/guts/ - Guts thread

post them

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P4G53010
valid.x86.fr/e5h92j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone?

wait a sec, I'll take a shitty pic with my shitty phone of my shitty components on my shitty case on shitty lightning and post here on this shitty thread on this shitty imageboard

ree it's not fair! why is your retirement home as good as my main PC!
Well, I guess I have an X6...

my flashlight is charging up, just some minutes pls

Im about to receive my last build part.

Any tips when it comes to cable management?
Zip ties or should i buy velcro?

Case:HAF912.

Looks good OP

Serial diodes are a bad idea.
Only needs one to be leakier than the other and the PD will divide diffferently, perhaps fatally for the "good" diode.

Just took a new pic. Dusted it and added some chink cable combs.

very clean
looks good except raidmax psu.
super clean, looks like an advertisement.

Found a M4E new in the box on craigs so I grabbed it for $80 not knowing it was an EATX. Had to make a little clearance because the backplate doesn't line up with the opening and it covered all the wiring cutouts but it turned out okay.

r8 plz

nice, specs?
Also is there reason why isn't your GPU in the top pci slot?

bump

What do you use the older PC for?

needs a case with black interior

Hello my guts-ers! Wonderful day today.

Linux testing/dual booting, shitpost box, media center, "retro" gaming (some gaymes wont work on win 10), and general use since im in college and visit my parents every weekend or so

it also serves a good purpose of putting my old computer parts to good use since they might not be good for triple a gaymen, rendering, or recording but it can still be put to good use

get rekt i did it first

>intel stock cooler
get rid of that shit, get a hyper 212 evo

full retard much

>ios
fuck off applelfag

I spent probably 10 hours rebuilding this machine over the last week. I think this is as good as it's going to get until I get power supply extention. Looking for some pwm air flow fans too but undecided if it's worth.
[email protected]
Ddr4 3600 @@ cl 14
980ti @ 1550mhz
Phanteks p400

Considering just doing push pull on the rads too but once again undecided. I'm the retard rhat used to post the white NZXT phantom with the matx board and gtx1060.

I use all platforms.

My tablet is android, my desktop is pc, my laptop is a macbook dual booting windows and OSX, my phone is an iPhone SE and my server is running fedora. I own AMD products and Nvidia Products and Intel Products.

Willingly subscribing to ignorance and hatred makes you weak and frail and stupid.

waiting for this to arrive. I don't trust the big coolers and this one fits the bleu theme

Soft tubing is master race. The top build is nice because of the loop, bottom is patrician tier.
Good practical value build. Clean it, you'll be happy about the results.
Your top tier camera makes it look great but I can appreciate the color matched parts.
Unpainted interior is retro as Fuck I like it.
Your fan is kawaii fag
Mirin
Those cables look expensive.
Me. Pic related is how it looked a week ago.

kys

>tablet
i too fell for this meme but there is still no use for that

but some things are without question shit like linux on desktop, tablets, apple products, anything that intel or nvidia makes that amd has a viable alternative to

op here, that bottom one was my first computer, built in 2009

and when i say first i mean first that i solely owned, we had like a family computer since the 90's

>Those cables look expensive.
Holy shit. I thought they came with the PSU, but they actually cost $90.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA6P4G53010

>paying $90 for custom PSU cables
maximum autism

Home server guts, assembled just couple days ago.

That's a 780, buying a 1080 in a week or two.

What is the problem sunshine?

>Bought a Nvidia GPU that got fucked over by shit driver support
>This buying another one will be any better

Breath of the Wild is overrated.

I got the 780 for free because friendos are a nice asset.

Try not being a poorfag

my cables were like 20 bucks, who's spending the cost of a new PSU on sleeving??

Does that SATA M.2 drive really need those heatsinks ?

you don't have to lie, i don't blame you for spending $700 on it

Where did you get cables like these for 20 bucks?

A bunch of companies make them they are just extentions.

Lads im considering buying this right here for a total of 1250 dollars.

Powersupply

Corsair CX550M, 550W PSU
ATX 12V v2.4, 80 Plus Bronze, Semi Modular, 2x 6+2-pin PCIe, 6x SATA

Processor

Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Processor
Socket-LGA1151, Quad Core, 3.8GHz, 6MB cache, 91W, 14nm, HD630, utan kylare

Processor-cooler

Cooler Master Hyper TX3i CPU Kylare
775/1150/1151/1155/1156, 800-2200 RPM, 17-30 dBA

Motherboard

ASUS Prime Z270-P, Socket-1151
Moderkort, ATX, Z270, DDR4, 2xPCIe-x16, CFX, USB 3.0
DDR4 Memory

DDR4 Memory

Crucial DDR4 2400MHz 8GB
2x4GB 2400MHz (PC4-19200) DDR4 CL17 SR x8 Unbuffered DIMM, 288pin

GPU

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL
Grafikkort, PCI-Express 3.0, GDDR5, DL-DVI-D, 2xHDMI 2.0, 2xDP
SSD / Hårddisk - Primär lagringsenhet

SSD

Samsung PM961 SSD 256GB M.2 NVMe
V3 TLC, Polaris, up to 2800/1100MB/s read/write, for production only
SSD / Hårddisk

HDD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" HDD
SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB cache, 3.5"

Problem is, im unsure if i should wait for pricedrops for the gpu? I heard some dude said vega will release soon which will make 1060 drop in price. What do you think? should i buy this now or wait a week or two?

Lel

If you are in US you can get a gtx 1070 or 1080 for very cheap i was able to get a gtx 1070 new for 320 dollars. Also on ebay i had an offer accepted on a gtx 1080 for 400.

