>implement a kernel
>real analysis
>combinatorics
>functional programming
>assembly language
>proving correctness of algorithms
you went to a code monkey diploma mill

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/gatekeeping/comments/6181zx/oh_you_dont_know_a_specific_level_from_a_10_year/
hm.edu/en/
tum.de/
usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/computer-science?page=2
w3-mediapool.hm.edu/mediapool/media/fk07/fk07_lokal/studienangebot_3/studiengaenge_neu/docs/ifb/studaufbauIFfein.pdf
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/16/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/138/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/69/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/255/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/66/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Using web technologies that go beyond their intended purpose because software engineers wanted to shoe-horn formal patterns into languages that are intended to display dancing baby gifs will inevitably bite us in the ass.

>muh low-level programming

It's more important to quickly make programs that get the job done rather than spend decades on writing your magnum opus.

If you spend your days worrying about what another person's degree taught them when even if it was shit that would only give you an advantage you might as well kill yourself.

Then you don't need a CS degree

You go to code monkey bootcamps

mine taught only the last 2

If your CS degree didn't teach/have you
>informed consent
>personal hygiene
>history of slavery
>tolerance
>white guilt
you went to a code monkey diploma mill

Funny stuff. Still pissed off I paid for that shit. Fucking Mexicans.

>real analysis
What schools teach this to cs majors?

Mit opencourseware

fuck off codemonkey, adults are talking

But my Computer Engineering degree taught me that.

>know none of that shit
>didn't mortgage my future for a pice of paper
>making $95,000/yr in Florida

Glad I didn't fall for the CS meme

Not sure what OP is trying to say with that one. Maybe debugging, profiling, and unit testing?

Human Resources says otherwise

I learned all of these things but I could have chosen different electives and still graduated with a CS degree.

You could also add distributed systems to that list.

I was taught all of that except the first one. On the other hand we learned how to implement interpreters and parsers using scheme and Haskell.
I would also add to that list Language Semantics

And HPC.

Shit I learned in HPC saved my bacon a handful of times.

I was taught all that and still make more money being a javascript code monkey than my professors doing research.

lol fuck off, literally the only saving grace for javascript is that it can run in a browser, not speed of development, unless banging out low-effort websites in a couple of hours is all you care about

If you want to pass an interview
>Software assurance
>Relational databases
>HPC
>Distributed systems (emphasis on ESB)

Need to be added to that list

Checked that out. It's all autists getting mad at jokes. What the fuck?

>combinatorics
>functional programming
Almost had me there. Wew.

>he studied lots of things he'll never use instead of interesting AND useful shit
lel

>2 years in the future
"My startup folded and I can't get a job interview because I worked for 3 years at a company that made no products and no one has heard of. They also had me using frameworks that were so brand-new and nonstandard that no one thinks I can even code."

I'm not working for a startup.

the fuck is wrong with these insufferable sperglords

>reddit.com/r/gatekeeping/comments/6181zx/oh_you_dont_know_a_specific_level_from_a_10_year/
if you played cod4 you would remember it

If you're doing pure JS it's either a startup or they have you on bitch duty.

Even on projects that are rewriting their UI in react & redux still have devs dipping into their service layer once in awhile

I make 6 figures making CRUD apps in javascript(node).

I'm so sad because an unemployed NEET doesn't think I'm a "real" programmer. Crying all the way to the bank lol.

Congrats bro, I was taught all that too but make more money than my professors working in "waste management".

Of course I work on the service layer too. It's in node.

Better hope VC's don't pull out of SF.
Hope you got some diversity in your project history. Node will only get you so far outside of SF.

WHERE IS LINEAR ALGEBRA??!?!

WTF

none of that shit is gonna get you a job

Goes double for you too. Node isn't exactly an industry-wide standard.

Node also makes a habit of being a snowflake language that has structures and patterns that don't translate well to the usual enterprise level languages and frameworks.

muh event loop

You are an idiot. A big one. I can't even fathom how much of an idiot you are. How do you even tie your shoelaces without strangling yourself with them?

>muh enterprise
There are 60,000 employees at the company I work for. Microsoft uses node. NASA uses node. Cry harder about how you can't find a job writing yet another compiler for C.

The study of real valued functions

Are you serious? Fucking underage shitters.

20 years ago
>"I was taught all that and still make more money being a Cobol code monkey than my professors doing research."
>"I make 6 figures making CRUD apps in Cobol."
NOW:
>"What do you mean there's no more cobol jobs? I'm voting Trump, he'll fix this!

>Also Now:
20 years from now:
>"What do you mean there's no more JavaScript jobs? I'm voting Trump, she'll fix this!

>real analysis

WHY? Advanced linear algebra, or even number theory and abstract algebra, would be way more important for CS.

t. math major

20 years from now I wouldn't be looking for a job because I would have retired 10 years ago. Even then, learning another language is stupidly easy. I didn't know any javascript at all when I started my job.

Hi, I'm , I just came back because I don't think I emphasized well enough how much of an idiot you are. Because you are. Idiot.

