Ryzen 5 1600 running Witcher 3

First video of Ryzen 5 1600 running Witcher 3 with a RX 470.

youtube.com/watch?v=WmfkCNxZhm8

Same guy who posted this: reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/617dkc/happy_with_my_new_build_with_ryzen_r5/

What do you guys think? Anyone have comparable benchmarks with an i5?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aq5BCA86uto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also note he isn't able to get his RAM past 2400MHz and his clock past 3.7GHz stable.

Seems like a bios/mobo & ram issue for the moment, possibly will be resolved?

The overclock is not a Mobo issue as the 1700/1800 don't overclock for shit either.

The DDR4 issue is still up in the air
Some say it's a hardware limitation of Zen, others say it's shitty mobo BIOS

Why is it so SHIT

Same old same old. User doesn't know how to setup his shit properly. Using recent builds of Prime95 with AVX is also dumb as it puts unusual strain on even Intel CPU's. I bet he don't know that though. I would not trust this for anything.

What would you do differently?

in the meantime intel has it's own spychip you cant turn off on your mb. what a time to be alive.

mobo manufacturers are cucking AMD so fucking hard. how they haven't been sued for this is baffling
>we make more money when cucks buy intel as they have to upgrade each year and pay more for the same features too
smart of them for going after profits, though it really is a dirtbag thing to do

It's on AMD partially they said they will work out the Memory Controller later. Although I don't think AND anticipated how useless and incompetent the motherboard manufacturers were on speccing out a high end part.

They're so used to being forced fed compliant specs from Intel that they don't know how to do their fucking jobs anymore.

No comparison, no talk

rx 470 gets maxed out pretty easily on tw3, gpu bottleneck. irrelevant test.

theres a benchmark out there on youtube running 3600 mhz ram with ryzen, and it's on par or beats a 5 ghz 7700k in multi threaded games like gta v or bf1.

Fucking this.

What software would you use to stress-test then?

On the overclocking, he is at 1.2v 1.3v gets many people on 1700 to 3.9 some to 4.0

>1700
> DON T OVERCLOCK SHIT

yes sure +30% now is a shitty overclock

He just posted a new benchmark of Total War Attila.

It looks unplayable under his setup, something is obviously wrong with his setup/this game or perhaps the 1600 is just a bad CPU?

youtube.com/watch?v=aq5BCA86uto

The ram timing configuration for high end board is sad, they prob spend more time making UI for the bios

For Sup Forumstards and shills if it isn't 5 Ghz it's shit, people have unironically posted that Bulldozer was better due to it's higher clocks
For some reason they forgot that aside from the shit value 7700K nothing OC's to that

>rx470

Fucking meaningless it's an entirely GPU bottlenecked game at that point

The CPU is sitting at 40% barely used it's his shit tier GPU bottlenecking everything. His benches are meaningless.

They aren't meaningless, that's what people can expect on a build with a RX470, which is pretty reasonable since that's what people looking for good value or budget builds would get
If you want muh 720p+1080Ti tests you might as base your entire testing on synthetic benchmarks

The Ryzens are way overkill for the 470.

Even an old ass FX6300 doesn't bottleneck a 470.

1700X isn't hard to get to 4.2ghz stable on water

its a fucking 470 wake up Sup Forums