What is the best Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU, Sup Forums?

What is the best Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU, Sup Forums?

My trusty 280x has been chugging along for some time now, and I really want to upgrade. I can't however, justify the price tags for 1080/Ti and Vega probably will be the same price as 1080Ti, so I'm settling for 1070.

Other urls found in this thread:

evga.com/articles/01084/evga-icx/
youtu.be/UtyaGppWknE
kfa2.com/kfa2/graphics-card/hof/kfa2-geforcer-gtx-1070-hof.html
youtu.be/WAbl0fLY06U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any EVGA with iCX

Why specifically iCX? What's so great about it?

You get that premium feel that does not come with the lesser models.

EVGA has the best customer support but their cards are pretty middle of the pack.

MSI gaming and ASUS strix have the most silent and coolest models (respectively).

Palit and Gainward the best but can be hard to find.

>EVGA has best customer support and software, coolers are decent but high quality
>MSI and strix both have horrible customer support, MSI cards have shitty coolers, strix cards have decent coolers but fans break easily
>Palit and Gainward best
>gigabyte meh
FTFY

>ASUS Strix and MSI
This
Asus fan blades break so damn easily and their customer support fucking sucks, MSI will just flash your bios and send it back to you or both will just send you a refurbished model

I got a PNY GeForce GTX 1070 XLR8 with the triple fan cooler 320 new off Ebay. Doesn't go over 60C with an oc.

It's an improvement with the mistakes they learned from ACX 3.0 in mind. Unfortunately, it's only offered on the FTW and Classified models. Just save yourself the extra money and get the stock clocked or Superclocked ACX model instead.

Cheapest one you can find. Pascal is so locked down that even the worst model can "overclock" to 2ghz.

The reason pascal overclocks so far is because clock for clock it's weaker
If you put a 1.5 ghz 980ti next to a 1.5ghz 1080 the 980ti would mop the floor with it, and 2ghz etc. Where as with maxwell if you overclocked by 200mhz you would get 15-20 extra fps, with pascal you would get 5-10 extra fps from a 200mhz overclock

They're volt and power locked and we still don't have a bios editor and probably wont get one. I'd pick up a cheap evga.

>FTW and Classified models
FTW 2 and Superclocked 2 only.

No

Yes.
evga.com/articles/01084/evga-icx/

wait for vega user

youtu.be/UtyaGppWknE

cool.

either gonna buy this or vega in 2 years time off ebay.

>AMD
>Wait
nope not falling for this again

Checked
But you are wrong.
A 1080 and 980ti at the same clocks are almost identical.

The difference is Pascal can hit 2,100mhz easily.
Nvidia locked the Voltage to a low number so OC is limited past that.

six-pack of whatever his name is got a 1080ti to hit 3,000mhz

>A 1080 and 980ti at the same clocks are almost identical
proof?

I cant seem to find the benchmark.
It was a comparison vs the 980ti vs the 1080 at the same clock speeds.

They were basically identical.

So no proof

>Vega will probably be the same price as the 1080Ti

Probably not though.

>MSI have shitty coolers
Damn nigga that's a good joke.

>wait for vega
>open video
>"hey what's up guys"

MSI Gaming X boosts to 2.1 for me and stays near 30 celcius at idle

You misunderstood
The cooling is decent, the COOLERS are cheap and ugly
Half the budget went into making it look like a lizard

>Giving idle temps
why

I'm running the Gigabyte Windforce edition (2 fans) and it runs very nicely and isn't very loud.

>Wait for polaris
>Wait for Ryzen
>Wait for Vega
Fuck of waitfags. Buy the best thing available now and enjoy it.

a-sush turbz

>just wait, we will beat Intel/Nvidia THIS time
And so the cycle continues.

Sup Forums autism at it's finest. Everyone can agree reference cooler sucks but the difference between individual brands is so fucking tiny nobody cares.
Best bet is to go for the company with the best refund policy.

Here in NZ the Strix is $100 cheaper than a FTW2.

