power draw from the wall, while wasting almost 30 watts more on heat than the 1700

test

No the 7700k is pretty awesome but as it is is the Pinnacle of Intel 4 core CPU.
This design now is starting to get obsolete then they either do some shit that make it super fast like lots of cache and frequency or they need to do something else.

Intel focused so much in low power CPUs, and it ended delivering shitty 2 cores 4 thread I 5 mobile. They are basically cheating the game on mobile just keeping shitty CPUs with low frequency and calling it ultra efficient.

intel don't actually have fanboys. if you see someone saying ryzen is shit they are trolling. nobody actually want to pay intel money for a 4c/8t processor.

There are some seriously retarded Sup Forumsermin and GAYMURZ who think anything that doesn't let them get 100 billion FPS in whatever is out right now is garbage.

Yeah, like this idiot

I have a 240 hz monitor. I need a stable 245 fps. I don't care about multithread performance at all.

>I don't care about multithread performance at all
even if it would help in some cases? wew, why don't you turn off 3 of the cores and overclock your processor to 5.5ghz then?

Because gaymers have more cores in their PCs than they have neurons in their brains.

No you don't. 144hz is more than enough for twitch shooters. You're probably still going to get beaten by some kid with 60hz.

haha hilarious

Most games get higher fps with higher clock speed and do not scale that well with cores even with DX12

Your parents set aside that money for college in a few years time, not to waste it on some gayming computer that will be obsolete by the time you finish high school.

I don't have a 144Hz monitor but I play with Vsync OFF and I need 150+FPS all the time.

I just can't go back, even 90FPS feel like a stutterfest.

Quad cores are already bottlenecking games. Even Ryzen has better minimums than the i7 7700K, which suggests that SMT isn't a proper substitute for real cores, even on games.

>You're probably still going to get beaten by some kid with 60hz

Not that guy, but I don't care to argue whether or not going over 60hz will make you better at a game. What is important is that it feels better to play, just like it feels better to play at 60fps over 30fps.

However, I personally can't tell the difference between 120hz and 144hz, so I'm not sure how different it would feel going up to 240.

you can't see more than 60 fps on a 60hz screen

Sure thing buddy.

it's physically impossible you dumbass, you're probably only getting less screen tearing, because vsync loves screen tearing

Suuure buddy.
Keep rocking on!

>being a delusional retard on purpose

my god how do people this clueless end up on a "technology" board

At 60HZ, you are getting one frame every 16ms.

However since the frame displayed by the screen and the frame last processed by the GPU are not the same, at 60hz + 60fps the oldest possible frame is 16+16ms.

This means that even on a 60hz screen, there is an objective benefit in increasing your FPS because it means that the higher your FPS is, the closer you will get towards having a constant 16ms update. If you are at 120fps, the oldest frame will be 16+8ms; at 240fps, the oldest frame will be 16+4ms.

If you're on a 144hz screen at 144fps, the oldest possible frame will be 7+7ms = 14ms, which is a fuckload better than 32ms at 60/60.

Listen here dumbasses, 120FPS in a 60Hz monitor means you will only be seeing 120 half frames in average.

Obviously a 120Hz monitor is better but saying "You can't see more than 60FPS in a 60Hz monitor" is just a such an ignoramus comment.

Protip; When you have vsync off but still render 60FPS(lets say with a FPS limiter like Rivatuner) in a 60Hz monitor you will still get screentearing, despite the fact that a 60Hz monitor can show 60 complete frames as if, if you don't use Vsync/G-sync/freesync you will still get screentearing not matter the FPS.

DO I ALSO HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU GET SCREENTEARING EVEN THOUGH WE ARE DEALING WITH 60 FRAMES IN A 60HZ MONITOR?

the maximum it can show are 60 frames in a second, it won't be smoother if you get higher than 60 fps in game, it will only show different frames but still only 60

Doesn't matter as new frames are processed faster.

Read again

>Listen here dumbasses, 120FPS in a 60Hz monitor means you will only be seeing 120 half frames in average.

who cares if the gpu is processing frames faster? IT'S NOT GOING TO BE SMOOTHER

You must be pretending to be retarded.

I sincerely believe this now.

mvps.org/directx/articles/fps_versus_frame_time.htm

Educate yourself m8.

When will cheap Skylake i5s be a thing? I have the Z170 BIOS that lets me overclock a 6400 but every time I save the money for one, I have some emergency that I need money to fix

I've seen some benchmarks and the 6400 at 4.5Ghz matches the i7 no problems.

>>requires X299
>just an overclocked 7700K

As much as I'd love to believe Intel being this Jewish, I need some proof beyond Videocardz.

DELID THIS!

Still doesn't justify how a retard would feel smoother experience on more than 60 fps on a 60Hz screen, since that isn't talking about screens at all, and only internal processing power

nice job

>Still doesn't justify how a retard would feel smoother experience on more than 60 fps on a 60Hz screen

WOW, you really are retarded.
look up Vsync and why screentearing happens.

lmao do you somehow believe that since a 60Hz can't display more than 60 complete images it just stops showing new images or something?