Redpill me on Macs Sup Forums

Redpill me on Macs Sup Forums

Why does Google and silicon valley literally run on Apple hardware? Is Mac OS how the "big boys" get real work done? I thought Windows and Linux were the best OSes on Earth?

What the fuck is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2012/08/06/the-role-of-the-mac-at-nasa-and-jpl-is-shown-off-by-mars-curiosi/
appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/06/nasas_control_room_flooded_with_macs_during_mars_curiosity_landing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Basically they're gay pieces of absolute dogshit that constantly overheat at the slightest load.

Their only purpose is to give a signal to others you are gay hipster.

I work for that big SF cloud, macs everywhere. I'm a Linux systems engineer and I use one too. I hated it at first because I'm remote and only onsite folks can get Linux desktops. So I stuck with the mbp I was given and I like it a lot. Granted what I really like are just the few programs I use: iterm2, spectacle, and well shit those are the only OS X unique ones.

Hardware is certainly nice though, no other trackpad or nipple comes close.

I'd say due to the number of development platforms available to the Mac platform. Hard to develop for Apple crap in a Windows or Unix environment.

>why do people who write software for apple platforms need the only supported platform for writing software for apple platforms

>I thought Windows and Linux were the best OSes on Earth?

They are, Even Apple acknowledges this, that's why Apple uses only Windows to make Apple hardware.

You're definitely on to something OP....Even NASA uses Macs

engadget.com/2012/08/06/the-role-of-the-mac-at-nasa-and-jpl-is-shown-off-by-mars-curiosi/

appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/06/nasas_control_room_flooded_with_macs_during_mars_curiosity_landing

macOS is a unix environment you dumbfuck

all these wintoddlers who literally have no clue about macOS lmao

>I thought Windows and Linux were the best OSes on Earth?

lol

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

So are Macs really better or what?

They've always been the best. Only poors with $200 cum crusted thinkpads will tell you otherwise

it's shiny and just werks

>muh price
the people who work at such companies earn so much that a few hundred dollars extra isn't anything.

Macs were always trash.
Underperforming garbage for gullible technology illiterate retards.

fpbp

unix environment with outdated tools
good enough for girls and hipsters tho

You can use homebrew to get the latest versions.

Found the poor guy

the OS does not matter much, you imbecile

work is done with applications, some OS:s have better applications for certain jobs than others.

in a way, OS X has the best of both worlds, though, when it comes to desktop use. you have most of the niceties of desktop GNU/Linux, but you also have most of the relevant commercial/proprietary applications if you need any.

Found the gullible mactoddler.

Not sure if it's out of beta, but the WSL seems pretty sweet if you just need command line Linux/Unix tools and are fine with Ubuntu repositories. Of course, you gotta be fine with Win10, and I'm not sure what the situation on macOS is with regard to telemetry. Even so, that it seems there's another option besides macOS (or at least will be) with regard to all that can't be bad.

Literally the trackpad. 10/10 where the next best on any other laptop is like a 6/10 and most are 1/10. They've had this trackpad for like 10 years, I don't know how it's possible that not a single other manufacturer has even approached it in all of this fucking time.

The real answer?
>Software
>Personality
These two things are exactly why people use Windows, Mac, Linux, or Unix BSD. Its not because one is pretty, plays games, or server uptime is over a year. It is because YOU the end user is comfortable with the environment and the software the OS uses works well for you.