LINUS'S DAUGHTER

JUST

>Feminism is also important to me in terms of diversity in tech, although as an upper-class white woman with strong connections in the tech world, the problems here affect me much less than they do other people. The same goes for my involvement in intersectional feminism.

>I also think that some community leaders just don't value diversity. It's really easy to argue that tech is a meritocracy, and the reason there are so few marginalized people in tech is just that they aren't interested, and that the problem comes from earlier on in the pipeline. They argue that if someone is good enough at their job, their gender or race or sexual orientation doesn't matter. That's the easy argument. But I was raised not to make excuses for mistakes. And I think the lack of diversity is a mistake, and that we should be taking responsibility for it and actively trying to make it better.

opensource.com/life/15/8/patricia-torvalds-interview

Other urls found in this thread:

intelligence.martinsewell.com/Gottfredson1997.pdf
journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00399/full
www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory
science.sciencemag.org/content/250/4978/223
github.com/patriciaa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>everyone is not equal if we don't give some groups a bigger advantage
reeeeeee

>"That's the easy argument"
>proceeds to ignore it and proposes no rebuttal whatsoever

Rich people are bored and jump on FOTM/Y shit. What's new? Her daddy is worth 200M. She can say whatever the fuck she wants.

Seems pretty reasonable to be desu

That's because some groups have a larger advantage from the beginning. You're basically saying that 6+2 and 8+2 are equal, since ``you're adding the same amount to both".

But does she know how to install Gentoo?

>tech is a meritocracy
>resulting in a lack of diversity
>lack of diversity is a mistake
>thus meritocracy is a mistake
did it ever cross her mind to wonder why meritocracy leads to a lack of diversity? then maybe she'd realize the diversity is the mistake, not a lack of it.

"From each, according to his ability. To each, according to his need."

What does the just thing mean.
I am not up to snuff on my memes.

>It's really easy to argue that tech is a meritocracy, and the reason there are so few marginalized people in tech is just that they aren't interested, and that the problem comes from earlier on in the pipeline.
Whatever happened to Occam's Razor? Does it apply only when it is convenient to you?

>That's because some groups have a larger advantage from the beginning
Yes, like wider and higher IQ range. The tyranny.

You can't argue with these mongoloid fucks. Diversity with meritocracy in science is mostly Whites and AZNs. These will people will whine about that nonetheless.

Fucking spoiled cunt.
(((diversity))) is a cancer to be exterminated.

Yeah let's not get Sup Forums brigading this thread by mentioning how IQ is tied to genetics. Or how specific genetic lineages quickly change the resulting offsprings' placement on the bell curve.

Jews are smarter, more polite and more developed than inferior subhuman goyish savages like you.

Why exactly is marxist cancer like in the OP allowed everywhere but entire scientific fields that happen to contradict it confined to a single board on a taiwanese fingerknitting forum?

Because thought crimes. You'll learn to love diversity or you'll go to jail.

And I thought they were an equestrian recipe board.

It's sad because women have all the power already, they don't realise it, go on these massive rants and inevitably end up all bitter and alone. Tragic.

>spell out convincing argument laid before indicating you might understand its line of reasoning
>call the argument an excuse

These people need to be deleted from existence.

>pretend to give a fuck about diversity in tech
>start giving talks using your father's connections
>collect millions in speaking fees then settle into a comfy job doing nothing at google
the absolute smartest thing she could do desu

>brigading
>>>/reddit/

i want nuchan to leave

feminism is "in" at the moment, it is literally a fad, the majority of women dont give a fuck about feminism, they just want to appear fashionable and "current"

in 5 years we will look back on all this shit and laugh

Brigading and raiding is the same thing you springfag piece of shit.

Hasn't that been disproven though? I remember hearing time and time again that in countries/societies where they give everyone the same advantages ie free education and equal promotion of career studies, that not only did diversity in those fields not improve, it actually accentuated the lack of it. At what point are we gonna sit down and say "well I guess white men, white girls, brown men, brown girls, black men, black girls, asian girls, asian men, etc aren't proportionately interested in x field. And there are downsides to it, because those controlling academia are equalising the playing field by just lowering standards because they don't know what else to do, and it's all they can control anyway. The problem isn't academia or x company not taking x quota, it's the other half of the equation which is the household.

Back to the oven Shlomo.

