Battlestation Thread /bst/

Other thread is dying, heres one to migrate to

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1791
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting

Yowza

Be gentle. There was a - $180 pricing mistake on the ultrawide. Currently looking for a new mouse.

had to jury rig a vesa mount for the portrait monitor because i was uneducated

why not put the other monitor in portrait mode?

Might take a new pic tomorrow, but nothing has changed.

It's a TN panel, and while it's the best panel I ever used, the viewing angles are horrible at that position

Which ultrawide is that?

Still deciding what posters should I print, what color gonna paint, parts for next build

Also gonna delay all improvements for late december/ early january as I have other expenses to cover

I have that same monitor and love it. I might buy another for dual.

34uc79g. Cost 700 in the US, 550 in my country to snatched it up for $400.

For reference the 60hz 34 inch LG ultrawide cost 350. $50 extra worth it for better stand+144hz

very clean
how is spot doing?

>how is spot doing?
He's doing fine.

What anime is the wallpaper on the Asus from?

new game

Good day lads. Spilled water over my model m so I'm somewhat forced to use a rubber dome til its clean

your dorm looks suspiciously like my school's dorms.

This meant to u

Thinking of going for an ultrawide, the colors on these TN panels suck

Nice cable management.

yeah, i figured. I used to have a TN mounted portrait but it was terrible, so i got a Samsung PLS instead

That's what happens when you buy jade monitors.

Nice headphones, coaster, and steam controller. People shit on the controller but it's comfy and translates keyboard games nicely. I play FFXIV comfortably in my living room using it.

Pretty bland.

Always comfy.

Nice monitor, if I were you I'd put the desktop on the floor to the right. Reduces the annoying fan noises and gives you more surface.

What do you use all those tools for user? I like the case.

Comfy dog, you should take pictures higher up so we can see your peripherals n shit.

What colors are you thinking of?

Comfy and minimal, what's the keyboard?

Sorry about your model m, they're built like tanks so hopefully it's not too bad.

This confuses me for so many reasons.

I play infinity, which involves lots of painting little things, when I can be bothered. The case is a Thermaltake Core V1, which i took the logo off, then hammered and heated out the dint, before respraying.

I should take a new picture with my new Moomin mug. Maybe tomorrow.

Nice speakers

brety gud, what's under your desk look like? 6.5/10
memes/10 scrap the LEDs and gayman crap
[empty like my soul]/10
what ice cream is that?
fully dig. 8/10
im considering an ultrawide. would you recommend? 5/10
yikes at everything. 3/10 you get points for the case
>taskbar on the tv
naw man. 6/10, colors look nice though
not much to say, but for some reason I don't like it. too edgy maybe?
8/10
what're you majoring in? solid for a college setup. 8/10
clean up the cables and get the printer off the floor 6/10
I like it except for where it is in the room? kinda weird, and this coming from the triangle apartment guy 8/10
eek 2/10
all the glass is scary. but nice looking nonetheless 7/10
hope you have dust filters, i like this 9/10

It's in front of my living room area, where a dining table would go if I didn't live alone.

Ordered the PC for the second setup, gets here on Friday or before.
Going to set that up and do a bunch of cleaning, organization, and small things in general.
Any decorations I could get to put around the room?
Be expecting some new photos soon!

I didnt like it too much, gonna go for an ultrawide next build
>What colors are you thinking of?
Dunno maybe another shade of grey
>I don't like it. too edgy maybe?
Yeah it lacks something

Thank

>hope you have dust filters, i like this 9/10
Sure do, thanks for reminding me to clean them. The only place my case doesn't have a dust filter is on the rear exhaust.
Though the PSU one never sees any dust to filter because my PSU never turns its fan on even when my system is under full load.

>yikes at everything. 3/10 you get points for the case

Do you have some issue with the fact that I use my desk for more than just my computer?

i have a problem with spaghetti wires, in a thread about appearance.
i have a problem with standing a TV on a DIY wooden frame on a board about technology.
i have a problem with poor picture taking skills in an era of unprecedented photographic capability in everyone's pockets.
there are several things.
>Yeah it lacks something
for me I think it has too many somethings

sup

Those speakers are shit right?

>not having Trump's tastes in furniture
>current year

depends what kind of an audio autist you are. i think these pairs good for the price.

long time no posting familia, a lot has changed (waiting for new monitor to take new pic)

>tfw no flared chance in this thread

there's a tv and diy wooden frame in the picture?

>tfw no comfy setups yet

>obey sticker
Nobody's going to say anything?
Says a lot about these threads.

nothing like a wooden chair and cramped desk for comfy

Is that an Ikea desk?

nothing to write home about, nice wallpaper though

best itt desu
fuck those shut ins with their reddit machines

Why not put IRC on the vertical screen? Genuinely curious.

fucking yuppies

go kill yourself

>yuppies
fucking poorfags.
Your enthusiasm for technology has gotten you nowhere in life somehow in 2014+

It looks like you are setup in the mudroom of a cottage, comfy user. What headphones are those?

What drink is in that can?

Minmalist! What keyboard is that?

Is this a new wallpaper I see user; I also never got an answer to that thing below the rubiks cube, what is it?

Can you share your wallpaper plz?

What happened to the surface of your desk, was there a huge sticker there at one point?
Who is the lady on the screen?

Maintain Aspect Ratio on that speccy like we talked about.

I feel like you have found your "spot" user, comfy af.

Productivity overload.

What speakers are those?

You a lefty?
Liking this quite a bit
Like the setup quite a bit. Kitten looks mighty

>Who is the lady on the screen?
Megumin from Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Yo that ain't comfy ... THIS is comfy ...

>no homebuilt arcade
why even live?

>What happened to the surface of your desk, was there a huge sticker there at one point?

