Are the GMO plants such as Bt soybean safe to eat or not?

shall we discuss this?

Other urls found in this thread:

collective-evolution.com/2014/07/15/new-study-links-gmos-to-cancer-liverkidney-damage-severe-hormonal-disruption/
fooledbyrandomness.com/pp2.pdf
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0111629
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gmo is the future
only hippies and nu-males would say getting more for less is bad

This is the tech and gamer consumer board, you might want to go to for a good discusion on this matter.

100% safe.

ok
i will go to sci
thank you for your suggestion

everything you eat today is a GMO you fucking retard
what do you think selective breeding is? do you really think we eat the same shitty vegetables we were shitting out 10,000 years ago?

I agree with u, but why do u think so?

They're plenty safe to eat.
The problem is that they're horrible for the environment and the general biosphere. Extreme monocultures, invasive genomes, there's lots of shit bad about GMOs but inedibility is not one of them. They're perfectly safe.

Depends on what you mean by "safe"

I think GMO plants is safe
BT toxin have toxicity for Lepidoptera
and Bt toxin active in only lepidoptera midgut

safe mean show scientifically safe based on data

>invasive genomes
what did he mean by this

cross pollination
"contamination" of "naturally" bread species

Basically the artificial genome gets outside in the world.
Do you trust these companies enough that they tested their gene modifications for 25+ years with tens thousands of other plant an animal species to ensure there are no strange effects ?
I thought not.

Also GMO's are usually fine. Its not that much different than what humans have done through selective breeding and cultivar selection for literally (yup this aint figuratively= thousands of years.

they're also completely sterile so the farmer is dependsnt on the ((((seed manufacturor))))

They are not safe and you don't have a choice.

> (OP)
>gmo is the future
>only hippies and nu-males would say getting more for less is bad
Cancer your ass nigga explain me why in 1950 ass cancer was inexistant and now it have explosed ?

it seems to occurs that the wild soybean gets artificial gene from mating
but i don think other species get artificial gene.
because how do we get gene from other species?

why do u think so?

what is fag propaganda

> (You)
>what is fag propaganda
Imma just trying to save your ass bob ha-ha

can you show the data that support your opinion?

Because non-GMO soy doesn't exist anymore.

Don't GMOs only grow once, forcing farmers to buy new seed every year?

In japan we can eat non-gmo soybean
because many japanese hesitate to eat gmo plant

Yes, farmers aren't allowed to replant GMO seeds, and they can be sued if those seeds blow over into someone elses yard. True facts.

Only about 5-10% of the genome is known . The rest is uknown, (((they))) call it junk dna.

pff if you knew with the am out of shit they fumigate soy with you wouldn't touch it with a 1000 yard stick kek

No.

Organic soybeans only.

GMO crops have been scientifically proven not to have a higher crop yield than organically grown crops, and are actually worse for the environment. GMOs create super weeds and super resistant bugs. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to realize this.

Organic crops/crop rotation = sustainability

Everyone is a stupid piece of shit.

> (You)
>can you show the data that support your opinion?collective-evolution.com/2014/07/15/new-study-links-gmos-to-cancer-liverkidney-damage-severe-hormonal-disruption/
You know Google exist
>Only about 5-10% of the genome is known . The rest is uknown, (((they))) call it junk dna.
They call it like that because they don't know What It do haha

Yeah, OK. They're bad by virtue of being proprietary non FOSS bullshit.
Couldn't care less about cancer as long as I don't go to bed hungry, but if farmers are getting screwed over, it's only a matter of time before everyone else in society gets screwed over.
You'd have to be a literal nigger to not see that fucking farmers is probably the worst thing you could do to society. Monsanto nigger gassing when?

it is not junk dna
recently we can show these dna regulate protein expression and it is more important than protein code dna

Monsanto is so deeply embedded in government, it's not likely we'll ever see them go away.

monsanto is terrible

>bread species
Hmmmm

>The precautionary principle (PP) states that if an action
or policy has a suspected risk of causing severe harm to the public
domain (affecting general health or the environment globally), the action
should not be taken in the absence of scientific near-certainty about its
safety. Under these conditions, the burden of proof about absence of
harm falls on those proposing an action, not those opposing it. PP is
intended to deal with uncertainty and risk in cases where the absence
of evidence and the incompleteness of scientific knowledge carries
profound implications and in the presence of risks of "black swans",
unforeseen and unforeseable events of extreme consequence.

>Our analysis makes clear that the PP is essential for a limited set
of contexts and can be used to justify only a limited set of actions.
We discuss the implications for nuclear energy and GMOs. GMOs
represent a public risk of global harm, while harm from nuclear energy
is comparatively limited and better characterized. PP should be used to
prescribe severe limits on GMOs.

fooledbyrandomness.com/pp2.pdf

Monsanto used to make the chemical supplies for the US Army back in WW2, that says everything about how long they go back with the govt.
With no war to profit from they had to change their field and came up with the green revolution bullshit.