Why do people insist on copying the entire damn product listing? I especially see it with people from non-english countries. For example, instead of
>ASUS Prime Z270-P, Socket-1151 Moderkort, ATX, Z270, DDR4, 2xPCIe-x16, CFX, USB 3.0
All we need is
>Asus Prime Z270-P
Seriously. I bet you're just copying the whole screen from some shitty pre-built you configured, aren't you?

Yes. They get pretty warm. Some of the nice NVMe ones throttle, too.
$20 of sleeving materials and time, user

Yeah, I knew the NVMe ones got too hot out of the box.
Figured a SATA model would be less of a house fire since it's slower, though.

>I don't trust the big coolers
why

I was about to ask the same thing.

Bump

Maybe try flipping your HDDs and SSDs around if you can so the cables don't have to loop around like that.

Dead thread. I didn't get a single h8 or even a r8.
This is pretty unique and a good idea, I'm going to try it out later. The whole using the GPU as a barrier between lighting zones. Wish I had a god rgb controller.
Agree, I want a m2 just to find a clever way to cool it.

Can't do, it sits by a wall and the drives need to be serviceable from this side.

all are x16 slots. it is on nf200 instead of native but see no differences in benches. Did this because R9 390*c @ 1100mhz 24/7 clock, runs at 80+c fully loaded. This gives it a little more room between the backpate/griddle and the HSF. cpu temp is the same at lower fan speeds. Not that I can hear it over the GPU fan

specs are shit but is was under $600 from the old i3 2100/6850 to this with an old syncmaster x1600, storage drives are from a broken laptop and an external popped out of the case. good enough for me.
valid.x86.fr/e5h92j
same case since 2011, filters, plenty of fan mounts. I might put zen+ in this same case.
see above
build looks solid, maybe putting 2 of the drives in the 2.5 bay would be neater but prob more functional as is.

looks good, backwards drives for easy swaps?
clean, I think the cables could be a lil better.
time for gpu update, very tidy
very clean but @ 2 aio coolers, why no custom loop?
nice
>purple and red leds
>Lel
That's not funny, my cousin died that way.

that's the old computer,
I just upgraded a bunch of stuff, new build is
phantom is sitting in my closet.

Legendary case but the super-mid tower fad that the s340 started is just to good to resist, the p400 is a pleasure to work with.

should be able to oc dat moar mayn. Got my 3770k to 4.4 ghz with only 0.01V change. And i only have a hyper 212 evo and its still cool

I wasn't actually going for the two colors in my case but i had already bought it for a really good price.

I know i have a mess down there but I'll upgrade for Ryzen 1600x soon and I don't want to do the same work 2 times.

>buying a housefire lake cpu

what cpu is in there now?

An old fx-6300

Just in case you guys were unaware. Either way nice builds.

Pardon the sloppy setup, I just moved so it's cramped. Loving the 7600k so far, and the S340 is probably one of the funnest cases I've built in in a while.

>housefire cpu
>housefire gpu

GPU doesn't get about 65-70C under load, and the CPU gets to maybe 60C and that's only on a mediocre HyperT4. I guess that's " housefire" tier, but since I'm overclocking both to the highest I can possibly push them, I think it's not too shabby.

they can damage cpu and or tear off in transport. If you don't ned a big cooler it's not a risk worth taking.

Just finished this, what do I win?

muh meme build

unfortunately for you they don't give out awards for being a a fucking worthless twat with money.

because they're big, heavy and dangerous. Low profile or liquid cooling are the only acceptable options to me

Big and heavy are obvious, but you're overstating the risks involved. I had a Noctua D14 (over 1KG) dangling off my motherboard for years without issue. I even took it to LAN parties like that. The only reason I'm not still using it is because I had the money and the desire to get my feet wet and build a custom loop instead.

What do you mean "win"?

The race is never over. You can't get off mr computer builders wild ride.

>(((founders))) edition

Might slap a EVGA hybrid kit on it someday but it's fine as of now, not all that loud and I wear noise canceling headphones too

The FEs were available first. What's the problem with that?

They are ugly.

So's your mother. Your point?

Not really

you're right, bright green LEDs look so nice

Bro!

I didn't clean it up :)

But I have no plans this morning, maybe I'll do it now and take a new picture.. Pc probably needs a restart anyway.

>IDE
But why? A SATA DVD drive is like $15 if you actually need one.

My sata burner shat itself. Gonna get a new one, just threw in this one temporarily.

Actually, this whole setup is temporary. Waiting for my Zen shit to arrive for my matx rig. Using a slimline/slotin burner there, but thats the one that broke. China shit.

Pic is previous guts in matx case.

>Pic is previous guts in matx case.
Cheezus Christ, it's horrifying.

Brooooooo

Jesus Christ, not even mine is this bad

Fuck I miss my accelero xtreme iv

I don't miss the 970 that hit all three walls for overclocking, thermal wall (prior to the accelero), voltage wall (t-t-thanks nvidia) and power limit (with custom bios, 295w was pulled during benchmarking).

You should delid if you already haven't, I was able to get mine under 5ghz with a shitty 92mm rosewill cooler

Finally fixed the fucking cable management. I also added a second RGB kit from Deepcool while I was at it (for dual color combos etc).

reddit gold

I see most of you guys have the cpu radiator's fans blowing air rear top. Wouldn't it be ideal to push the air straight top since hot air naturally rises? Am I missing something ?

Talk to the heatsink makers not us

>rgb
why

Rgb is cool as Fuck and it only costs like 10 bucks for a strip.

Either your name us Nick Lindhal from Reddit or you are lying.

I've Seen this build being repost twice already this morning on IG

Timestamps please.

>You should delid if you already haven't
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little scared to. I'm not exactly "well off" and can't just buy a new i5 if I mess the delidding up. It's something that I really would like to do though since I love squeezing performance out, and I definitely have watched videos of it already, but I'm just a little iffy on actually doing it.