>Linus Torvalds daughter
>tfw start dating her
>go to meet the family
>get there, sit down and watch tv
>can hear linus in the other room (in his ratty bathrobe, obviously) typing away and reading email
>suddenly
>FUCK YOU POETTERING I FUCKING SAID NOT TO BREAK USERSPACE YOU LITTLE FUCKING GIT
>oh shit
>SHUT THE FUCK UP SARAH NO ONE FUCKING LIKE YOU, YOU LITTLE FUCKING CUNT, I SHOULD FUCKING SAW YOUR HANDS OFF
>ask patricia what the deal is
>'oh this is normal, just try to ignore him'
>dinner time
>he comes down and sits at the table
>start wondering if I should ask him if he liked my recent patch that fixed an obvious security hole
>'so user, do you use linux?'
>oh my god linus torvalds asked me if i use linux..
>this is my chance, finally
>Ι'd јust like tο interјect fοr a mοment. What yοu're referring tο as Linux, is in fact, GΝU/Linux, οr as Ι've recently taken tο calling it, GΝU plus Linux. Linux is nοt an οperating system untο itself, but rather anοther free cοmpοnent οf a fully functiοning GΝU system made useful by the GΝU cοrelibs, shell utilities and vital system cοmpοnents cοmprising a full OS as defined by ΡOSΙX

Give the land back.

go back

If only. it's been a growing "fad" for 100 years starting with giving them the right to vote. I don't know about 5 years, but in 20 years we'll look back and gas the kikes.

>mfw no one reads your green text joke

>Hasn't that been disproven though?
Somebody did a study but it was focused on gender and not race. But yeah, there results were pretty much those, even when given the same education and opportunities, women still didn't go for STEM fields as much as men.

>he thinks IQ is not tied to genetics

Just what you'd expect from a man who's had his balls surgically removed.

>animals that that live in an environment with a variable climate tend to be more adaptive and intelligent due to natural selection weeding out the dumb dumbs that couldn't survive the cold
>said animals can interbreed with animals from stable climates and these other populations tend to be much less successful when placed into variable climates
>this has been validated time and time again by scientific study
>somehow this doesn't apply to humans
damn, really makes you think

I read it and it was funny.

Thank you for that laugh, user.

Except I do.
>500 years of slavery where the biggest dumbest negro was bred ad nauseum as farm equipment
>This had no effect on African American genetic dispositions

Both are an utter tech illiterate and ugly as sin.

Its known as the Norweigian paradox where Norway tried to raise an entire generations of people free from gender norms to create a level playing field and ended up proving that those "societal creations" are in fact natural phenomena.

I knew it, Pepelestinians lose to Wojews in the end.

Not so smug now heh?

What did they mean by this?

Only Nazis think only white males can be competent workers. Clearly her implication is that ``the tech industry is a meritocracy" has become something of a thought-terminating cliche; people just assume it is true, without really looking to see whether it really is, and this results in people remaining ignorant of their implicit biases, with the end result that minority talent is frequently overlooked.

IQ is highly arbitrary, and it isn't free from bias. It's basically just ``my number is bigger than yours" circlejerking. An individual's performance in a concrete skill area, such as solving mathematical problems or coordinating a group effort, is a much better measure of their productivity as an employee.

Go back to your safespace before something triggers you. Oh wait, nevermind, you guys are always triggered about something.

>entire scientific fields
Which were discredited decades ago. That's the nature of science - old theories are dropped when newer ones prove themselves superior at explaining the natural world. You can't use old theories as evidence that the new theories are wrong, the closest you can do is try to find evidence that the experimental support for the newer theories was somehow falsified, or you can provide a new theory that's superior to both the old theory and the current one. But you can't just say, ``well people used to believe this when they had less information about the universe, so it's a valid and rational belief to have today". That's basically flat earther tier reasoning.

>women have all the power
When did this happen? A few decades ago it was perfectly legal for a man to rape his wife, even in supposedly ``civilized" western countries.

There's been countless racial studies too. cultural marxism has been thoroughly debunked by science time and time again. social sciences hand waves what they can with unverifiable theories explaining why the data isn't what they want it to be, eg 'invisible system of oppression,' 'underreporting', 'hidden privilege' 'microopression' etc.

>Ignores recent studies that showed the same IQ variations even when controlled for things like socio-economic status and IQ of gaurdians

Children have a higher chance of having an IQ similar to those of their genetic parents than any environmental change that's introduced throughout their life.

>mock creationists for denying evolution because of religion
>deny evolution because of !religion

Raping your wife is not okay user

Err, the Norweigian gender paradox as the Norweigian paradox is apparently something else involving low economic investment and high economic output. The gender paradox also GREATLY actuated male and female career choices (for example males ended up being 90% of engineers and females ended up being 90% of healthcare workers when it used to be closer to 70% or 80% each.)

