Nogaems.

da SJWs

Learning takes effort and time.

So does everything in life worth doing.

So does everything not worth doing.

try r9k.

I can't.

Have a snek instead.
And use Python 3 instead of 2 if possible.

I will

Python 2 is ded

I can't.

Python may not be the best at anything, but it's #2 in a lot of things.

It's good for beginners, or for when you want to quickly throw something together without trying to squeeze every tiny bit of optimisation of of your code.

In certain fields it represents the vast majority of commonly used tools (e.g. bioinformatics).

Don't bother even touching Python 2. It's roughly 10 years old at this point and should only ever exist in legacy code.

Is python the GOAT?

It's just seems so versatile and useful for literally every practical application.

learning too many languages just means you'd never know enough with any specific language to do anything actually interesting

C

you don't know which version to learn
python2 incompatible with python 3
python3 incompatible with python 3.4
python3.4 incompatible with python 3.5+

>python3.4 incompatible with python 3.5+

[citation needed]

This is such a retarded thing. People can shit all they want on Microsot, but at least the .net platform is guaranteed to have backwards compatibiity forever, even if it means keeping redundant and bad code.

i wanna fuck that little face with my dirty unshowered white cock.

it's ez
it's used in lots in lots of programming jobs

Or you could just use a compiled language, so only the developer would care how to compile the stuff.

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Python 3.5 code does not run on 3.4. Why do you act so surprised that an older version of the language does not support new features?

python.org/dev/peps/pep-0492/

.NET Core not backwards compatible with .NET Framework 4.6.

> indentation hell hole

I honestly don't understand people who think this is an issue.
The worst thing about meaningful whitespace is that commenting out an 'if' requires me to also change the indent level of the block.

Life is meaningless.

This won't be an issue after we purge all the dirty 4 spacers from the planet and unite under the flag of tab.

Fight me.

i like my purple python OP

Enjoy your Syntax errors

your lazy

Class definition syntax was changed
subprocess module was changed

>not setting tab to = 4 spaces

Niggers.

.NET Core isn't part of the .NET framework.

While this is nice, I cry when I log into a server and see the entire spectrum of .net versions in IIS's AppPools.

None
Python 3 is versatile as fuck, it's used for /sci/ worthy simulations, the backend of sites like twitch and youtube, it's the core of civ4, eve online, the unity engine, blender 3d and so much more. hell, python 3 is a requirement at my uni cs defense course.

They changed between 2 and 3, not within python 3 branch.

You can learn it in an afternoon. What does it matter?

Its syntax will make your eyes bleed if you've learned any other languages.

No reason NOT to. Everything is reasonable to learn. It's just how you apply it that matters - using python for large scale projects... is okay, as long as it's embedded and not the main language.

Dynamicly typed
>Into the trash it goes

But it's strongly typed, so what's your point?

wtf?

you want to learn python go ahead and do it

Cause monkey x is better

His point is that dynamically typed languages are TRASH and he is RIGHT. So Python, into the TRASH you go.

>Give me ONE reason not to learn Python.
Community of very socially just pals who want to make sure you are coding according to a certain code of conduct that ensure you aren't virtually raping zher.

There isn't one.
But you won't learn it anyway because you're lazy.

I'm starting a company, and I've chosen Python3.5 as what I'm building the prototype in. Is the SJW the kind of person I'm going to attract if I'm looking for python data scientists?

you won't get jobs for knowing python

learn javascript if you actually want money

No jobs.

The nano tabs are too big and I can't find the config file tho

Thing is, it is really straight forward and fairly forgiving but many "hard-core" coders feel that it may become spaghetti because of its leniency, but DESU they're a bit scared that many people will learn coding and their precious archaic C++ will be useless.

who is that? is that randy pitchfork?

no curly braces, I get lost with identations

>You can't make vidya in python
Explain pygame and games like frets on fire

Backwards compatibility is something built into every compiled language since the dawn of computing.

The fact you have to establish and package several versions of a python VM with python code is fucking retarded for software you want to be portable.

Just because MS does it with their redist packages doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Backwards compatibility is why people still use C89

As it was mentioned earlier, the only reason not to learn Python is the case of you being an lgbt faggot.

I want to cum in fox maid marian

Use Python if your design calls for libraries which are only maintained for Python (which is very common). It takes like 5 minutes to learn the syntax. You're bound to fuck up your 'self's and colons the first time, though.

Nim

There is no good reason when other high level languages with better performance, implementations, library support, tooling, jobs in the real world unlike academia etc pp exist.

>look, muh tetris, it has gaymes
To be fair, frets on fire is a grade above that, but it cheats with using midi notes and still recommends psyco (which is dead btw).

Majority of higher paying jobs look towards Front-End or Back-end JS. Python and PHP are a rare hit or miss. Many companies I've applied to are looking for C++, JS, Java, and/or SQL.

>it cheats with using midi notes
>tfw midi is cheating
entire music industry BTFO

Autistic indentation rules turn what should be a personal choice stylistical thing into a life-or-death code scoping thing.

I would suck the dick of a million aids-infested niggers to use a python that used braces like every other sensible language.

My point is, Python doesn't do anything using much processing power.
However, there are things even in 2D games, even in roguelikes that even PyPy can't do.