Stop making this thread.

It's not a thinkpad p50.

What kinda graphics card does it have?

This.

ugly carbon fibre

OP has buyers remorse

It's not to 13. Same power in a smaller, more comfortable form factor

13 inch is superior

flaw in this picture is Windows 10. Its easy to put macOS on a XPS 13.

Its a great replacement for a MBP but thats about it.

It's a laptop. That's the entire flaw.

I've had two laptops and I never had any use for their portability except when I was in Spain and I wanted to fix my cousin's laptop because his install of Windows was corrupt so I bought a laptop to download an ISO and put it on a flashdrive.

Some of us go outside though

Coilwhine

I go out every day. I do commercial refrigeration in San Francisco so I'm also constantly driving.

I really haven't seen a need to use a laptop except if I was a teenager and wanted to play games at a friends house. Other than that I use a tablet at work for work orders. This leads me to believe that if you see someone using a laptop in public then it's more of a thing that they have nothing else better to do and they might either use it as an excuse to be around people or just try to look cool. I don't know anyone who would say, per say, go to a coffee shop to work on something on their laptop. It just doesn't really happen for a pure work experience.

mobile 1050

>Webcam on the bottom of the screen
Useless

>same power
no, the 15 has a HQ processor (4c/8t) while the 13 has a U processor (2c/4t), and the 13 doesn't have dedicated gpu

Well... looks like I'm buying one then. Can't wait to play Yooka-Laylee on it!

>15"
That was hard

erm, it's not a thinkpad edge?

13 inches is just an oversized phone. i prefer to work comfortably with a 15 incher

What if you commute by train or have gaps in your schedule?

let's just say tradies like you live a 'unique' lifestyle and it isn't similar to professionals and students

Nah, 13" is more than enough. 12" is ideal.

> holy shit did they run out of gloss?
> why the 2 tone color, why not make the whole thing just black?
> why does the end of the laptop have to cone shaped and not flat?
> why the fuck arent the arrow keys normal sized?
> Also, holy shit it is WAY over glossed up

>12" is ideal
if you're 12 maybe because then you have small fingers and narrower peripheral vision.

No, for people in general. Maybe if you're blind or an ape either the screen or laptop would be too small for you but those are fringe cases.

uefi tbqh

wtfruetaymfpos?

Find a flaw? It's being sold with Windows 10.

>£1,300 starting
>doesn't even have its own OS
>trying to price like a Mac for half the product

Why do Windows OEMs get away with this?

>Generic track pad
>Shitty plastic
>Awful bottom border

>ctrl f glossy
>0 results

>Find a flaw.
Keyboard with Razer-tier shit font that feels stiff and awful. Trackpad is overly sensitive like my prostate and feels like recycled rubber, impossible to right click on. Everything else about the laptop is better than most other laptops but having a shitty keyboard and trackpad is a sin.

>t. europoor

>Generic track pad
arguably the best trackpad besides macshit

>Shitty plastic
nothing about this laptop is plastic

>Awful bottom border
16:9

Tell em right fuckas.

>16:9 is the reason the bottom bezel is fucking massive
You're dumb.

>2015
there's your problem.

>TRRS jack
How is this a con?

the buttcrack line in the touchpad, as well as muh carbon fiber racing car texture lmao

lol urite

Placement of webcam.

/thread

Ok 16:9 & webcam placement. Happy?

You can get matte screen

The keyboard is OK

The trackpad is the best of any in Windows

Absolut nothing wrong with the hinge and it is hyuge making even more sturdy

Two finger touch right click is superior

No. The webcam's in the bottom bezel because they wanted the top to be tiny.

At the cost of also increasing the size of the bottom bezel???

Clearly

>microgamma
>shit font

leave

I am a professional.

And students have school hours to work on their essays. Or when they're home.

>duct monkey
>thinks he has an opinion on a technology board

if we wanted to discuss different types of fasteners or other meaningless lower class tier shit we would ask.

it's heavy

>so I bought a laptop to download an ISO and put it on a flashdrive.
>not just using your smart phone

implying my career choice makes me a monkey.

I've been deving for years but with no results because it was just hobby work. And if you want to play that game, I work with COMMERCIAL refrigeration which all have boards and electronic pieces. And fasteners? Are you sure you know what you're getting into user?

I tried to use my phone to download an ISO but I was using some shit tier internet and my cousin's laptop wouldn't detect my phone mounting the ISO. And it was a good excuse to get a new laptop with the opposite side of hardware.

He's right about the trackpad, why did Dell opt for fucking Synaptic instead of MS precision for such an expensive laptop is beyond me.

Are you retarded or do you live in a cave? The trackpad IS a precision trackpad.

Then Dell is even more retarded because there more premium laptop the 13 R3 is only Synaptic.

They could have moved the panel as close to the hinge as possible and had the webcam at the top. The actual footprint of the laptop would remain identical. But no, they went fully form over function just to make the top bezel look slim like the side ones.

The XPS 15 is such a dogshit laptop, I can't believe people pay over $1,000 for a heavily depreciating Windows machine alone.