This one: kfa2.com/kfa2/graphics-card/hof/kfa2-geforcer-gtx-1070-hof.html

I have to admit, this card is pretty good for the price. I play Arma 3 and run it at over 60fps, but it's time for something more powerful.

What would be a good step up from the 750Ti in a whole new system?

My current build is a few years old and I started it about 6 years ago upgrading here and there.

980Ti I can get for roughly $500 AUD.

Thoughts?

Get a 1070 Strix like this guy. Smarter than jumping to a 908ti.

performancewise, we are talking about 1-3 fps MAX. Check for reviews regarding cooling and noise, or prioritize customer service.
Gainward Phoenix / Palit Gamerock seem to rate fairly high

I've been looking at the KFA2 model myself, but I can't find solid info on whether I can turn off that horrendous led rgb rainbow lighting. I got a pc, not a dingy polish nightclub ffs

Strix

God, EVGA shills are the fucking worst.

Heh, I love AMDrones

>nvidia and intel release top notch performing products from the get go
>AMD shows up a year later, finally offering a product with same-ish performance for cheaper
>HAHA AMD WINS AGAIN BABY

They have different production cycles and appeal to separate audiences.

Wow you can really feel the impact of user's mom dropping him on the head as a baby in this post

There's literally 0% chance Vega will match a Titan X

It will most likely be somewhere between a 1070 and a 1080

> same-ish performance for cheaper
Well, that's what we're here for.
I can blow my entire monthly wage on a 1080Ti, but not going to, since it's going to be a few years when games will catch up and it's generally a waste of money. It's more considerate to pay $200 now and $200 two years later: I will earn more by that time, maybe I won't even play anything that requires a modern card.
All in all, 2x200 is wiser than 1x600.

can you act seriously?

>I'll just wait two years until I can play modern games beyond 1080p while everyone else has fun
Suit yourself, my man.

Bet that guy must feel retarded with his 1080 now that the Ti is out.

> beyond 1080p
I can play on 4K right now with my sweet 480X.

at 20fps? wow

That's one cute boy.

gtx 760

4u

GAINWARD GOLDEN SAMPLE
A
I
N
W
A
R
D

Lol no. They make customers pay shipping for RMA. Hahahaha

If you have a warranty they don't
Atleast they'll actually RMA your cards, MSI and Strix will just fuck you over by sending you a refurb model or flashing your bios and just sending it back

My friend spray painted his 970 and when it broke EVGA was perfectly fucking ok with it

ive bought a palit before and it fucking overheated, replaced it with evga and never looked back. i've heard from my friend who also has 1070 that his strix is good.

>My friend spray painted his 970

what the fuck?

My buddy bought a 980ti classified. 3 months later it broke, EVGA made him pay shipping.

My 780ti broke once. Called PNY, showed him a picture of my monitor. Sent me a shipping label and I got a 980 back two weeks later.

>Vega probably will be the same price as 1080Ti

So far are 11 model numbers for Vega.
I'm sure one of them will be in the $350-$450 range.

3 months is past the warranty, they have a free two month warranty
PNY is good too but seriously EVGA has the best customer support, my 960 broke so they gave me a 1060. I've known people who have gotten 1070s for their 980s breaking. Besides they will make you pay for shipping there but if when you get it shipped back you know you can just ask for a shipping refund right and they'll give you credit for how much you spent if you provide an invoice, unless you live outside of burgerland
He wanted a white shroud

Prices are definitely taking a dive when Vega appears soon.
Nvidia are going to re-release their cards with faster ram and base clock to compete.

I'd buy this one if i had the money.

Is that a 4 slot card?

A 4 slot 1070?

Wait for Vega

Nobody knows exactly how they will perform or what they will cost

But we are so close, just WAIT

Pascal is hot as fuck and high end models probably won't be as reliable as your 280X

>Just wait
>Just wait
>Just wait
fucking stop amdrones

3 slot

It looks like the fan shroud would extend more than 3 slots.