INTERNET NAZIS BTFO AGAIN

If a women said this in my country, she'd be murdered. Westerners have given too much freedom to their pets.

Evolution is an evil religion created by the devil to lure everyone away from god to eternal damnation.

I KEK'd

Those ``experiments" really weren't conclusive, since creating a completely controlled environment isn't possible (at least, not without violating at least dozens of ethics rules). That sort of sociological research is difficult to do in general, most of it ends up being case studies full of conjecture, rather than actual controlled large-sample experiments.

>idolizing a Habsburg inbred

Yeah, but ``pop-culture feminism" has really only caught on in the last decade or so.

>but in 20 years we'll look back and gas the kikes.
What makes you think it will go any better than the last time it was tried?

POO

>USE SYMMETRIC COMMENTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>What makes you think it will go any better than the last time it was tried?
This time the kikes will be doing the gassing.

>cultural marxism has been thoroughly debunked by science time and time again
Yes it has, if by ``cultural marxism" you mean belief in the Nazi conspiracy theory about Jewish bolsheviks running the world

Wouldn't children raised by parents other than their genetic parents be too rare to get a useful sample size?

I don't even HAVE a wife, nice projection though :^)

What shithole do you live in that somehow has less freedom of speech than Britain?

>Can't be observed in nature
>Can't be observed with scientific studies
>Can't be observed with scientific studies that attempt to control for variables most attributed to low IQ mongs

>Somehow there's still a way to disprove IQ being associated with genetic lineage

Sounds like me you're better off finding a successful example of "real communism"

What are you even trying to say? No one's denying that there's a correlation between genetics and IQ, but rather that it has little concrete meaning since IQ literally just means ``the score you got on the IQ test". Knowing that the ability to perform well on IQ tests is heritable doesn't really provide much in the way of useful information.

Neither Linus nor Stallman can install gentoo.

>IQ is highly arbitrary, and it isn't free from bias
No, it has very high correlation to many measurable factors, as well as genetic correlation - g is said to be more strongly correlated to genes than even height. Bias is minimal. You are talking out of your ass because it's what you want to believe.

>Which were discredited decades ago
Discredited politically, sure. They're not remotely discredited within academia as scientific theories, they've only become even more well established over time. TWICE now all the major geneticists have gathered together to sign a petition pleading the people and the press to stop fucking lying about their scientific consensus, and explaining in no unclear terms what exactly is and isn't established. Yet we still get bad faith liberals like you maliciously lying just to push your unscientific propaganda.

intelligence.martinsewell.com/Gottfredson1997.pdf
journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00399/full
www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

So much low quality bait in this thread. Is Sup Forums really this easy to troll?

>muslims are among the most inbred populations in the world
>over 50% of muslim marriages are between first cousins
>the qu'ran says to live like mohammad who married his cousin
>passage 4:23 explicitly forbids incest with the one exception being towards cousins
>muslim women wear bags and are segregated from men
>muslim men's exposure to women is generally limited to their own family
>inbreeding never turns out well
>somehow muslims aren't genetically inferior
damn, really makes you think

Oh so there's no link between IQ and intellectual success. I'll let the guy working the cash register at 7-11 know. He'll be interested in finally getting that engineering degree from Harvard.

the gender paradox is that if women were actually paid 30% less than men for the same work, companies would be clamoring to hire them because muh neoliberal capitalism

>No, it has very high correlation to many measurable factors
Care to mention what some of those factors are?

>They're not remotely discredited within academia as scientific theories
Are you kidding? Academia can't even coherently define what ``intelligence" is, never mind come up with an accurate way of measuring it.

BUT OBAMA SAID THAT SO IT MUST BE TRUE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck off brown skinned whiny faggot. Considering white people built the entire modern world you're lucky to even fucking live in it.

I am not one of those edgy guys you were replying to but , I believe society should strive towards giving people the same opportunities rather than providing certain groups with advantages. That just creates the idea of entitlement among those groups which in turn makes it so that we have the retarded stuff we have right now , as in "Cars are now sexist in Sweden so men shouldn't drive cars" or "Black lives matter , but only black lives". These things don't aim for diversity and are all attempting to exterminate a certain ethnicity all because "They are racist and privileged" while in reality, all they are doing is shifting the balance towards a group that would rather have equity and that has already repented on what they have done.

>Scandinavia will be Islamic in your lifetime
It's for the best.

