Design Fuckups

The Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lingscars.com/
shapeways.com/search?q=keycaps&type=
reddit.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i have that exact keyboard on my x230t, it feels the exact same as my x201 but i just have some problems with the key placment and sizing. overall not that big of a fuckup

a-atleast it has media control buttons

Typing on this very keyboard, what's the problem with it?

Also holy fuck the tracking is so light, I love it

The Millennium Bridge

visual affordance

Macbook Pro Trackpads.

Thermometers that stop working when they get too cold. I used to work in retail and this made checking the freezer temperatures a nightmare.

I own the laptop too.

>Tiniest enter key in the history of mankind
>Right shift (possibly the least used key on anyone's keyboard) is bigger than enter
>misplaced Ctrl and Fn
>Arrow keys fucked up every single way, protruding into bezel
>Tenkeyless
>Redundant trackpoint

>being this autistic over keyboards

Jesus Christ. It takes a normal person like 15 minutes to get over slight changes like this. kysmm

>>what's wrong with this?
>this
>that
>and this
>>wow you're autistic haha lol

>PRT SC and positioned for shitposting faster
Neat

Autism confirmed.

>get proven wrong
>"Autism confirmed."
>solve captcha
>Submit

>proven wrong

>not even that tiny, also ISO layout would have a bigger one
>true I guess
>yeah, but can change it in BIOS, shame about them being different sizes so you can't replace the physical keys too
>don't see a problem with arrow keys protruding into bezel desu
>how would you fit a full size keyboard into less than 15.6" laptop ?
>take that back

It being smaller than 15.6" is another flaw if anything. Also 4:3, it could be wider 16:9 or 16:10 and easily fit the same godly keyboard that IdeaPads have.
I'm not going to take criticism of the trackpoint back, as long as there is a trackpad there is no need to have a trackpoint. And if you take away trackpad you might as well not even bother manufacturing more than a 1000 units worldwide.

trackpoint is literally better in pretty much every aspect over trackpad, possibly the biggest plus it being in the middle of the keyboard, meaning you won't need to move your hands when you need to type something
desu I think they only include the trackpad just because they would lose a lot of pleb buyers

>welcome to bad design hq
>enjoy your visitor bundle

also lingscars.com/

the problem is not the ricing itself, but the fact that a single piece of this pure autistic key cap can cost tens, hundreds and even more than a thousand dollarydoos

>push
>handle
why do they do this?
there's plenty of door with a flat panel, which can only be pushed, making it obvious how to use it, why can't they all do this?

Looks like this guy lost control

Because people are retarded.

I remember reading an entire study on this exact thing, and the conclusion was that people are fucking idiots and refuse to use a proven perfect design because it is not always aesthetically pleasing.

Business laptops with 16:9 screens.

no grouping on the F keys, not a big deal but annoying.

As an upside you can fit two windows on a widescreen. I have a 16:10 one though.

your face

it's got nothing to grab onto, therefore it's shit
can't reason it though, it's just shit

that's the point, it can't be mistaken for a pulling handle, because it can't be grabbed, which is a requirement for pulling

How are you going to close the door you retards?

its not hard to mold your own if you like that sorta shit and are not lazy

personally i just take any clear font pbt double caps on offer. they last years

people should be fired over this shit

I don't have a pic.
>Dell xps laptop
>has internal mic
>no way to mute it without muting all inputs short of cutting the wires
>plug in external mic
>ears bleed to the screaming of reverb

No fix for this design flaw.
Oh and to ice the cake.. Only a three part analog plug will do because 2 is too short to reach the jack internally and connect.

Also comes with defective drivers for a Nvidia 540m card that were never fixed and causes endless crashing.

what exactly's wrong with that pic? I can't see any faults. design is impeccable.

by taking your hand off of it

Wake up sheeple

>shitpost
not an argument.

I don't fucking understand how Apple managed to fuck each and every one of these up this badly. Remember "flummoxed"? Yeah, I'm fucking flummoxed, Apple.

>iPhone battery case - just make it rounder like the earlier iPhones, it's a design language you've used for years
>Pencil - literally just invert the fucking lightning adapter. Just plug the fucking cable into it, holy shit
>Mouse - reposition the sensor and lightning port so it can be used while plugged in

The creeper cap is pretty sweet.