>Cry harder about how you can't find a job writing yet another compiler for C.
Not that guy.
People who can make decent compilers actually get paid a shit load. They are hard to come by.
Also on a side note,
some of my friends were offered jobs by Google after they saw their self-made kernel projects on github

>I'm going to retire in 10 years!

lol sure you will.

That's already included in studying algorithms. Those aren't separate classes.

Jesus Christ, look at the massive amount of replies. College students I take it & you haven't graduated yet.

Good ones.

Real analysis gives you mathematical maturity. It is also essential to understand convergence of numerical algorithms and a fuckton of further fields like probability and signal processing.

Which ones? MIT? Stanford? Harvard? UC Berkeley? Caltech? Carnegie Mellon? Which of those schools have real analysis as a course requirement for CS majors?

They all recommend it

Is ASU a good school for CS?

>"recommend"
Post links to their curriculum.

true

Here is my 401k after I graduated university and started my job last year. This isn't even including the money I invest in taxable accounts.

>He didn't investing money into gold
Good luck with inflation, bud.

I don't even know what you mean by "studying algorithms". If you're talking about algorithm analysis, then you're wrong and also an idiot.

They don't. Real analysis is a field aligned with math majors. You're not going to find many top universities pushing it on CS or CE even.

explain like im five where node and react-native fit into this depiction?

>people seriously don't know what analysis is
fucking done with this board

>you went to a code monkey diploma mill
thats pretty much every university now.

Nice try schlomo.

>chrome has terrible battery life on macos
>vs code does too
really makes me think

real analysis is a math class.

>mfw i had all that in my school
>mfw for once OP is right and this is what you should get if you want to understand CS/CE beyond a superficial level

No they don't.
UC Berkeley definitely does not.

I don't even think you can take Real Analysis as a technical elective at any of the UC's.

You know that there are countries outside the US right? Some of which associate CS and CE with Math more than you're used to.

Didn't implement a kernel.

Did read the Dragon book and implement a compiler but the class itself was dysfunctional as they instructor was lazily teaching a flawed course plan.

I was able to teach all of the course load to a friend in a few days by just structuring it better.

Gerfag here
all big universities in Bavaria require all that

My salary says otherwise, autist

Then name one university that requires real analysis as a part of a CS/CE degree.

And they take up what spots again on the global college rankings?
Was it like 4th and 8th place before you see a college outside of the US? I can't remember.

>gold
>not b*tcoin
enjoy starving while I purchase your family to use as slaves, kid

meanwhile college/university outside of the US doesn't cost 200k+

In CS specifically? Not so sure about that.

>he thinks salary is correlated with ability
>in CS of all fields

Meanwhile your Aryan waifu is getting slammed by Muhammad kebab cock whether she wants it or not (she does).

> imblying uni matters
:D:D

meanwhile you get shot by a nigger while driving to work
bolstering our arguments with meeems is fun

Any French or German one for starters.

I'm paying 700 dollars a month for school. Oh nooooo

Name one specific one. Post a link to their website where they list the required courses for a CS degree, and where real analysis is specified.

your parents*
hm.edu/en/
tum.de/

Oh cool, so uhh what European college did Dennis Ritchie got to....Harvard University....oh....uhh well what about Don Knuth, I mean a man as smart as him must have gone to a European Uni!....Caltech....oh...

You're right. I had to get to #19 before a college in Europe appeared on the list.

usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/computer-science?page=2

>Even Canada has better schools than Europe
You were beaten by fucking leaves!

Are you capable of understanding English? Or did they replace it with Arabic in your country?
Post a link to their website where they list the required courses for a CS degree, and where real analysis is specified.

>nitpicking 2 people from years ago
Edsger Dijkstra
I too can do this.

The top rated college in your list that teaches real analysis is also rated #29 globally. There are better schools in mainland China than yours.

>usnews.com
Real neutral source there user.

Junior, already did all except the first two ones. Making a compiler is among my personal projects.

Those schools don't even teach real analysis. He just posted links to the websites of the first two universities he could think of.

If your engineering degree didn't teach you

- stone hand axe
- wooden spike club
- Fred Flintstone car
- mud pile vagina

You went to a doo doo schoo

doesn't matter where you went and what you learned when the company will just hire a pajeet that paid for his degree in india and copies code from stackoverflow.

Nigger youre crazy, hospitals and other large bureacacies that refuse to update their hardware are desperate for COBOL maintainers. The money is ridiculous ,too.

Oh yeah. I forgot. It's a conspiracy to fuck EU schools out of their deserved prominence and let obvious scam schools in China elevate to top positions.

This is why modern websites are giant bandwidth hogs. Idiots like you have single-handedly wasted all the gains made in hardware by being lazy twits.

>mfw i went to one of those and had courses on real analysis
Keep your delusions m8

are you incapable of clicking on a link?
the list of subjects
w3-mediapool.hm.edu/mediapool/media/fk07/fk07_lokal/studienangebot_3/studiengaenge_neu/docs/ifb/studaufbauIFfein.pdf
here are the modules you are looking for
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/16/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/138/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/69/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/255/
w3-o.cs.hm.edu:8000/public/module/66/
you are just dumb faggots
yop

You also got a shit tier education. I'm hoping your 4 years of "prepping the Islamic bull" will atleast "cum in handy" for the next few decades.