Ryzen

Why is ryzen so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA
siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1700a40g
hardocp.com/article/2017/03/20/amd_ryzen_7_1700_retail_cpu_overclocking_x_2
siliconlottery.com/collections/all/products/1700a40g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AMDead cpu-z pajeet shills are back. CPU-z is broken. It measures cache rather than actual single and multithreaded performance. Ryzen is good, but it's not better than the 6950x or even the 6900k and every other benchmark proves it.

because JK shipwrecker

>WAH WAH WAH

You Intel shills are everywhere.

Does anyone have experience with ryzen cpus & music production? They look promising but I figure there may be direct experience here if nowhere else.

Ryzen is on par with a 6900k dumbshit

>I-It's not fair! they're making a cache benchmark, that's why it's better

idiot

Source? I have seen this pic multiple times, but theres never a source mentioned.

Didn't look very far

youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA

>In b4 'Who?'
>In b4 unreliable Youtube shill

repeat ad nauseam

Corelets BTFO

Not only this but most can now even encode 1080p HEVC video at 30 FPS without going bankrupt since the 1700 hits 4 GHz easy with the stock cooler.

Which one is better for gaming, 1600X or 1700X? The memory will be 3200 MHz.

Has Windows been updated yet?

siliconlottery.com/collections/frontpage/products/1700a40g
>As of 3/13/17, the top 26% of 1700s were able to hit 4.0GHz or greater.
Doesn't seem like "easy" is the right word.

- 512 kB L2 caches make SMT not a complete shit-show anymore
- leaving out 256b AVX (that not much software honestly uses) means internal datapaths can stay at 32B instead of 64B, saving an appreciable amount of space and power
- Broadwell-tier IPC is good enough since modern Intel cores are optimized for perf/W in laptops and many-core servers and haven't improved IPC or clocks barely at all in years
- MOAR COARS for LESS BUXX

they are using asus, asus is frying ram and locking voltage to 1.5 on the cpu at random, meanwhile people on asrock, msi, gigabyte, have no real issue hitting 3.9 at around 1.3 and most say under 1.4v for 4ghz,

the long and short, they are using an exceptionally shit motherboard.

windows will never be updated

Because AMD didn't spend $300,000,000 on a diversity program.

how much did they spend then?

will it get better?

I think according to jayshillcents they patched it, but the silicon lottery numbers are still old

Get the fastest core you can that has the biggest amount of cache with a fuckton of memory and ASIO compatibility.

That's the extent of DWA.

Synths will kill your core, so you need a big cache. Effects will load in to the RAM, and if you use a lot of them, they eat through it fast.

So snag a 7700. Stay away from overclocking.

I have not heard any of the people who overclocked the 1700 say they needed much more then 1.4v to get 4.0, but they didn't want 1.4v to be the normal voltage for the cpu so they stuck to 3.9ghz instead, so far have not heard anyone needing more then 1.4 for 3.9

during that shit that caused the diversity, amd retweeted an old ad that said 'keep going don't give up the fight'

My best guess is amd just pays diversity lip service like that it gets better video but wastes no real time or manpower on it.

I would buy a Ryzen system now, but I want to wait until the motherboard and RAM markets mature.

I am loving it ,but I was using a Q8300 before.
currently at 3.9 Ghz @ 1.3 Volts, but I am planing on keeping it
at around ~3.7 Ghz with as low as a voltage as I can manage.

>this better thing is only better because it is better
>therefore it is not fair to compare better thing with worse thing that costs twice as much
>by the way, worse thing is better than better thing anyways :^)

>g...guys it's totally better in this unrepresentative synthetic test! That makes it better!

just like that guy on twitter or something saying "ryzen performs better only because it's better"

why stay away from overclocking?

I heard overclocked ryzens performs very well

>l3 cache is not useful for anything, so it's performance doesn't matter
nice meme

Face it, you don't even do anything that uses 8 cores.
I do, and Ryzen ain't impressive.

amazing what 6 months bug fixes and bios updates can do for a brand new platform

once the memory is up to speed ryzen just hums

click video
>fat fuck with an annoying voice and lazy eye
0:03 seconds
>4 GHz easy with the stock cooler.
This meme
hardocp.com/article/2017/03/20/amd_ryzen_7_1700_retail_cpu_overclocking_x_2
[email protected]\215w

1700X Stock.
AM3+ Stock cooler.

Yes exactly, if a 1 CPU has more L3 than a different one, you have to disable some of it to level the playing field.
The same needs to be done when comparing performance cars. So if you want to compare a Challenger Hellcat with GTR, you need to cripple the Hellcat in such a way that it loses 142 bhp, and therefore has equal power to that of the GTR. Totally fair, guys.

t. logic

nice try, I use virtual machines and do video transcoding on a semi regular basis

So show Ryzen getting twice the speed of a 7700k in encoding.

siliconlottery.com/collections/all/products/1700a40g

who implied that I even have ryzen? I just won't go for half the number of cores just because they're slightly better and cheaper

Well duh. If you have a brain you'll get a dual E5-2670 system.

nice try intel idiot shill, my stock Ryzen 7 1700 ($330, 8 core, 65W TDP) beats your shitty Intel 6950X ($1600, 10 core, 140W TDP) in multithreaded performance.

Is the memory support still shit? When can we hit 3200+ at low latency with 4x16GB dimms?

Ples delet dis

>pootel

you can never have too many cores

If it's just windows problem, I want to see how these games work on Linux with Wine (at least those that work at all).

>2017
>People buying quad cores.

WTF 2006 and the Q6600 was ages ago you poor fucks.

intel hasn't told the goyim to buy 6-8 cores yet

>Nobody needs more than 8 threads. You only need 4 cores to run games. 2 cores is all games make use of. Why do you need anything more than single thread performance?

Socket change a year keeps the goyim in fear

>
>>Nobody needs more than 8 threads. You only need 4 cores to run games. 2 cores is all games make use of. Why do you need anything more than single thread performance?
What about vidéo converting to upload thé shitty gaming vidéos ? Haha

They're gaming performance should be about equal, but the 1700X would be better at multi-tasking.

If I don't want to overclock, is it worth spending the $20 more on the 1500X over the 1400?

JEWS ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED

>1.456V

Retards who don't pay the electricity bills.

Protip : the human eye cant see more than 4 cores

>being so poor you can't afford to pay an extra $1.50 a month for electricity

>1,44 Vcore

I would rather not.

>tfw you can see the screen reflected off the reflection of your bald head

Protip : human eye can't see more than (approximately) 260 Hz.

DELET

Why get ryzen if microshit is going to block win7 updates next month? It seems great and all, but there are bigger threats down the road.

>windows 7
it's like you want the worse of both worlds and get no support for you OS