They are fine when they are 1920x1080 and higher

>higher
>battery powered small screen
for what purpose
>inb4 you somehow say that too high DPI is good for productivity
then your first argument falls down as 16:10 is the objectively more productive aspect ratio
fuck higher than FHD phones and laptops and fuck 16:9 in general, fucking meme aspect ratio

Underrated.

KEK

You are stupid. They are 3d printed for 1 dollar on ebay.

My high school doors were like this on both fucking sides. It was a nightmare to get out of the classroom.

this makes me want to punch people

>Home, End, PgUp and PgDn not within hand's reach

Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is under no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favor and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?

The only thing I hate is the placement of the FN key, I always hit it when going for CTRL.

>Not using right shift to capitalise letters typed with the left hand
Plebe alert

You can manually swap it in the bios my dude.

>norman doors

You're both wrong.
These are some shitty artisan botique keycaps that float around Reddit. Quantity is very limited (anywhere from 100 made total to only 1) and they're in high demand so retards pay upwards of $200 each.

>Cutting the wire

Just take the two minutes it will take to unplug the microphone cable from the MB. Or disable the mic in Device Manager.

Cut the cable, Jesus Christ. Kill yourself.

shapeways.com/search?q=keycaps&type=

Kill yourself, you fucking retard.

it was comfy imo

> it looks like a keyboard -> job done.
-- Chinese designer

What's that thing on the rshift and backspace key supposed to be?

either that or they were out of control when they built it.

longcat, one of the oldest may mays in existence

Magnets.

So it's a cat dragon? "lungcat"?

no, its just a cat

and what did it do? How was it a meme? Was it like "tl;dr" or something?

"Hey guys you know the second most popular cherry switches? Let's get rid of those in favor of some new gaymer switches!"

to be fair, gamers benefit from short throw switches

keyboard switch technology didn't peak in the 80s, there's a reason not even arcade units use cherry switches.

you went "longcat is long"

>explaining memes

there is no situation, it just is

It was a simpler time...

THATS NOT LONGCAT THATS TACGNOL YOU FUCKING NEWFAGS

>longcat was 10 years ago
>The longcat meme is longer than the age of most actual cats

>longcat is dead

Pls no

>wanting an integrated numpad on a fucking laptop
Enjoy your scoliosis

I already have scoliosis

You can't physically replace them in the bios, though.

Good job

goddamn is that longcat long

>sheeple

Honestly, I find the whole "sheeple" apple argument to be pretty ironic. Generally the only people who push this idea are those who can't afford Apple products and scoff at those who "waste" their money on something that they wouldn't buy.

I've never met a "sheeple" person who has actually owned an Apple computer, and judges it based on its own merits, rather than just blindly hating it because it's cool.

Another thing I've noticed is that it follows a trend based on intelligence level as well

>Computer illiterate/Nomie
These are people who need computers to function in modern life, but would be hard pressed to tell you what a CPU does, etc

>Gamers/"Power users"
Smarter than normies, these are the people that build their PC's, have basic knowledge of most programs, etc.

>Computer Technicians/Repair shop Techs
These guys open up anything with a PCB and go to town on the reg, and have no problem fixing most issues, and generally have a good understanding for the underlying complexities of hardware and software design

>EEC Gurus
lol you can't reball a micro socket with your dick? What are you, gay?

The ONLY group that dislikes Apple to the "sheeple" meme extent is group 2, (in fact, I don't think i've ever met somebody in groups 3 and 4 who didn't own a macbook or at the very least want one). Group 2 suffers from the Dunning-Kruger effect, and they feel frustration towards those who buy something that memes keep telling them is bad.

Back then things were funny for being funny. There was no need for a memelord to come up with some fanfiction around every image in order for it to be a meme. Those were the days.

That's a long cat.

L-lewd

This used to be a bad design thread

you wanna see bad design?
>reddit.com

underrated

hello Alan
i believe you should learn how to save a picture rather than take a screenshot

>I've never met a "sheeple" person who has actually owned an Apple computer

lol, sheep.

Android 9.0 sill put 8.0 icons in a cross and Sony will sue Google, lol.

>cross
its called a fork newfag

humor in longcat is spork XD tier. It's ok to admit that Sup Forums was cringy and unfunny.

Not that it's much better today. The new edgy kids just choose not to even try to be funny in fear of being outed as unfunny.