Current year

>current year
>not using DNScrypt

You ISP can track everything you do, this is the nature of the internet.

No, that isn't the nature of the internet if you use proper encrypted protocols, dumbass.

DNScrypt isn't meant to protect against tracking, it's meant to provide security. It's like HTTPS but for DNS.

And the messages are still in plaintext with DNScrypt. Who's the dumbass?

Once again the CIA Niggers win.

The uberhyped DNS leak meme has been applied out of contest on many shitposts netwide.

WELL DONE CIA NIGGER

>encrypted
>in plaintext
okay. I am lost now.
Also, not the guy you were replying to.

So it's only good against people on your network?

In anycase, I use OpenNIC so I don't need to make a faggy ass DNS account and have it be tracked.

It's end-to-end protection between dns server and you, preventing anyone in between impersonating the server. Several OpenNIC servers enable dnscrypt

No, they arn't. At least from client to DNScrypt server.

But i do, and so does everyone on my network.

So while it may prevent spoofing, it doesn't provide privacy. So anyone that could intercept your traffic would see what domain names are being rquested.

No. It works the same way http and https does.
Due to the nature of udp and tcp it obviously will prevent spoofing, since it uses a tcp connection instead of the classic udp one.

why doesn't it just werk?
apt-get install dnscrypt

why do I actually have to set shit up?

what DNS should I use?
I'm going to just set dnscrypt up on my pihole cuz it's fucking easier to do than it is on debian

you probably didn't set up your dns, which should be loopback

what?
I haven't done shit. my pi hole works fine though

i was saying in case you installed it on your local pc you'd have to configure the network settings so it asks 127.0.0.1 instead of 8.8.8.8 or whatever you have currently

I've used 8.8.8.8 a few years ago but it interefered with some piracy sites, cannot recommend.

>2011
>not memorizing ip addresses
>shiggy diggy doo

>Not running your own DNS and pulling DNS records from a logless site through a VPN or TOR.

Are you even trying?

How do you do that?

But user, I am

It increased load times slightly so I'm back to plain Unbound DNS