>carrying about webcam placement
Shiggy

>muh depreciating value
guarantee no one is thinking about selling this shit later on. Only reason macbooks sell for so much afterwords is because people are sheep.

this is the font on the new one

>Only reason macbooks sell for so much afterwords is because people are sheep.

Its because they're still useful by the time you want to sell it. What is this 'sheep' shit? Pretty funny to try that on Sup Forums, the home of 'did I DO GOOD GUYS/GUISE SHOULD i BUY THIS?!'.

Out of a MacBook and a Windows machine which originally cost around the same 5 years ago, the MacBook smokes it in performance on shipped operating system and latest supported OS. The market isn't dumb, you're not smart.

>smokes it in performance
Confirmed for retard. PC laptop performance doesn't decrease anymore than macshit. Exactly the type of unsubstantiated claims that cause people to call macfags sheeple.

>PC laptop performance doesn't decrease anymore than macshit.

Its not about 'decreasing' you fucking brainlet. Its the fact that any Mac operating system is always more optimized for its hardware than any Windows system, so it can handle future tasks better, always.

t. Mactoddler

mashable.com/2015/05/15/windows-10-new-macbook-performance/#6ujACiqkYsqR

>It's fast. It's smooth. It renders at 60FPS unless you have a lot going on. It's unequivocally better than performance on OS X, further leading me to believe that Apple really needs to overhaul how animations are done.

are you implying that OEM's don't optimize their drivers?

its not an old chinkpad

>a short article by some numale chink with the summary of 'it seems to run quick?!'
>it renders at 60FPS

'Renders' what at 60FPS, the cursor? You're quoting shit quality articles that make your argument look even dumber, and you're too stupid to fucking realize. Typical Winbabby. Back to your blind GPU shitfling you stupid fuck.

Yeah its all about dem Realtek drivers, they'll really make your machine fly when they're optimized. Not at all about the actual operating system. That doesn't need to be optimized, just as long as those webcam drivers are, its fine.

Do Winkiddies know how computers even work?

This isn't 2012 grandpa. Applel is on the decline.

are you implying microsoft doesn't optimize windows?

if the OS is optimized for the CPU, and the drivers are optimized for the rest of the hardware, how much more optimized can it get?

That isn't anywhere NEAR what macOS is like. MacOS is as granular as it gets. Apple make the whole package, they account for every fucking component on the motherboard. We're talking about laptops don't forget, where efficiency is paramount.

apple doesn't use magic, they use the same hardware as anyone else, put it in a fancy case and get to write their own drivers and that's basically it

>drivers
>drivers
>not the actual operating system of macOS, consisting of BSD, Cocoa, the Mach kernel and Darwin

Ok retard. So you don't know the difference between a fucking driver and an OS. Let me help you home, . Just click that red underlined link and you'll be right back where you belong!

MBP 15 blows XPS 15 out of water. Fact.

Is it opposite day?

>Find a flaw.
It isn't Macbook Pro 15 inche (2016).
Rekt.

Leave the poor fuck.

Money isn't the issue. Common sense however...

I own a 2013 model dell xps 15.

I want to kill myself, this thing blows ass.

you're pretty delusional macfag

NVIDIA

is Dell a dad-core brand?

>shoddy machining tolerances
>shit software controlled audio
>coil whine
>expensive
I still like mine alot
Better than any other laptop I've had.

>buy xps 15 for $1300
>its fucking shit
>trackpad sucks
>wi-fi sucks dick and have to plug in ethernet
>sell it for $1000 to some faggot on craigslist and buy a macbook

meh

>Money isn't the issue.
I didn't say "poor" cause he's buying XPS, I said poor cause he got owned multiple times.

Not OLED

Excellent no-response! I sure am BTFO xD

>using webcam at all
It will be covered in tape anyway so who cares ?

>bad trackpad
>small arrowkeys
>glossy screen
I mean, why have a laptop you can't use on the go outside/a well lit windowed place?
>chin webcam
Just remove it if it can't be placed in a good spot.
>price
You can get Asus, same specced, matte screened, lightweight, aluminium, laptop with great arrowkeys, maxed out for less than the lowest cost XPS 15. (UX430 PURE-4)

Other than that, it's alright.

find a flaw

>16:9

Less appealing than a XPS.

i would have chosen this but there wasn't an option for a dedicated gpu

terrible keyboard with shit build quality
shit overall build quality
glossy screen
piece of crap touchpad
needs to be opened up to replace battery
maintenence expensive and more difficult than it needs to be
coil whining galore
crappy cooling
no ethernet
only 2x USB A

what is that even supposed to mean?

yeah that's a bit of a downer but after all the X1C is an Ultrabook that's made to be as thin and light as possible. Why not a T series then? They're better anyways.

Do the MacBook Pro's key glow?

Yes of course where do you think the chinks stole the idea from?

It has a backlit keyboard. But the keyboard itself is shit. It used to be OK until they introduced the Butterfly mechanism. Now it feels like you're typing on mouse buttons. It's hideous.