Gigabyte makes horrible nvidia cards, for the pascal gpus MSI and zotac make the best cards.

>MSI make the best cards

>Claims Gigabyte makes shitty cards
>Yet they are the fastest ones and the cooler ones

really makes you think..

MSI coolers are literal garbage and their customer support with fuck you over every turn, not to mention their failure rate

The 980 ti would mop the floor with it because it has more CUDA cores, not because the cores themselves are better.

Maxwell and Pascal are fundamentally the same architecture, with their differences coming from some feature implementations and a process shrink that allows for higher clocks. Not to mention that the 980 ti has better memory bandwidth as well.

Pascal derives its strength from being able to run at high clock speeds. A 980 has 2048 CUDA cores and a 1070 has 1920, both on pretty much the same architecture. The 1070 hitting 2GHz helps it win in this case, but clock for clock it would be beaten.

But yeah when it comes to locking down the cards, it's pretty bad. Voltage is locked down hard, and the cards don't run very hot anyway, so things like liquid cooling or better coolers don't do much beyond allowing GPU Boost 3.0 to clock them higher more consistently.

Probably just trolls but oh well

MSI and Zotac both have one of the best pcb designs, 10 and 8 phase pwn designs.
The coolers on both run perfectly fine and especially the msi cooler is praised for its silence in idle (as the fan just turns off) and good cooling performance.

All Zotac AMP! and MSI Gaming X cards I've tested didn't run very hot and overclock pretty well.

Did u forget? It's no use trying to argue with people on Sup Forums :^)

and they are everywhere

>wah just meanie trolls
grow up, cut the brand loyalty bud. MSI and Zotac do not care about you and they never will. EVGA cards have the fans turn off on idle and so do strix cards, it's nothing special, msi does not have anywhere near the best PCB design.

EVGA cards are best (^:
youtu.be/WAbl0fLY06U

First comment
>NoVideo FlameWorks™
kek

Literally nobody said that
you're projecting

ZOTAC and MSI are the best cards imo.
I prefer zotac though since they feature 5 year warranty.

Why lie

How can I lie about my own opinion you fucking abortion leftover

evga fixed this issue with the latest revision of their gpu. also they have the best customer service by an absolute country mile compared to the rest and their step up program is unlike anything offered by any of the rest.

Why have shitty opinions

>buy evga 1070 at launch
>few months after news comes out how awful the acx 3.0 cooler is
>evga will only give you another thermally abused card instead of a new one

Fuck them, got amazon to give me a full refund instead

Sorry I don't buy failed chips mean to poorfags

No, they send it back with a bios update and thermal pads that brings it down to the same temps as the other after market cards
stop being a drama queen

The BIOS update also cranks up the fan curve, making it far noisier than competing cooling solutions. That's unacceptable, Mr. EVGA Shill.

Nobody is shilling evga, I'm just telling you to stop being a whiny bitch

Like yours?

I'm not the person you were replying to. I'm just making sure that everybody's aware that EVGA cards are shit. Sorry that it's costing you money, Ramesh.

They aren't shit though literally nothing wrong with them

They literally swap used cards musical chairs style and crank the fans up above advertised levels.

If I'm paying 430 bucks for a video card it shouldn't have such a horrid design flaw

No it doesn't. I got a free upgrade to a 1070 from a faulty 980 and the 1070 cooler is quiet as fuck and I haven't seen it go over 66°c under full load even at a boost clock of 2ghz with the stock fan curve.

You might hate them but don't spread misinformation.

How good is the EVGA upgrade program?

Let's say I buy a 1070 today. Can I upgrade that to a 1080 and pay the difference anytime in the next 90 days?

Also, can I do that AGAIN with that 1080 to a 1080ti?

knew you'd say some stupid shit like that so I got this ready before making my post

We've already established that there's something wrong with them, even after the """""fix""""" of some 1 cent thermal pads and making it sound like a vacuum cleaner. Keep up, Sanjay.