Macbook with Windows for College?

>Going off to college, and want something simple and sleek
>All ultra books comparable to mac in specs and price
>wild idea appears
Why not just buy a cheap possibly last gen mac book, upgrade the storage and install windows through bootcamp? You get both Win and OSX and for a college setting macs are pretty desirable. Windows would help keep projects universal in accessibility and mac could be useful for some simple word functions and taking quick notes. Talk me out of it Sup Forums and give reasons beside for
>macs are cancer

Other urls found in this thread:

browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks
ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Computer-Intel-Core-i5-13-3-Display-4GB-Memory-MD101-/262897092591?hash=item3d35e347ef:g:U7EAAOSwax5Yx7Qd
ebay.com/itm/Phil-UPGRADED-BEAUTIFUL-MacBook-Pro-13-2-5GHz-750GB-8GB-RAM-1-YR-WARRANTY-/262907838807?hash=item3d36874157:g:wZ8AAOSwuLZY1D6N#viTabs_0
ebay.com/sch/Apple-Laptops/111422/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=quality-macs
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> Hackintosh

Not too familiar with Macbooks, but if the hard drive is large enough, why not go the full hog and triple-boot w/ Ubuntu?

There is no way to justify the tied down OSX. Even Ubuntu dualboot is tenfolds better for the task.

Just get a mac and use macos

>upgrade the storage
>just got to pry the case open, remove proprietary screws that require a special kit of drivers to open
>chisel away the glue
>find out the storage is soldered to the board
>put everything back together in shame while also voiding the photo-sensor based warranty.

i bought a old 2009 mac mini to experiment around with the os and am unfamiliar and uncomfortable with it. i dont want to go to college with a machine i dont know how to utilize, i feel having windows would be a good back up in case i go full tard and cant figure it out.

You have to go back to 2012 if you want upgradable ram or storage.

Maybe later if using the sd-card slot is an acceptable solution.

Install windows if you want.
But make your home on one operating system.
Bouncing between the two sounds like a giant pain.

probs would buy used bc my budget is around 900

You can have Windows as a backup but you're better off learning how to use MacOS's workflow. Most Linux distros use a similar one nowadays, and for good reason -- it's become far more efficient than the standard Win9x layout everyone copied for 20 years.

yea i guess i should just go all in for the mac os

any recommendations for a good but not bank breaking Mac pro or air that has decent specs and hardrive

just get a 2012 pro from ebay

would it still hold up to modern tasks? i guess macs last longer than PCs but that's like 5 years old.

I have a 2012 pro and use it for college it's great I'm running Sierra and everything is pretty smooth overall

How is the hard drive capacity on it? Also what type?

i have a 2011 imac and its fast as fuck. macs have barely increased in speed and power, like most most computers in the past five years. any older laptop you get will be fine.

browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks

>why not get a macbook and install botnet?
>why not get a dildo and shove it up my ass?
Do it OP. You can't lose.

any thoughts on this one?
ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Computer-Intel-Core-i5-13-3-Display-4GB-Memory-MD101-/262897092591?hash=item3d35e347ef:g:U7EAAOSwax5Yx7Qd

Im not quite sure on the pricing of these laptops

Probably will just get a mac at this point

ebay.com/itm/Phil-UPGRADED-BEAUTIFUL-MacBook-Pro-13-2-5GHz-750GB-8GB-RAM-1-YR-WARRANTY-/262907838807?hash=item3d36874157:g:wZ8AAOSwuLZY1D6N#viTabs_0

This is also an option but is not new. It appears to be upgraded by the seller but i dont know how trustworthy the battery would be on a used laptop.

buy a dell xps, dualboot with ubuntu

>2012
>4gb ram
>$900 plus

fuck no

keep looking, maybe do this or try these assholes. ebay.com/sch/Apple-Laptops/111422/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=quality-macs

this is also a good option.

>tied down
Name something lacking in OSX that Linux Distros do.