Long term health affects of people consuming multiple combinations of GMO's are completely unknown.
>some people can't cope with variants of soya
>some people are "allergic" to some breads but not others depending on soya content

Also the logic holds; that if a plant is modified to withstand pesticides etc.. It may in some people, not break down properly in peoples digestive system. Relative to the non gmo variant.
>some people can't cope with milk, nuts and other foods as is. People who used to get a little bloated on regular soya. Could end up in pain and be unable to eat the modified soya.

But it all depends on the modification made. To say "gmo is safe for all people to consume", is as retarded as saying "nuts are ok for all people to consume". It's all relative to the people consuming it.

America seems to have it bad. The "debate" over there has devolved into a strawman argument pushed by the gmo companies. Science versus anti-science.

What is a GMO and why is he controversial

Bayer Monsanto by the way ^^

Pretty sure the whole bayer monsanto deal is just to get through EU regulations.

I worked at a seed treatment farm and desu it's fine. It's just made to where they make bugs say "ew gross" but is not actually gross. Just don't eat the seeds when they get coated with the chemicals obviously.

Aren't GMO foods less nutritious?

Says the guy who worked at a seed treatment farm.

Monsanto tested their garbage on rats for 3 months and decided it was okay for human consumption, even though they found signs of liver and kidney toxicity in the rats.

A scientist later copied their testing but did it for TWO YEARS, and found GMOs/Roundup caused serious kidney and liver damage and an increased/earlier development of tumors.

> (You)
>Pretty sure the whole bayer monsanto deal is just to get through EU regulations.
Usa , europe , south América , soon Asia

all I know is this is Sup Forums and the fact you fuckers don't have a raspberry pi ran aeroponics system like I made in my room is disugsting, I have 50 plants in 3 square feet

non gmo but one day I hope to genetically modify them with my DNA so they are superior specimen

EU is very protectionist, especially on agriculture. The EU commission will fall on its knees when they see made in germany sticker on one of those Monsan.. I mean Bayer products. But yeah I can see it being useful for them outside Europe too.

Roundup has one of the key components of the orange agent, i known people who've died of skin cancer and heart diseases cause they used to fumigate with that trash.

this needs more upvotes

Doesn't really matter if it's made in Germany or not, the EU's protectionism is just a facade. Tons of Monsanto's transgenic/extremely fumigated soy gets imported from south america every year and gets fed to pigs and cows in the EU so you end up eating it anyways.

Nice try shill, you can't poison our bodies with modified DNA and drugs in water supply and get away with it.

gmos are just fine for poor nations. GMO rice saved a fuckton of people in asia/africa, being able to be grown in far more places.

Monsanto was bought out by BAYER Gmbh last year gents.

That just isn't true. While the seed companies have considered making sterile seeds so far standard no reuse contracts have been sufficient. Also, the first GMO crops have fall off patent, so you can grow, share, and replant those seeds however you want. Remember that patents are only for 20 years. Seed companies have to keep coming up with new, better varieties, or farmers will just buy the older seeds.

All farmed plants are GMOs, the problem is contamination via pesticides and other noxious shit because farmers are too plen to grow plants without the chemical equivalent of training wheels anymore.

This is another reason why GMOs are great. They can have pest resistance so pesticides can be left out.

That's a lie, they're made to be resistant to pesticides not to be resistant to pests.
Indian Pajeets planted transgenic Monsanto cotton which was crossbred with some other weed "to make it resistant to pests" while in truth it was just to make it resistant to the pesticides, the transgenic crops ended up catching a pest in their roots cause of the weed it was crossbred with while the normal cotton crops didn't catch it.
All the pajeets that went into debt to buy the transgenic seeds lost their crops and had to go even into more debt to buy seeds for the next year and pay off their debt to Monsanto.

They're safe to eat, but that doesn't mean you should plant all your fields with proprietary monsanto seeds and literally cuck yourself into complete dependence on a corporation for your food source

What's wrong with using proprietary seeds if it saves money?

Yea but we eat a bunch of unhealthy shit now that we didn't 60-70 years ago faggot. It's not GMOs.

>collectiveevolution.com
Lmao'ing at your life

Nothing to see here folks, move along

All seeds now are dramatically genetically modified from what they were in the past. Even if you aren't buying some proprietary Monsanto shit, it's still very different from the past due to GMOs.

So your advice is lackluster tbqh

> (You)
>>collectiveevolution.com
>Lmao'ing at your life
>Nothing to see here folks, move along
You Sheitan :O

The patents on the first GMO crops have expired; farmers can now buy generic round up ready soybeans. That puts a hard limit on how much Monsanto can charge for its new seeds; if the new versions aren't worth the price farmers will just buy the old versions.

>I'm a retard who reads naturalnews
>On average, GM technology adoption has reduced chemical pesticide use by 37%, increased crop yields by 22%, and increased farmer profits by 68%. Yield gains and pesticide reductions are larger for insect-resistant crops than for herbicide-tolerant crops. Yield and profit gains are higher in developing countries than in developed countries.
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0111629

>mmmuh monstanto boogeyman

They weren't even the largest gmo manufacturer. Fuck, they won't exist soon, cause they were bought by Bayer.

RR1 traits are already off-patent lmao

Oy vey, she shilling is out in full force.

>You don't agree with me so I think you're a shill

t. organics shill
I think you need to take some more of that manure