It's not happening

hardforum.com/threads/ryzen-7-1700-b350-overclocking-tidbits.1926296/

Best budget Ryzen review I've read so far. 3.8 8c on stock cooler looks feasable with good tim. All 4ghz+ runs have been on X370 boards with high end air cooling or water, that last 200mhz is going to cost you.
>4.0 ghz on stock cooler, less power than 7700k
1.4 vcore or higher needed on all chips and the wraith isn't cooling 200w

Ryzen overclocks like garbage. It's a really bad overclocker.
However, with good RAM it's a performance beast on stock clocks.

You mean it overclocks to a lower absolute number. Proportionally the 1700 overclocks better than the 7700K.

Yeah sure the 1800X is damn close to the limit, but even the 1700X OCs better proportionally than the 7700K.

B chipset boards are really cheap so It's kinda worth it

Just think, you got a mobo+cpu combo under 400$ and the cpu is a 8 core with BDW-e IPC

There's literally no better value at the moment

Pls don't compare GHz across AMD/Intel.

We're at a point where there's not much difference. We might aswell be comparing Haswell to skylake - the results will be simillar.

Except you can get an entire 16 core dual E5-2670 system for $600.

It's a bit silly to compare a 20% overclock to a 10% overclock and complain the 20% overclock is closer to a voltage wall

Old chipset, low clocks.

FIFTY TWO WATTS?!

How can Intel ever recover?

Does Ryzen really bottom out at 1.000V for 3.3/3.4 GHz, or does wattage in fact go lower?

Are there any actually good B350 boards out there? It seems everything is either slow or broken.

because its a fucking 8 core, getting to 4ghz on all cores on a 8 core is harder than it is on a 4 core, expectantly on a brand new architecture, i guarantee there will prob be 4.5-5ghz ryzen 8 cores as the arch matures

>However, with good RAM it's a performance beast on stock clocks.
Good thing it doesn't have huge RAM-issues with current BIOS-versions. At all.

TOPKEK

I run my r7 1700 at 3.8ghz with memory clocked at 3200mhz on a msi b350 tomahawk board

u mad?

I want to have a baby from you.

that's gay, dude

but you said you were using AMD

It's not gay if there's love.

>faggot keep buying gay ram
I bought 3200 MHz EVGA RAM from Microcenter, Had it shipped to me next day for 11 dollarydoos and it worked at the XMP profile at any CPU clock. I was even able to trim the timings. Just because fags buy garbage boards and RAM doesn't mean Ryzen is bad.

u mad

evga makes ram?

anyways yea the asus mobos are absolute trash this time around, the asrock ones are the best amd mobos right now

Goes much lower.

Can the ryzen work with 64gb 16x4 DDR4 3200?

Officially it works only at 2400. But if done an overclock, can it work?

I asked specifically for 3.3/3.4 GHz.
What's really the power floor for that frequency range?

can confirm, I have an ab350 pro4

Why don't you head back to plebbit and ask?