VGA, ethernet, parallel printer cable

The best connector ever made, IMO

End yourself.

XLR, 3.5mm, BNC, RCA.

SCART is pretty funny lookin

stupid copy of micro usb
end yourself shill

USB-C is bae

I quite like HDMI due to it being very widespread and providing so much functionality. Of course there's the license part and the different versions of the standard making things a bit more complicated.

Not that I feel especially strongly about any kind of cable.

RCA has been the same for 80+ years and still works perfectly well

there's that word again

USB 3.0 type A male to USB 3.0 type A female.

It just feels so...right.

Plugging in a 1/4" audio cable is comfy as hell, much meatier and more solid than 1/8"

As for my least favorite, nothing in the world is worse than the awful coaxial shit they use for cable TV.

Who the fuck sells 40ft?

We only have 6ft, then multiples of 25ft.

Anyways, BNC/SDI will always be my favorite.

USB is actually terrible

BNC, Centronics connector, RJ45

amazon.com/Your-Cable-Store-Foot-Microphone/dp/B0026NLPYO
Might have actually been 50ft ones, but you can get them on Amazon. Although ours were a lot more high quality.

I have one and it's my favorite cable by far. Don't even know what you're talking about. Pleb.

Don't you dare suggest otherwise.

How's that fucking feedback every time you plug the cunts in?

Picture related, speakon's a superior connector. The cable gives way before the connector will, no feedback, no problems

Never seen Speakon, but we do use powercon for all of out uplighting.

second best cable

>feedback
>leaving the channel on when plugging it in

basically this tbqh

These cables are fucking magical.

type n 50 ohm amphenol
why use bnc when u can have higher bandwidth in a sexier package?

>screws on
No thanks

SCSI is objectively superior to all other connectors

But any good system doesn't cause any noise when removing an XLR connection provided they're not sending any 48v.

Speakon is comfy af however

name me one sturdy connector that gets high bandwidth that isn't screw on

These are bretty nice DVI is nice to look at though.

I never said there was

>VHDCI 68-pin SCSI
>not superior SFF-8644 Mini-SAS

i still dont understand why my audio-engineer calls these cables "Cannon".

Also, SDI a best

>nothing in the world is worse than the awful coaxial shit they use for cable TV.

At least coaxial can be connected and disconnected by a lone mortal.

Battery connectors are Satan's own genitals.

XLR are really master race of audio cables in terms of functionality, but 1/4 audio jacks are pretty comfy to plug in

:^)

Midi followed by 1/4 inch stereo that would probably be followed by ps/2

get on my level.

Hermaphroditic SAE cables

Since someone already posted speakon, guess I'll have to go with this.

lemo is where it's at

CX4

I'd have to agree with this.
There's something so delightfully satisfying about sliding a big meaty connector in with that solid "KA-CHUNK"

1/4" mono/stereo

This makes my skin crawl.

>that lack of any insulation at the termination rendering the big snake useless

Gotta love how they just keep getting further into this. Soon they'll be taking trips into space to listen to music because Earth's got too mny wifi routers around causing advanced proton velocidensity or some shit.

There is a lot of radiation being blasted at you. Radio waves, microwaves, satellite signals, cell towers... it goes on, it's brutal. My ears are pretty tuned in. They can pick up on the way all that garbage radiation interferes with the audio signal.

So long as the music I'm listening to has a beat that's a logarithmic multiple of the nearest pulsar's periodization, listening to music in space will always be better than listening here on Earth. In fact, I imagine that some music will sound even better thanks to the pulsar's influence on the beat. I only wish I could experience music around the galaxy, so I could get those enhanced music effects from multiple pulsars, but alas, I was only born in this century.

gib me amps

do you have autism lmao

Underrated post

SFF-8088 - very satisfying to insert. Too bad the pull tabs are terrible on most so removal feels like shit.

Step aside, faggots. V.35 here.

No, but seriously, I think BNC is my favorite connector. Those niggers aren't going anywhere once you twist that shit and it locks in.

I've been hosting servers for years and plugging these in still hasn't gotten old

Best cable by far

What are we wiring a trailer here? Wait until it gets bent and caked in mud, fuckers completely useless.

VW rotary transmission connector is the best plastic auto-related connector.

they helped me get over my autism because i could never get them to look proper/not ruin airflow. Being forced to put up with them getting all over the place and looking like dogshit was good for me.

at least the FUCKING SHIT FUCK PINS don't fall out every time you try to plug it in.

XLR is the shit. 1/4 TRS/TS are okay because of their small profile in right angle configs though. I just don't like having to rotate cables around sometimes since some of the jacks on my gear are 2-3 decades old.

This.

amerifats and bongs don't know what they're missing out on

hnnnnnng

Displayport > HDMI

The answer is BNC for sure. Locks in place, nice and sturdy, can support high bandwidth, and it's compact.

You can't reply to a post after 20 minutes and say it's under rated
Like nobody has been here to even rate it

>tab breaks
>becomes complete shit

That's why you get the ones with the plastic over the tab.

*Click*

*tab breaks off*

*plastic hardens*

What?

*uv exposure*

>he's never had the plastic covering harden over time
Let me tell you, it's a bitch on the thumb.

I've only had cables with the plastic covering for a year or so, been a godsend so far

Ah, I see. It's probably cause you've never been in a switch closet before. Cold air, hot air, time, does a number on the plastic.

Only one I've been in didn't have the plastic covers

Simply depends.

audiophiles should be shot.

actually thicker wires is one of the few audiophile obsessions that might have something to it

thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-speaker-cable/

Came here to post this. Theres just something satisfying about it

Normal Triax isn't screwing, dumbass

Looked like screw threads on the inside. Sorry I'm not familiar with your obscure connector, you piece of shit.

up till the point where it thins out at the end, and is just sitting there unshielded. If they're gonna autism out, might as well go all out no?

s video

i didnt have alot of time with it but when i did i made snes great again

These are great if the car isn't shit and puts the battery in a really awkward place.

XLR & RJ45

Euro conns are far better than this.

>The XLR connector was invented by James H. Cannon, founder of Cannon Electric in Los Angeles, California (now part of ITT Corporation), and for this reason it was sometimes colloquially known as a Cannon plug or Cannon connector and in Japan as Cannon jack

I agree, it's stylish and has good performance.

Still XLR are my shit too, i do love me some thick black cables

>do you have autism?
he says while posting a mongolian moving stills picture

you men we get to plug more than one thing in?

XLR really is great, cheap but unless you get the very cheapest they never break, don't come loose, thicc, etc., it's my favourite.
If Molex would be easier to work with I would enjoy it too, 3 voltages on one connector. But they are always crap quality and hard to connect/disconnect.

I have a ribbon cable fetish.