>2017
>still no self-driving cars on the market

could you actually contribute to society instead of jerking off and cum on your mechanical keyboard, Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeyH734JQD0
svoboda.org/a/28243850.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>any year after 2017
>wanting a sudoku car

>cars
>not public transport
>not bike
cagers REEEEE

Teslas are on the market and a lot of them are fully functional and can drive themselves

The only issue is legislation so Tesla has to wait until it can push the software update to the cars that'll turn them into full level 5 autonomous cars

Just too much legal shit involved with these things

>a car that costs a house
sure why not

Tesla Model 3 will be the same and will cost 35k before incentives

Tesla funded its operation through expensive cars in succession.

Roadster paid for dev of Model S and model S paid for dev of Model X .. S and X paid for dev of Model 3 and since Model 3 received over 300k orders in a day or so with $3000 non refundable down payment Tesla has a shit load of money to build these things + all the energy shit.

They also open source a lot of their things to "foster competition" aka lure other manufacturers into entering the electric vehicle market because Tesla benefits directly from customer interest no matter where it comes from.

Say Mercedes gets into the market - they will do free marketing for electric cars and people will naturally arrive at Tesla.

Tesla will rise to the top of car manufactures world wide within the next decade especially when a lot of companies replace their fleets with electric vehicles.

The tech has a ways to go imo. Most of the accidents I've seen were technically the fault of another driver, but could have been avoided if the autonomous driver exercised defensive driving. If I didn't practice defensive driving I'd get into at least one accident per week, and none of them would be my fault.

I know it's possible but I'd like to see it implemented and proven.

the thing with the tech is that it gets safer the more and more people use it

you can't prevent driver errors ever but you can cut down the deaths on the road to virtually zero and turn them into freak accidents.

Right now thousands of people die every single day world wide in car accidents due to driver errors lmao. If we all had electric cars with all these cameras, radars we'd have a death here and there but its going to be as rare as work freak accident on liveleak.

Its not about the safety of the tech. Its all about money, oil etc. Nobody cares about our lives.

>fully functional
Tesla is cancer and their "autopilot" sensors have many false flags.

>many false flags

citation needed. Please explain in a reasonable way how these "false flags" lead to more deaths than driver errors on a macro scale. Thanks

Where do you live? Are houses that cheap?

the self driving car is a meme like the paperless office

There are already semiautonomous cars our, dumb frogposter

youtube.com/watch?v=GeyH734JQD0

>Sup Forums
>contributing to society
Pick one

Mother Russia

Self driving cars are a retarded idea because cars are going to be phased out in the future. No city infrastructure can support an auto-mobile for every individual.
Soon they'll be relegated to sport and show like horse racing.

It's all about public transportation now.

Also, I wouldn't want an NSA backdoor in my (((Mercedes Benz))) self driving car to cause it to "malfunction" and cause an "accident"

svoboda.org/a/28243850.html

>2017
>Giving up your freedom of mobility by relying on transportation that can be manipulated and disabled on a whim (think: protest downtown. Police block all self driving cars from accessing downtown).
>Having your entire IRL life monitored for advertising/surveillance. Go to seedy locations frequent? Enjoy getting flagged as a dealer. Near a mosque? NSA, surveil! Go to strip clubs? Enjoy having advertising aimed at single lonely people down your throat.
>Supporting companies that are literal scum (Uber banks on SDCs and treats its human employees like dispensable garbage in the interim).

Boy, self driving cars sure sound appealing!

Nais pasta pidor.

I may just be dense, but what's the issue here? It literally drove the entire length just fine. Only coming to what looks like a stop when passing by those joggers. And even then, that's a very small nitpick for a car that took you the entire way on its own.

Why don't you?

Did you miss something? This tech will make it so people don't need to own a vehicle and make public transportation attractive to the general public. Think how much would change without everyone owning and operAting an automobile. Even better if they're electric

Sad part is no one wants it to happen

Why would I want to contribute to something I couldn't care less about?

I could build awesome things too if I had taxpayers subsidizing me like tesla.

>Public transport where you can't stand in a big space touching as little shit as possible
>public transport where you have to sit in an extremely tight space, on soft, absorbent seats, where previous passengers were doing god knows what in the comfort of the automobile's privacy
Sorry, I don't want HIV