Future technology your most looking forward to?

Future technology your most looking forward to?

>driverless cars

can't wait to be able to shitpost whilst driving to work

can't wait to hack the shitty firmware in your driverless car and drive you off the road so i get to work faster

Driverless cars will be incredible

10 million+ Americans out of work and reliant on welfare. Crashing this country with no survivors.

why are you in such a hurry to waste your life at work

you'll spend your entire life at work then you'll die for nothing

I don't know, fibre optics internet on my farm in 20 years, maybe

New material for CPUs
Silicon is fucking dead.
Bring on the new materials and Photonics so we can get back to seeing some real improvements.

I ride a motorcycle, so I can't wait for driverless cars either.

Go back to your tesla shell site, driverless cars are still a decade away. Come back when they can drive in the rain/snow. Hell come back when they can drive in bright sunlight

Crashless cars

Governmentless country when?

Give a me driverless bus.

>Future technology your most looking forward to?
i look forward to the anti-science, anti-consumerism, anti-capitalism and anti-technology revolution

underrated post

Hah. Fucking this.

Uber doesn't really care about anything, they don't understand the concept of quality service.

driverless motorcycles when

The only driverless car id be willing to own

A fucking goddam battery tech that allows my phone to be on for an entire week, and does not burn or explode.
This is the key to everything else: electric cars, renewable energy => cheap energy produced near towns and cities, affordable small aviation, etc.

But apparently is easier to achieve cold fusion than this.

its just that people want THINN phones over BIG batteries.
if you were to make a phone a few mm thicker and fit it with battery it would last for weeks.

i just want a thicc phone like a 5 inch 3gs

sounds like disaster

Li-Ion just can cope with times.
On the other hand, MUH large screeen which needs a god damn nuclear reactor.

Nanorobots.

>driverless cars
Now the CIA can kill you in a car accident without even leaving a physical trace, nice!

Meh. The peak of automobile engineering was reached in the late 1990s. When you were still driving the car and not the other way round. When the car didn't tell you how to drive. When a failing unit that controls your left read indicator didn't mean that the car wouldn't start at all. When you never got locked out of your car because your remote ran out of battery.

With all these driving assistence bullshit, why not take the train instead? You'll have more leg room there and it's cheaper in the long run.

what socket will the 8th gen intel processor use?

i'm thinking in buying a cheap h110m mainboard with a cheap pentium but plan to buy a i7-8700 if they use the same socket

pls respond

enjoy cia niggers or hackers driving you off a cliff you nigger cattle

bump

Immortality.

Advanced body crafting.

I can't wait for driverless cars because it'll make tuk-tuk drivers starve to death and I'll be able to visit a tropical country without having deal with those cunts triggering my autism with their incessant noise and ripping me off. It'll be like going to Europe 10 years ago.

Soon.

Fuck driver-less cars. Never in a million years will I own one.

Depending too much on computers. Of course It will serve some good but also some Bad.

> t. time traveler
You can still buy most cars with no power anything except steering, and a manual geared transmission. If you're talking about ABS and shit, those technologies are proven to make driving safer. The only thing I personally can't stand are four foot wide support pillars obstructing my view of the road. They're like that on most cars because they increase the crash rating, but I'd prefer to just not get in an accident in the first place.

Underrated

full-dive MMORPGs a la SAO

Both are boring. The only reason you're doing something is because of limited time. Given infinite time you will be doing absolutely nothing. Also, body crafting will just be a waste of time as haircuts, fashion and bodybuilding are.

Enjoy not being allowed on any road worth talking about and like 30 km/h speed limits everywhere because muh super dangerous manual vehicles

That reminds of Doctor Who series 4 episode where cars with self-driving features were droving people-targets in lakes.

High capacity SSDs for extremely cheap

Haiku OS running well on most hardware

BlackBerry10 resuming development of their BB10 OS in full force

Sailfish becoming an actually viable replacement for Android, iOS and BB10

Ubuntu Mobile becoming an actually viable replacement for Android, iOS and BB10

Release upgrades on Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based distros that break NOTHING and leave no unnecessary packages behind whatsoever

Microsoft announces endless support for Windows 7, or commits to releasing audited and verified versions of their OSes that contain no telemetry

Apple announcing a return to the PPC architecture and releasing a revamped Newton Messagepad that can accurately convert your stylus scribbles to unicode plaintext

A full-blown, stable LXQT desktop available for all LiGNUx distros

Tobacco cigarettes that are good for your health

Widespread, legal, affordable, over the counter availability of smart drugs, softer psychedelics, and medicines that are useful for functioning in today's world (e.g. zithromax and other short-term antibiotic regimens for seasonal flus and shit)

>affordable small aviation
My plane cost more than my civic

What if I told you you already depend on computer?

Robot loli waifus

cia nigger detected

Will self-driving cars lead to a 12 hour workday where you're expected to start working as soon as you step into your company funded self-driving carpool?

>If you're talking about ABS and shit, those technologies are proven to make driving safer.

Missing the point. ABS and traction control are still driver assists. All these add on and assists are because people would rather be ignorant/lazy/etc than learn a skill. No one cares about anything anymore, its all just instant rewards and short attention spans. imho all this crap has made people even more lazy and stupid behind the wheel because "lol my car has automatic emergency braking so its totally fine if I dick with my phone while doing 80mph on the highway". We have tpms forced on us (increasing cost and complexity) all because people are too stupid and/or careless to check their tires every once in a while. We should stop catering to the dumbing down of society, and I don't just mean cars either.

That's a rose tinted perspective. Drivers have always been shit, but deaths are going down because of the safety features. It eases my mind to know that bitch in the SUV won't rear end me because she's doing her makeup or whatever the fuck, but that her car will yell and precharge the brakes.

99% of predictions about the future never come true

>shitpost whilst driving to work
You're not driving.

A new one. Not kidding. The lga 1151 is already dead.

I remember when techtards thought self driving cars would be commonplace by 2020. Techtards really don't know shit.

>We have tpms forced on us
holy shit since when? I love mine, especially when its -30 out and the valve stems are frozen shut. Don't have to get out of the car to check the pressures.

you're out of the car when you walk to it, bruh.

Stem cell therapy that can repair muscle damage.

Better question is why Uber is getting retardedly ahead of itself?

Ever other major driveless car research company, which have all been around and working on this shit years before Uber, are all still in the learning and testing phase.

Meanwhile Uber just shits out the first car it can straight onto the road.