Other urls found in this thread:

download.haiku-os.org/nightly-images/x86_64/
haiku-os.org/tags/arm
haiku-os.org/blog/mmu_man/2016-07-11_story_arcs_and_arch_stories/
youtube.com/watch?v=r4sTwDpHVDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not yet. But it's funny how much better than ReactOS it is

Another shitty Linux distro

Installing it today OP!! FUCKING SIKED TO USE IT AND GET THE COMFY PC NOSTALGIA GOING ON

this is open source, right?

sometimes i wonder why people just don't port display servers and GUIs from open source operating systems instead of relying on Xorg or building one from scratch (Wayland, Mir)

I didn't look at the source, but the Haiku GUI seems to be wedged to the OS, like Windows. Is porting it even worth the effort?

Another shitty bait post

wat u mean by year of haiku? more than 0.001% users?

>lainfags still this obsessed

All joking aside, I'd love to see something like Haiku rise up as a clean and straightforward workstation OS, free from built-in advertising and "use our cloud plz". Imagine that. An operating system that runs your applications and nothing more.

What's really going to fuck it up is that it's 32bit.

I don't mind too much as it works awesome on my T60, but even RISC-OS Open has more longevity by being tied to ARM which is a still-living architecture.

It needs support
So does BSD

>What's really going to fuck it up is that it's 32bit.

Only the default builds are 32bit. Haiku was ported to x86_64 some years ago, look it up. Nightly 64bit builds: download.haiku-os.org/nightly-images/x86_64/

At this point most of the hpkg's in repos are 32bit, but that's just because it's still in pre-beta hell. You can use HaikuPorter to compile apps from the source recipes yourself

hipster scum like you should fuck off to /r/haikuos and or early 90s.

it's literally 2017 now, come on

>even RISC-OS Open has more longevity by being tied to ARM which is a still-living architecture
One or two crazy fucks began porting Haiku to ARM boards in past years, but no one else gives a fuck, so the arm port's progress is even slower. I think by now it's booting on couple ARM-based devices, but that's it. You need at least four of those guys to develop drivers for all that system on a chip stuff, etc.
haiku-os.org/tags/arm
haiku-os.org/blog/mmu_man/2016-07-11_story_arcs_and_arch_stories/

tl;dr no one cares, it's in underdevelopment hell

>HAIKUED.COM

I lost all hope like 10 years ago.

>it's current year
Not an argument.

Especially when Haiku devs look like this cuck
youtube.com/watch?v=r4sTwDpHVDY

>Not an argument.
for you

also pls leave this board, Sup Forumsfag

>Sup Forumsfag

I dont give a shit what they look like, I just want them to release a good OS which can run my shitty software.

Haiku's it's own OS while ReactOS is an open source Windows implementation. It makes sense that the one that's completely independent and isn't essentially reverse engineering Windows is making more progress.

Did they get WiFi support?

Haiku is BeOS open source implementation you nigger.

Yes. Well, it works on my T60.

And BeOS is dead, it's whatever the fuck they want it to be now, you retard.

You expect from them too much :^)

> Using market share argument
> Same for Opera
> Opera best browser ever
Should I go on Haiku, user-tachi?

Opera got few percent when it was good.

I think the T60(p) is one of the rare machines wich are fully compatible (except for 3d acceleration, of course)

Shit's comfy and werks fine on the W520.