Someone skipped their world history class

Tfw I'm a Romanian and American mix and I'm in a relationship with a first cousin and she's pregnant with my child right now and she's due may 4th and the doctors said she will be healthy.

If you look at history the Catholics are to blame for this cousin incest scare. They banned it because families kept money in the family but the Catholics wanted to forcefully spread the wealth.

>cultural marxism is a conspiracy theory
Nice conspiracy theory. You know that marxist theorists do not deny it at all, right? They just call it the "Frankfurt School school of thought" or "marxist social theory". No, you only know how to repeat received talking points to specific trigger words.

>world history
>we wuz kangz
Pick one.

Well, why didn't he study at Harvard? Is it because he didn't have the money for it? Or was he just not interested in that kind of career? You're making the mistake of assuming that IQ is invariably the cause of everything that can even be POTENTIALLY caused by IQ.

No, because part of the wage gap theory is that people consider women to be less productive workers. That's a large part of the supposed REASON for the wage gap in the first place. If a worker only does 70% as much work, they should only be paid 70% as much. You could hire more of those workers for the same price as other workers, but there wouldn't be any real increase in productivity.

It's not as much a conspiracy as a meaningless phrase used by retards. If you ask those people what it actually means, nobody will be able to give you a coherent answer.

If there's some invisible force stooping colored people from working in tech then how did P O O S become so prominent?

>A test designed to measure a person's ability to infer a correct answer, but not test the person's prior knowledge
>A test that treats human's as inference engines, which is known as the core basis for intelligence and the ability to gain new knowledge.
>Quantifying a person's aptitude as an inference engine has no correlation to their ability to understand new concepts or be described as "intelligent"

I hope you've never done AI, because you'd be beaten for shoveling propaganda this stupid.

I'm sure Linus is at least happy that she's interested in CS
In the Debian interview he was not expecting that either of his daughters would be interested in CS.

Tell me more about how advanced brown countries are when they still live in huts/shacks and shit in the street in most of them.

>linus didn't dick his daughter into submission
top cuck

It's ``'', not ``". Way to embarrass yourself.

>im not always racist so racism isn't a big deal
kys conservashit

I'm white though.

Yeah I honestly agree with that, at least in theory. But at the same time we shouldn't pretend that we do already live in an egalitarian society, in situations where that isn't the case. That's like pretending a job is done when it really isn't, with the result that the job never does get done.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

>No, you only know how to repeat received talking points to specific trigger words.
Funny how you're saying that, when that's literally all you Sup Forumsbabbies are able to do.

user, some people actually DO believe this nonsense.

It's time to stop white-splaining and step aside. Every post of yours takes up space that POC could be using to express their experience.

wew lad

>Wouldn't children raised by parents other than their genetic parents be too rare to get a useful sample size?
No. And twin studies are an even better measure, since identical twins have exactly the same genome, when they're reared in other households, you can compare very clearly what is environmental influence and what isn't.
science.sciencemag.org/content/250/4978/223

True that.

Lets talk Memri TV, and why it's the best station on the web.

>create linux
>fail as a father

Basically this. The more naturally advantageous will help take care of the ones who are in a naturally disadvantageous situation.

Since when are IQ tests not dependent on prior knowledge? There's virtually no form of useful reasoning that is not dependent on prior knowledge. You really think if someone was raised in a black box since birth, they'd be able to get a decent score on an IQ test?

>"progressive" politics
>interest in CS
no

in the interview she says she is a member of this: facebook groups LadiesStormHackathons
Take a look at the posts and tell me if they are related to CS. It's all politics.

Anything without whites is the best.

>having children that are able to think for themselves makes you a bad parent
wew lad

I liked how she never talked about any contributions she has allegedly made to foss

github.com/patriciaa

i mean i get she's only 18 but come on, this whole interview was a waste of time and don't tell me those medals and shit that she was awarded, were given to her for non political/publicity reasons.

clickbait of the highest form.

>S'S

Kill yourself immediately, you fucking retard.

>Takes example to absurd extreme to try and disprove it.

No, a dependence on basic language skills is required to take an IQ test. Something that's inherent to all humans.

Hopefully it is just a phase.
Linus needs to show her the light so she becomes a redpilled member of the Linux Community

>not racist if people can do their job well so hire them and make money
wtf I'm a radical centrist btw

Linus is just an angsty cuck.

what the fuck makes you think he knows anything other than throw a shit fit because people want meaningful and useful features in linux like asynchronous IO features like Windows NT IO gates.

Linus is a fucking idiot and Linux was a mistake.