I have a mental compulsion to damage or destroy anything around me

they are the swan m10's

>Maintain Aspect Ratio on that speccy like we talked about
Yeah havent updated the pic yet, maybe tomorrow, maybe till I get new parts

>what ice cream is that?
Picture related

>Minmalist! What keyboard is that?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1791
They don't have pictures of this exact make anywhere on the internet, but you can find plenty of reviews of the F660* model.

The Razor shit was a gift wouldn't have bought it for myself. That said the keyboard has held up really well and I do like it. The mouse constantly has issues and the most annoying drivers I've ever seen (phones home to the cloud). The headset ain't bad now that I have a 7.1 sound card but I know I could get something a lot better than what my brother paid for this stuff.

I build this machine for him and he ditched it after 6 months because he wanted the latest and greatest. He bought a GTX980 for it when they were still new and sent it back over. He picked out the case as well, not a fan of it but no reason to ditch it. The entire computer was free to me. I'm thinking of building another one for myself soon and will probably give it to a friend. I'm either going to do that or have to swap out the CPU for something that doesn't have vd-t disabled. I want to run Gentoo as my main OS on this machine but I need the ability to passthrough the GPU for certain applications/games. For now I'm stuck dual booting.

I sometimes do depending on my mood. Usually I use that vertical screen for reading books, browsing imageboards, going through directories, and shit posting. Sometimes I have the center monitor vertical as well but tonight I was playing some /fightan/ with my buddy so I had it in landscape when I took the picture.

The CRT is mainly for working with older video sources, playing older video games, and hooking up old consoles like my Dreamcast when I feel like playing online with it.

Right now I'm running a four monitor set-up with plans to go to 6 or 8 in the future. My fourth monitor at the moment is a 32-inch TV that is just out of frame. When I have company over to play /fighttan/ games we play on it instead of using the BenQ. That was everyone can be /comfy/.

It's store brand Dr. Pepper. Someone gave me a 12-pack for free. They don't taste as good as the real thing.

Here's mine. I still need to do some painting on the wall, but this is how it'll end up looking generally. The projector has a nice enough 60 inch wide image, and is good enough for the older consoles. I do plan to get a 1080P one with component for better quality and connecting my more modern stuff.

somehowmorepovertythanme/10
I'm digging the aesthetic, and I love glass desks. I used to have a glass surface on a wood desk and it was the best stuff for welding stuff
simple and tasteful, digging the colors
really clean, but maybe looks a bit out of place with the rest of the room from what I can see
simple and functional, it seems like you could do a lot more if you wanted to go that way
good mouse, I can understand the clutter myself
I love the look of that desk, but it doesn't really mix with the stuff on it. maybe consider some vesa arms to get monitors off the desk
functional/10
a little too cluttered for my taste, but it could work

>your dorm looks suspiciously like my school's dorms.
it's a wisconsin school
>Comfy and minimal, what's the keyboard?
leopold fc660m w/ clears
>what're you majoring in? solid for a college setup. 8/10
math at the moment, but i don't really know, dude. i keep fantasizing about dropping out, maybe i'll get the courage to actually do it
>I feel like you have found your "spot" user, comfy af.
tyty. i really like that hanging plant thing you have

redid the desk after work, settling in for some drawfaggin' and planet coaster
>ricerig for maximum cozy

please do NOT rate my battlestation

10/10

I said no NOT rate me!

supreme virgin/10

But I've actually had sex multiple times with TWO different girls!

The two faces of your daki don't count, user.

Jokes on you, you can't even fuck a daki. A least make an onahole joke if you want to make a legitimate shitpost

>can't fuck a daki
You obviously lack ingenuity

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\

NOice, you left or right handed?

right handed sir, why?

just wondering about your portrait monitor position. I'm right handed, and I feel like having mine on the right would be very uncomfortable. is mine. I thought the monitor side might indicate your preferred hand

that might be true but i only have it on the side i do because of the spacing, never thought about that tho

I'm a lefty, my vertical has always been on the left, however, my left eye doesn't work, and I prefer the horizontal display to be on the right.

although in saying what i said in , your monitor is set further back than mine

アッかリーーン is a cute tho

Lovely spring day.

Yes, I recommend either a 29 inch or a 34 Inch ultrawide

m e s s y b o i s

Breddy basic

Whoops forgot pic.
How is everyone?

10/10 still. What's the screen again?

This is lovely. What is the desk?
+1 for MX Master
8/10

I really love this. Absolutely gorgeous guts man. Why do you use the trackpad instead of a mouse?
Do you actually play those old consoles?
9/10

Hey man how you doing?
You only went with the one PC then?

Ah hello! I still love your setup, and that little hanging ornament is gorgeous.

How can you stand having your keyboard and mouse so close to the edge of the desk?
Do you not get wrist strain?

Why two mice?
I like the rest of the setup. Which model of TP is that?
6/10 needs better screens

Always lovely to see.

YES YOU SHOULD

The smaller screen is a tablet?

I see what you did, you made 2 pics into a 4480x1080, do you have them individually?

Guys, could you help me choose between Cooler Master N200 and Cougar Archon

Yeah. Real neat if you watch a lot of stuff in the bed.

Considering something better at my next place.

What case is that? It looks nice

>Why two mice?
One for the desktop, one for the laptop. I use the clit on the laptop mostly, but from time to time, I switch on the mouse for reasons of speed.
>Which model of TP is that?
ThinkPad X220 Tablet.

fair enough. I've an x220 myself.
Really wish I'd waited a bit and gotten an x220t but this was a steal anyways so I'm happy.

What keyboard is that if you dont mind me asking?

I honestly feel I fucked up with the tablet version. The regular version has a FHD mod, not that expensive, but it doesn't really work with the tablet version.