What do they even do nowadays?

What do they even do nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/06/ibm-plans-to-build-first-commercially-available-universal-quantum-computer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Groom Watson

What don't they do?

Make awesome CPUs, mainframes, R&D on various shit

Consumer hardware

Bluemix.
Its actually pretty nice in some things compared to MS/Google counterparts.

They look at how a bunch of nerdy idiots drool over their outdated laptops

Invented a way to store data on a single atom

Screwing up government contracts.
Hoarding up patents.

Government jobs and stuff.

yeah awesome, they are almost half of value of facebook.
There are absolute old dad joke
(but i kinda like power8)

Dont listen to the retard above IBM left the consumer market and now only performs on the enterprise and research market doing lots of development, they build arround dozens of supercomputers each year and provide a shitton of intelligence logistical services, they are already making watson 2.0 given watson 1.0 was such a success on the medical research field, IBM is also freaking loaded, despite being secretive as fuck their net worth is arround 200 billion dollars and their stocks are the third higjest on the tech market, IBM is a silent giant and you should fear it OP

They did our employee engagement survey at my work. Healthcare.

consulting. government software.

They did a recruitment thing at my university. Seemed like a bunch of hipsters. Their young and hip employees only seemed to know about web dev. The focus of the presentation was diversity and how "fun and hip" the company is. Basically, their PR failed to let me know what the fuck they actually do, or what I would be doing if I worked there.

Sacking White workers and replacing them with Indians

They are pouring everything into quantum computing, not even memeing here

>yeah awesome, they are almost half of value of facebook.
yeh but you're comparing real value to facebook

Fun fact: in the 1930s, International Business Machines helped the German NASDAP (Nazi) govrrnment process census data. These records would prove a valuable asset when rounding up jews for the third reich's six-year programme of mass murder.

Thanks IBM!

crush mad puss

their r and d department is sheer madness

foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/06/ibm-plans-to-build-first-commercially-available-universal-quantum-computer.html

research
patent
license

>lol, i invented it first, than means I deserve your money if you recreate what i did

Old Money Vs. New Money.

Facebook is still considered volatile by a lot of Bond groups and Long-Term investment companies and trusts. Sure, they have more dollar value per stock right now, but what they lack is long-term projected stability and a financial team that any major bank would jizz their pants to have. IBM has an entire financial arm where, even if their database sales plummet off the face of the earth, they can still dip into their insane coffers and make bank loaning money to other companies, leasing equipment to companies, and managing investments and bonds made on the market.
Sony, even when their Entertainment, Mobile, and Interactive markets were down, were KILLING it in the financial department. They've got a Bank, Life Insurance and Assurance group, and securities under their financial department.

IBM does a shit-ton of R&D and enterprise products and services. They're basically out of the consumer lime-light. Selling stuff like SaaS stuff for CRM, DevOps, and CloudLocal integrations, and IaaS stuff to bigger guys like MetLife and banks.

>"oh, i see you are using something we invented 40 years ago. So sorry, but that means you need to pay us. That sucks..."

Working on OS/2.

Honestly I'd be disappointed if stuff like that wasn't one of their goals.

In fairness to Big Blue, they had a brutal reputation for suit and tie salaryman type stuff. To the point it was hurting them in recruiting vs. hip free-wheeling rebels like Microsoft.

Where they fucked up is being obsessed with combating this perception amongst people who weren't even born when it was last a thing.

Under which CEO did they exit consumer stuff?
Maybe Sup Forums is a bit young to appreciate it but I still find this a stunningly brave move from the most conservative corporation on the planet (or so we thought).

charge their clients tons of money for enterprise stuff that no one but them knows how to use.

Yeah but please don't buy in to bluemix local and bluemix dedicated. Just stick with bluemix public.

They sit on their laurels, growing fat on their licensing and other smart investment while deigning to advise collaborative groups on futureward projects like DARPA's next hypercomputer & UEFI.
>imb is patrician

running the entire fucking world from behind the scenes like the omnipotent mega corporation they are.

Fire employees.